The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Calling him a punk is kind of stupid, he doesn't play like a punk when healthy and on the field.

I’m a Stanford guy and a huge luck fan but the way he left was kinda shady. I respect his decision but he left Indy right before the season and i expected more from him especially after huge paydays. But if you’re  hurt you’re hurt so safety first

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No way this could happen, but a guy can dream right....

Funny, I was thinking to myself yestrday the Pats might try and prise him out of retirement to take over from Brady......... That would be horrific of course!!! 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m a Stanford guy and a huge luck fan but the way he left was kinda shady. I respect his decision but he left Indy right before the season and i expected more from him especially after huge paydays. But if you’re  hurt you’re hurt so safety first

I use to live in Bloomington IN and I was a little angry how he left.  Then it was reported that he was going to still get all of his money.  My first thought was here is his opportunity to make this into a positive.  He did not have to give it all away but if he would have thanked Irsay and taken a couple million and started a charitable foundation in the Indianapolis area he would have been seen as royalty instead of someone who turned his back on the fans.  I understand the injuries and not having your heart in it but to people who struggle to survive in that area the Colts and Pacers are their release and he was a millionaire that just took a dump on them because he felt like it.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Luck body is broke down and is a punk for giving up on his team. People always think the grass is greener 

He's a punk because his body broker down and he retired... maybe rethink your position on that.

Regardless, Carr couldn't hold Luck's jock even when he was playing hurt. The grass is very much greener with Luck as any teams QB. Guy is a warrior.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He's a punk because his body broker down and he retired... maybe rethink your position on that.

Regardless, Carr couldn't hold Luck's jock even when he was playing hurt. The grass is very much greener with Luck as any teams QB. Guy is a warrior.

I’m a Carr supporter and I’d be 100% willing to dump him in favor of Luck. He’s exactly the guy fans want Carr to be. Either way though this will never happen. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I use to live in Bloomington IN and I was a little angry how he left.  Then it was reported that he was going to still get all of his money.  My first thought was here is his opportunity to make this into a positive.  He did not have to give it all away but if he would have thanked Irsay and taken a couple million and started a charitable foundation in the Indianapolis area he would have been seen as royalty instead of someone who turned his back on the fans.  I understand the injuries and not having your heart in it but to people who struggle to survive in that area the Colts and Pacers are their release and he was a millionaire that just took a dump on them because he felt like it.

If it was Luck on the Raiders and he was broken down I wouldn’t even be mad. Same time I can’t tell other fans how to feel 

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Luck plays the complete opposite as Carr. Not afraid to take hits and embraces it. Gets up and even jokes with the guy who hit him “nice hard hit brother”. 

Luck also isn’t afraid of tight windows or throwing deep, that’s for dang sure. 

Luck did more with less at WR than a lot of QBs. Outside Hilton who was hot and cold with injuries, who'd he have. Yet he was among the top gunslingers in the game. Game was better with him playing, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I remember in 2016 very freshly. Everyone in this sub, like 90%, thought Carr had surpassed Luck. Carr was like 7-8 in most rankings while Luck was having a couple bad years and maybe 8-9 range. But Luck had the worst OLine in football, terrible WR core, and bad offensive coaches. Luck on our team in 2016 probably breaks records. 

Luck is a punk? That whole perspective is wack. Dude was a straight warrior, and played the game the way its supposed to be played, never complained and always played his *** off. His body broke down after years of punishment, and he made the decision for himself and his family. So many "'fans" lose sight that these guys are human beings and that they have a life after football. They are fans of these players until it is no longer convenient for them. They lay their bodies on the line every week, then fans turn their backs on them as soon as they change uniforms or in this case retire. Salute to Luck for doing what was right for his family.  

• Like 1