The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

In Week 11, Derek Carr led the NFL with 10.1 yards per pass attempt.

Since Week 6, no one in the NFL has averaged more yards per attempt than Derek Carr (9.2).

#RaiderNation

My phone wont quote the tweet right. Vic Tafur retweeted it. Remember when Carr was last in the league in YPA and we all (some of us) thought he wouldn't get better/was actually quite bad/was the end of the world? It's amazing how much coaching matters. Or maybe he's just getting better. Or maybe both.

Whatever it is just keep doing it.

• Like 5

Pretty solid and fair breakdown of Carr from a non Raider fan:

His overall grades:

Arm Talent: A

Quick Accuracy: A

Impact Accuracy: B+

Processor: B+

Pocket Presence: C+

Play Extension: C-

Release: A

Speed: C+ (generous)

Very solid season so far. I actually thought it was a super super good breakdown. Like, hard to argue with much in it and he’s very specific and detail driven. 

I will disagree with his final ranking. Carr has boosted up to the 12-15 tier for me. Everything else in the video is great though. 

Edited by BayRaider

I remember NTL kept asking me what statline do I wanna see in 2019 to make Carr the QB in 2020. I told him that doesn’t make any sense, we have to watch him play and you don’t decide “Hey this statline, you keep, this statline, you don’t”. It’s not nearly that simple. 

However I finally complied with: 3900 yards, 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 67% COMP, and 8.2 YPA. The big thing was YPA as he was the most conservative QB in the league and teams just gameplanned within 10 years (one of the reasons our offense was so bad). 

This year Carr is on pace for: 3500 yards, 70% COMP, 25 TDs, 8 INTs, and 8.1 YPA.

A little short on yards but I’ll certainly say Carr came in and delivered. He’s having a fantastic year and is having the exact season I wanted to see. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

2016: 262.5 ypg | 63.8 Cmp % | 5.0 TD% | 7.0 Y/A | 7.5 AY/A | 1.1 INT % | 96.7 QB Rating

2019: 249.4 ypg | 72.3 Cmp % | 4.8 TD% | 8.0 Y/A | 8.3 AY/A | 1.6 INT % | 105.2 QB Rating

This is definitely the best year of his career. 2016 was always really overrated due to those super entertaining comebacks. 

19 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Think he has done enough to be our qb for the next few years, but these next two games can add a great deal to how he is perceived. 

Agreed. Destroying the Jets and somehow beating KC with a good all around game will cement him here for a long time. I’m tired of Kc destroying him, especially when their secondary isn’t even good. 

Edited by BayRaider

What I don't understand is how little of you saw what Carr was doing the last 2 years, which was tailoring his game to his surrounding talent.  It was obvious DC's top shelf QB talent was still there by the way he navigated his way with those terrible teams, checking down and not trying to do too much which would only open him up to pointless injuries and shorten his career.  I remember average fans clamoring for him to go deep which was extremely low brow thinking.  I could not believe that some of you were wanting him to sit in the pocket, risking injury by going deep our speed demons Jordy  Nelson and Ateman.  It made zero sense both then and now.  

Derek has learned a tremendous amount form his brother who played on some terrible teams that had zero talent and he tried to do too much.  It almost got him killed and Derek, just like his brother, has had absolutely terrible talent around him from day 1.  Derek has been playing to his surrounding talent, or lack thereof (No RB, below average WR core, average TE's, average Oline and a beyond terrible D) which has alway showed me that he is intelligent.   He wasn't carless with the ball, he was taking what was given to him and not forcing the ball to players who would have been backups on most other teams.  

I find it remarkable that most of you are now realizing that Derek is a top QB in the NFL that any team would love to build around him.  Some of you clamoring last year that he needs to be traded and we need to sign castoff garbage like Foles, Fitzgarbage or T. Taylor.  

Most people are blind to things that seem so obvious.  It boggles my mind how clueless people really are.  

Let’s not crown him yet Frankie, these next two are telling, a easy coast road game, and at Kansas City. He needs to make that KC game ultra competitive and look good. A loss is fine but Carr needs to show out. 0-9 against KC on non thursdays with a low 70’s rating is unacceptable. Good solid game with a loss is fine. As long as he’s able to win one next year. 

48 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I find it remarkable that most of you are now realizing that Derek is a top QB in the NFL that any team would love to build around him.  

I think most of us have always agreed that Carr can be successful with elite OL play as we've seen in 2016 and again this year. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think most of us have always agreed that Carr can be successful with elite OL play as we've seen in 2016 and again this year. 

Lol you're delusional.  So many of you were calling for his head last season it wasn't funny.  Completely blind to the intelligence of what Carr was doing.  

Some of the replacements you guys wanted for Carr (Fitztrash, Foles, T. Taylor) were comical or wanting to mortgage the house and trade up for Murray and better yet when I asked you guys to list Qb's better than Carr I saw things like Dalton, , Mayfield, Darnold, Finley, Trashbinski, Tannehill.... 

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. 

I just can't believe people can watch football and be so clueless.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol you're delusional.  So many of you were calling for his head last season it wasn't funny.  Completely blind to the intelligence of what Carr was doing.  

Some of the replacements you guys wanted for Carr (Fitztrash, Foles, T. Taylor) were comical or wanting to mortgage the house and trade up for Murray and better yet when I asked you guys to list Qb's better than Carr I saw things like Dalton, , Mayfield, Darnold, Finley, Treasbinski, Tannehill.... 

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.  I just can't believe people can watch football and be so clueless.  

As @NYRaider said, all of us know Carr is a great QB with a Top 2-3 Pass Protection. The argument has always been we shouldn’t need to always put an elite tier pass protection like that around him. Having a Top 3 Pass Protection is extremely rare and a complete luxury. 

Andy Dalton has a Top 3 Pass Protection in 2015 and was a Top 2-3 MVP candidate before missing the final three games. 

Having a Top 3 Pass Pro is a complete and utter luxury that should not be a necessity. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

As @NYRaider said, all of us know Carr is a great QB with a Top 2-3 Pass Protection. The argument has always been we shouldn’t need to always put an elite tier pass protection like that around him. Having a Top 3 Pass Protection is extremely rare and a complete luxury. 

Andy Dalton has a Top 3 Pass Protection in 2015 and was a Top 2-3 MVP candidate before missing the final three games. 

Having a Top 3 Pass Pro is a complete and utter luxury that should not be a necessity. 

Haha All of a sudden you now "know" Carr is a top Qb is because he is having the season he's having. 

You're a typical Monday morning QB saying you "knew" something after it has come to fruition.  Zero skill involved in that #zero

You're saying Carr is having another fantastic season is because of our Oline play? There is nothing one can say to such nonsense, saying our Oline is the only reason for Carr's success and still trying to compare him to Dalton. SMH

Here's a post to show you're a hypocrite.  You "knew" Carr was good yet had "#ZeroConfidence" in this great player LOL

Just admit you had #zeroclue regarding what a good QB looks like. 

BayRaider

• BayRaider
  • Veteran Members
  • 13,325 posts

Derek Carr attempted two passes beyond 10 yards on Sunday, the lowest in the NFL this season for min 20 pass attempts.

#ZeroConfidence

DpgKr92UcAAFeRZ?format=jpg

Don’t think we draft a QB in the first this year but keep an eye on Justin Herbert from Oregon. As long as we pick before NYG, he’ll definitey be considered. 

I don’t know what you are trying to prove? Carr was trash the first 8-9 games last year, like literally Bottom 3 QB levels of trash. Myself and all others had every right to trash him for his extremely poor play and call out Carr trolls like yourself who never has him taking any shred of accountability. It was excuses across the board, always. 

Yes, with his second year in Grudens system, and a Top 3 Pass Protection, he looks great. And I’m very thankful for that. Just like everyone else I root on 53 guys, prop players up doing well, and criticize players not doing well and talk about upgrades among all positions. I’m glad Carr has turned it around so far and we probably don’t have to use a draft pick on a QB. That’s a very good development.