The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Sure I can.

First 6 years of starting

84 starts 63.5 % 20,149 yds 130 TD 58 int 6.7 y/a 

95 starts 61.9% 21,558 yds 147 TD 78 int 7.2 y/a 

Carr has the rest of the season to improve his numbers. Of course you'll point to the records and championships, but anyone who gives credit to Brady for those is immediately disqualified from any argument. He made the plays he had too back then, but they won in spite of him back then. Might even call him a game manager.

I can't make this stuff up 🤔

Brady's first year starting was in the year 2001 and Carr was 2014. First years of starting in a different era of football in the early 2000s with many DIFFERENT rules

Stats don't tell everything man. Brady was making winning plays on a run-first team. Carr is not getting the job done it period. You cannot continue to turn over the ball in the red zone consistently. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bad comparison. Brady was a system QB his first six seasons while in the weight room developing better arm strength 24/7 and devouring film basically on a 24/7 basis as well. Brady is where he is with work ethic. 

Carr already came into the league with a monster arm. He has felt phantom pressure since college, something Brady has never felt. Average at best pocket presence. Bradys has always been good. Carr has always been kind of a “dumb” QB hence the mistakes and 20 wonderlic score (the lowest starting QB score in the league besides Lamar Jackson). 

Theres no comparison between Brady and Carr. 

Remember was the excuse he wasn't being protected?

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Bad comparison. Brady was a system QB his first six seasons while in the weight room developing better arm strength 24/7 and devouring film basically on a 24/7 basis as well. Brady is where he is with work ethic. 

Carr already came into the league with a monster arm. He has felt phantom pressure since college, something Brady has never felt. Average at best pocket presence. Bradys has always been good. Carr has always been kind of a “dumb” QB hence the mistakes and 20 wonderlic score (the lowest starting QB score in the league besides Lamar Jackson). 

Theres no comparison between Brady and Carr. 

Just so I have this right. Brady was allowed to work to improve during his career, but Carr is not. Got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

You cant compare Brady and the Patriots , possibly the best ever player the NFL has ever seen to Carr and the Raiders 

You obviously didn’t read the last two sentences. 

They aren’t the same but if they are even 80% of what the patriots are they’ll be great. In fact Brady has looked much worse this season throwing ints but unlike Carr he has a defense that can bail him out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady's first year starting was in the year 2001 and Carr was 2014. First years of starting in a different era of football in the early 2000s with many DIFFERENT rules

Stats don't tell everything man. Brady was making winning plays on a run-first team. Carr is not getting the job done it period. You cannot continue to turn over the ball in the red zone consistently. 

No of course stats don't tell the whole story. However, they tell part of it. Like how he's thrown 20 less picks in 11 less starts. 

Yes DIFFERENT rules, I can capitalize stuff too. No mention of Brady walking into a SB caliber team or having the same coach his entire career.

We can both spin it.

• Like 1

If the season ended today I’d still roll with Carr one more year and take a EDGE, ILB, or WR in the 1st Round depending how BPA falls. 

However, Joe Burrow and Jacob Eason are making compelling arguments right now of being Top 10 picks, and we could be a Top 10 pick 

Depending how Carr performs the rest of the year and depending where we pick, I could certainly see Gruden/Mayock pulling the trigger on Burrow or Eason. 

We would sign AJ Green probably in FA. If, big if obviously, his health pans out he’s a Top 5 WR. Most years he was healthy I had him #2 to AB. 

With our other first round pick we’d probably go EDGE or ILB depending on BPA. And trade into the 2nd and nab another WR. 

Too early to speculate on the off season but this off season I think we are gonna get a lot better. 

Raiders schedule so far:

DEN 2-5

KC 5--2

MIN 6-2

IND 4-2

CHI 3-3

GB 6-1

Patriots schedule so far:

PIT 2-4

MIA 0-6

NYJ 1-5

BUF 5-1

WAS 1-7

NYG 2-5

NYJ 1-5

I wonder how much better we would look if we swapped schedules with the Patriots.

I understand everyone is burning their Carr jerseys right now, but I think he's doing pretty good with his situation.  Playing against a lot of tough teams, at .500 on the season, without his #1 WR (should've been #2) the last week and RT down.  Jacobs was sick before a game and I believe was effected by that.  We have a bottom 5 defense.  I think he is doing just fine.  I'd even bet we would probably be 5-2 if we had the Patriot's season.  I bet our defense would look really great against a lot of those teams too.

Anywho, just wanted to throw this out there.

Edited by Jerry

42 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Raiders schedule so far:

DEN 2-5

KC 5--2

MIN 6-2

IND 4-2

CHI 3-3

GB 6-1

Patriots schedule so far:

PIT 2-4

MIA 0-6

NYJ 1-5

BUF 5-1

WAS 1-7

NYG 2-5

NYJ 1-5

I wonder how much better we would look if we swapped schedules with the Patriots.

I understand everyone is burning their Carr jerseys right now, but I think he's doing pretty good with his situation.  Playing against a lot of tough teams, at .500 on the season, without his #1 WR (should've been #2) the last week and RT down.  Jacobs was sick before a game and I believe was effected by that.  We have a bottom 5 defense.  I think he is doing just fine.  I'd even bet we would probably be 5-2 if we had the Patriot's season.  I bet our defense would look really great against a lot of those teams too.

Anywho, just wanted to throw this out there.

This about it. 

going into week 8 a QB has; 1. lost his WR1 who was considered the best in the league before the season started. 2. He hasn't played with his WR2 the last 2 games. 3.Has NEVER had his starting 5 OL all together. 4. Has traded for 2 new WR mid season. All while playing in a run first offense with 7 new starters with him in a complex system. YET he is passing for 250 yards a game. Leads the league in completion %. 2:1 TD to INT ratio. 

The guy isn't going anywhere. If people want him to be replaced or think The Raiders SHOULD replace him that is fine. They are allowed to think whatever they want. But I can tell you for certain. Derek Carr will be the Raiders QB for a long time. Gruden LOVES the guy to a fault almost.   

Wouldn’t it be pretty strange to see Brady in a Raider uniform? If Scheffy is reporting a rift I believe it. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady wants to do a one-two year contract like Montana did somewhere. He’s still very good, but back-end Top 10 good. 

I think he’d stay in the AFC as NFC is murderers row. Titans make the most sense by far but the Bills, Colts, and Raiders are interesting wild cards. 

Sign Brady 2 years (nothing guaranteed 2nd year). 

Draft Eason at Pick 32 (move up). 

Trade Carr for 1st to some NFC team. Bears lol?

Draft EDGE Okwara, WR Ruggs in the 1st. 

Wouldn’t that be nuts? 

Edited by BayRaider

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wouldn’t it be pretty strange to see Brady in a Raider uniform? If Scheffy is reporting a rift I believe it. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady wants to do a one-two year contract like Montana did somewhere. He’s still very good, but back-end Top 10 good. 

I think he’d stay in the AFC as NFC is murderers row. Titans make the most sense by far but the Bills, Colts, and Raiders are interesting wild cards. 

Sign Brady 2 years (nothing guaranteed 2nd year). 

Draft Eason at Pick 32 (move up). 

Trade Carr for 1st to some NFC team. Bears lol?

Draft EDGE Okwara, WR Ruggs in the 1st. 

Wouldn’t that be nuts? 

You and @Humble_Beast been playing too much Madden.