The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

Carr actually threw ball over 10 yards a bunch today. People still not happy because of one play the fumble. I dunno what to do anymore. I'll be first to admit when Carr play cost us but packers took that fumble and scored within 1min 20 secs. If defense holds em it keeps us in game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You're nuts. Carr is a top 5 QB under the age of 30 in the NFL. You take the bad with the good from a QB like Carr.

Gruden doesn't take deep shots. He plays a game control offense. Running the ball, with short timing passes and then uses the success of that to set up deep shots off play action. Carr is that QB. He's not going anywhere, get him some guys to throw to outside of 3 TEs and he will ball out.

You really really reallyyyyy need to take the goggles off. There are 20 QBs in the league I’d take over Carr with relative ease. Named them all to Frankie and he couldn’t dispute any of those names. 

Carr is a game manager. He can makes throws every now and then that a game manager can’t but that’s not his game. He’s been a dink and dunk QB since college. Also been a QB since college that feels phantom pressure and absolutely horrendous against top defenses.

Carr didn’t go in the 2nd RD cause of his brother. He went in the 2nd RD because he played in a dink and dunk offense, played all cakewalk defenses until USC, and then got absolutely obliterated. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

Carr actually threw ball over 10 yards a bunch today. People still not happy because of one play the fumble. I dunno what to do anymore. I'll be first to admit when Carr play cost us but packers took that fumble and scored within 1min 20 secs. If defense holds em it keeps us in game

I even said Carr in no way cost us this game. I just saw people saying Carr is having a great season. He’s having a below average season 100%. Not terrible but certainly below average. 

Carr played well outside of really one play. The last pick was kind of in desperation mode. We didn't get in with two runs from the 2 yard line the series before. 

The D was bad. The Dline didn't do the job. The fumble was a big play, but we didn't have to let go 80 yards for a score or open up the second half with a TD. Carr was trying to make a play. It was an error given the situation. We were only down 4 at the time. This loss is on the team, but there was a lot to feel good about in my opinion. If we win next week, we make the playoffs. Our schedule gets much easier from here on out. We need Trent Williams though.

• Like 2

Carr deserves flack for the fumble, but hes not the one trying to cover no name receivers or giving a future HOF QB all day to pick them apart.

Crosby is gonna be a good player and the run defense is solid.  The secondary is and edge rush continues to be a NEED.

• Like 3

Seeing this arguments reminds me so much of the Alex Smith days with fans going back and forth regarding his legitimacy as the 49ers savior. At least Carr has a monster season to his name, but that was 3 years ago, and he hasn't looked the same since. A lot of up and down. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Seeing this arguments reminds me so much of the Alex Smith days with fans going back and forth regarding his legitimacy as the 49ers savior. At least Carr has a monster season to his name, but that was 3 years ago, and he hasn't looked the same since. A lot of up and down. 

I SEE YOU...

Oh you need to take your popcorn and read the game time thread. You'll enjoy that one even more. LOL

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Yep. Up and down. The raiders roster in 2017 and 18 was top notch. That must have something to do with it. Too bad Carr was holding back his brand new offensive coordinators, who are so great they changed every year prior to last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. Up and down. The raiders roster in 2017 and 18 was top notch. That must have something to do with it. Too bad Carr was holding back his brand new offensive coordinators, who are so great they changed every year prior to last year.

Yeah, we had those excuses with Alex Smith too, and every other one in the book. Derek Carr's story isn't over yet, but I don't think it's going to last much longer in Oakland. Well, the entire team won't last much longer in Oakland, but you understand. 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, we had those excuses with Alex Smith too, and every other one in the book. Derek Carr's story isn't over yet, but I don't think it's going to last much longer in Oakland. Well, the entire team won't last much longer in Oakland, but you understand. 

Again, Derek Carr is not Alex Smith.

And the teams dysfunction at a roster/coaching level is a very legitimate excuse. I don't see how it being true of smith changes anything.

There's literally no reason to move on from Carr right now. He's played good football and moved the ball effectively this year. He's 28 and finally in a stable offensive system and has started to show progression in several areas. 

Our fans will cry because they want a playoff team right now, which deep down the coaching staff knows we are not. 

Unless you think the team is going to net an elite quarterback in the draft, I see no reason to move on from him. 

Can you elaborate?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And the teams dysfunction at a roster/coaching level is a very legitimate excuse. I don't see how it being true of smith changes anything.

There's literally no reason to move on from Carr right now. He's played good football and moved the ball effectively this year. He's 28 and finally in a stable offensive system and has started to show progression in several areas. 

Our fans will cry because they want a playoff team right now, which deep down the coaching staff knows we are not. 

Unless you think the team is going to net an elite quarterback in the draft, I see no reason to move on from him. 

Can you elaborate?

I know he's not the same player. But earlier I said he's not the guy, and the bickering among the Raiders fanbase reminds me of what 49ers fans were going through at the time he was around. Just don't think the division among the fanbase is a good omen. 

He just hasn't looked like himself as a decision maker since 2016. And I don't believe the change in personnel like no Cooper, Crabtree, or Musgrave calling the plays is a reason for his lack of executing like he used to, when he was dragging the Raiders to wins, and having a case for league MVP. 

Carr might play well enough to keep his job. Is that the best outcome for the franchise? Ehhh...

But you believe in him still. So whatever. :)

Edited by PapaShogun

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I know he's not the same player. But earlier I said he's not the guy, and the bickering among the Raiders fanbase reminds me of what 49ers fans were going through at the time he was around. Just don't think the division among the fanbase is a good omen. 

He just hasn't looked like himself as a decision maker since 2016. And I don't believe the change in personnel like no Cooper, Crabtree, or Musgrave calling the plays is a reason for his lack of executing like he used to, when he was dragging the Raiders to wins, and having a case for league MVP. 

Carr might play well enough to keep his job. Is that the best outcome for the franchise? Ehhh...

But you believe in him still. So whatever. :)

I've watched every game he's played at least twice. He looked lost in Downing's system in 17 and last year had no chance with our lack of weapons. This year (and late last year) he's come into his own in terms of managing the pocket/pressure, feeling the rush, and generally making good decisions.

He was dragging Raiders to wins because he had a good scheme, confidence, and good weapons. He has 2 of those now. The 3rd can be a reality as early as next year. 

As a decision maker? He's turned the ball over less since the 2nd half of last year and actually made better decisions with the football looking at it as a whole.

The difference is it's hard to drag a poor roster to wins with a bad defense against a tough schedule. We have an insanely hard schedule. If we had a cupcake one, we might have a chance to sneak a wildcard. With our current schedule? No chance.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Carr not fumbling probably has us going into half with the lead I prefer that.

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can you elaborate?

My only point with Carr he F's up at the wrong time.