The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

If it was Luck on the Raiders and he was broken down I wouldn’t even be mad. Same time I can’t tell other fans how to feel 

I was not angry that he left.  It was how and when it happened.  I can just let it go and not bother me but there are people out there that sports play a big role in their lives.  I felt bad for Colts fans because I have seen how many live in that region.  For some sports might be their only release.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was not angry that he left.  It was how and when it happened.  I can just let it go and not bother me but there are people out there that sports play a big role in their lives.  I felt bad for Colts fans because I have seen how many live in that region.  For some sports might be their only release.

he waited as long as he could to rehab his injuries and wasnt getting better, he gave his all to Indy. Holding his decision against him is selfish. His teammates seem to be good with his decision, that should tell us all about how Luck went about handling it. 

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

he waited as long as he could to rehab his injuries and wasnt getting better, he gave his all to Indy. Holding his decision against him is selfish. His teammates seem to be good with his decision, that should tell us all about how Luck went about handling it. 

Ehhh you gotta tell FO before the draft IMO. Never seen anything like that before. I saw multiple reports Luck knew for months. My theory is Irsay wanted to sell as many season tickets as he could, because he could care less about his fans. 

• Like 1

at 6-6, who other than Jacobs, who do we think other teams specifically game plan for?

No one on our D scares anyone, so Os are allowed to play to their strength. 
On O, it is clear, if you stop Jacobs you can stall the raiders.

People say, if you give qbs all the necessities anyone will look good.. but look at Dak last night, has a top RB, top Oline, two top 20(ish?) WRs. And still struggles.  

Carr has shown he cannot win on his own / elevate Wrs to the next level. . . IMO there are 3 or 4 QBs in the league that can do this.

Carr has also shown he can be efficient with the football. He was number 1 passer on 3rd down (before last two weeks, im sure its gone down).
The problem is, is that our team as a whole is not talented enough / good enough to over come penalties.. and we create a ton of them.

On 3rd and less than 5, Carr has been money.

On 3rd and 8+ Carr struggles, teams bring the heat and Carr locks in to his go to guy or first read it seems. IT works once in awhile, but if you have to continually get 8+ teams figure out who you are targeting.

--

all this to say, we are still 6-6 on a year many thought we would be 5 wins max. Carr is a lot of the reason for the wins, and a lot of the reasons for the losses.
IF you want to move on from him fine, but you better be sure you are getting a QB who can at least match the play of Carr. Which is easier said than done. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

at 6-6, who other than Jacobs, who do we think other teams specifically game plan for?

No one on our D scares anyone, so Os are allowed to play to their strength. 
On O, it is clear, if you stop Jacobs you can stall the raiders.

People say, if you give qbs all the necessities anyone will look good.. but look at Dak last night, has a top RB, top Oline, two top 20(ish?) WRs. And still struggles.  

Carr has shown he cannot win on his own / elevate Wrs to the next level. . . IMO there are 3 or 4 QBs in the league that can do this.

Carr has also shown he can be efficient with the football. He was number 1 passer on 3rd down (before last two weeks, im sure its gone down).
The problem is, is that our team as a whole is not talented enough / good enough to over come penalties.. and we create a ton of them.

On 3rd and less than 5, Carr has been money.

On 3rd and 8+ Carr struggles, teams bring the heat and Carr locks in to his go to guy or first read it seems. IT works once in awhile, but if you have to continually get 8+ teams figure out who you are targeting.

--

all this to say, we are still 6-6 on a year many thought we would be 5 wins max. Carr is a lot of the reason for the wins, and a lot of the reasons for the losses.
IF you want to move on from him fine, but you better be sure you are getting a QB who can at least match the play of Carr. Which is easier said than done. 

Im pretty sure Kizer can dink and dunk as well as Carr with the added ability to know when to use his legs and play with more toughness.  

Just now, raidr4life said:

Im pretty sure Kizer can dink and dunk as well as Carr with the added ability to know when to use his legs and play with more toughness.  

People keep bringing up toughness, which is odd because Carr is a pretty tough dude. Now if we’re talking mental toughness I’d agree he’s pretty bad, but I’m not sure Kizer is better especially with what Mayock said about how he seems to play poorly when he gets behind. At this point i can’t say that Kizer is a better option. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

People keep bringing up toughness, which is odd because Carr is a pretty tough dude. Now if we’re talking mental toughness I’d agree he’s pretty bad, but I’m not sure Kizer is better especially with what Mayock said about how he seems to play poorly when he gets behind. At this point i can’t say that Kizer is a better option. 

I just think Kizer can grow under Gruden, Carr is what he is everything needs to be perfect for him to succeed, it will never be. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Carr slides at the 10 yard line if the above play was him, probably doesn't even take the running lane.

You know the coaching staff tells him not to do that right? Which makes sense because they don’t want him to open himself up to injury because after him the starter would be Glennon. Also with his injury history they don’t want him to risk it I’m sure. 

On 12/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, drfrey13 said:

Even if he was hurt and couldn’t play this year, he could have be there on the sidelines. He was the franchise, a leader and you known the morale dropped when he retired right before the season. Luck was born a millionaire, and felt entitled to make that type of decision. I hate how people kiss up to athletes, and act like they are slaves. Slaves weren’t getting paid millions to play a kids sport. All this talk of Luck being a hero because he walked away is hogwash. He gave up on the team right before the season

49 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

You know the coaching staff tells him not to do that right? Which makes sense because they don’t want him to open himself up to injury because after him the starter would be Glennon. Also with his injury history they don’t want him to risk it I’m sure. 

Literally no QB is out there on the field thinking I'm not going to take this running lane and fight for this first down because i might get hurt and the coaches told me to, except maybe Carr. If you want it, you want it Carr doesn't. Coaches be damned that in itself the treating Carr like a porcelain doll.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Even if he was hurt and couldn’t play this year, he could have be there on the sidelines. He was the franchise, a leader and you known the morale dropped when he retired right before the season. Luck was born a millionaire, and felt entitled to make that type of decision. I hate how people kiss up to athletes, and act like they are slaves. Slaves weren’t getting paid millions to play a kids sport. All this talk of Luck being a hero because he walked away is hogwash. He gave up on the team right before the season

I'd argue knowing his body and his heart wasn't in it anymore retiring because he wants to makes him not a slave.