The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I hope Tua is there, so when we pass on him, I can ask you what happened? 

I get your not happy with Carr, and that is fine you are entitled to that. But stop projecting your dislike for Carr into that the Raiders don't like Carr. You are in denial. Gruden and Mayock love the guy.

Of course they love Carr, that is clear and rightfully so as anyone who understands football knows Carr is not the issue.   You're also right that if Tua is there Mayock will pass and rightfully so. 

Tua has bust written all over him.  It's so obvious it's not funny.    

We can blame AB all we want, and I'll agree, it had a negative effect on this team and we probably win the Houston game with him, but you can't possibly tell me that Carr wouldn't miss on or avoid taking chances throwing to him from time to time. Coop isn't quite on AB's level but there were numerous times where Carr would go quarters without even looking his way. I appreciate the fact that he's spreading the ball around and if it leads to points, I'm good with it. If you are unable to move the ball and not getting you're best playmakers involved, that's a problem. If you watch the video, it's not like it's a play here and there where he missed wide open receivers, it's several different instances and the receivers are right in front of him. He's afraid to throw into tight windows and allow his playmakers to make plays 

• Like 1

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/glossary

What is Next Gen Stats?

NFL player tracking, also known as Next Gen Stats, is the capture of real time location data, speed and acceleration for every player, every play on every inch of the field. Sensors throughout the stadium track tags placed on players' shoulder pads, charting individual movements within inches.

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I hope Tua is there, so when we pass on him, I can ask you what happened? 

I get your not happy with Carr, and that is fine you are entitled to that. But stop projecting your dislike for Carr into that the Raiders don't like Carr. You are in denial. Gruden and Mayock love the guy.

They are not passing Tua. Unfortunately Tua won’t make it past Miami at 5 or so. 

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again I want people to list building block QB's who are better than Carr.  I am fascinated to see who fans think are better building block QB's than Carr.  

- Russell Wilson

- Pat Mahomes

- Deshaun Watson

- Lamar Jackson (but less confident in that one)

Everybody else hasn't shown me they'll end up better than Carr.

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This. It's so funny. Our WR group is trash. Let's be honest with ourselves. It's garbage. 

Renfrow was our only reliable WR and he's out. He is a gem, but would only be a #3 on a good team.

It would actually be an easier fix if they were good and Carr was trash. 

It's actually not. Williams is a good #2. Renfro is going to be a heck of a slot. Zay Jones can play and is getting open but Carr flat doesn't look at him often. 

They lack a speed element to bring it together. It's not a bad unit, they can only do so much with a conservative QB who doesn't give them chances.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They are not passing Tua. Unfortunately Tua won’t make it past Miami at 5 or so. 

Its tbe same thing you said last year. "If murray was there we would have drafted him" its pure speculation and project on your behalf. There is no evidence that supports this and mile of evidence that opposes it. 

Carr is involved in personnel decisions, play design, game planning. He's the franchise QB. He is Gruden's guy. As a fan you are allowed to be critical and not like the guy. But if your expectations is that The Raiders are moving on from Carr in the near future you are so very much setting yourself up to be disappointed year after year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's actually not. Williams is a good #2. Renfro is going to be a heck of a slot. Zay Jones can play and is getting open but Carr flat doesn't look at him often. 

They lack a speed element to bring it together. It's not a bad unit, they can only do so much with a conservative QB who doesn't give them chances.

I agree with your overall assessment.

Carr HATES turning the ball over. Maybe to a fault by being to conservative, but I think thats who he is. I also don't think there is ANY Chemistry between Carr and the WR. I hope we add Lamb or Ruggs to the WR corps and let the Chemistry grow with Williams, Renefrow and Jones. That's a competent group with no excuses. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

- Russell Wilson

- Pat Mahomes

- Deshaun Watson

You clearly get it too.  You're right and there are a few fringe guys I'd lump up there with Carr but they clearly have questions.  Jackson is having a heck of a season but is one injury away from being a below average qb. 

Instead of homers cherry picking videos where Carr makes mistakes they need to look at the big picture, which is exactly this and why the Raiders are not moving on from Carr.

I also must say that Russell Wilson is the best QB in football.  Elusive, quick, great arm and touch and most importantly very smart.  I love watching him play.  The guy is a stud who doesn't get the love he deserves.  Everyone wants to focus on flash in the pan QB's like Jackson but Wilson is like Apple stock.  The guy just preforms at a high level week in and week out.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I agree with your overall assessment.

Carr HATES turning the ball over. Maybe to a fault by being to conservative, but I think thats who he is. I also don't think there is ANY Chemistry between Carr and the WR. I hope we add Lamb or Ruggs to the WR corps and let the Chemistry grow with Williams, Renefrow and Jones. That's a competent group with no excuses. 

You can't build chemistry if the QB stops trusting you and won't give you a chance. Look at Cooper. Carr just stopped throwing him the ball and you could read his body language eventually. 

I'm scared of adding a high end WR, because I don't think Carr is functional enough to get it to him consistently. I said this when they traded for AB. I hated the fit because Carr was eventually going to piss him off playing conservatively and not getting him the ball.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You can't build chemistry if the QB stops trusting you and won't give you a chance. Look at Cooper. Carr just stopped throwing him the ball and you could read his body language eventually. 

I'm scared of adding a high end WR, because I don't think Carr is functional enough to get it to him consistently. I said this when they traded for AB. I hated the fit because Carr was eventually going to piss him off playing conservatively and not getting him the ball.

I get that sentiment but if they get a high end WR and decide to move on from Carr the team as a whole gets better. Let another guy step in with the accumulated talent Mayock has brought in and take this team where it should go a la KC. 

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Its tbe same thing you said last year. "If murray was there we would have drafted him" its pure speculation and project on your behalf. There is no evidence that supports this and mile of evidence that opposes it. 

Where is the miles of evidence to support this? All I've hear all offseason was Gruden liking Murray. You listen to his comments about certain QBs and you get the sense of the type QB he likes. 

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Carr is involved in personnel decisions, play design, game planning. He's the franchise QB. He is Gruden's guy. As a fan you are allowed to be critical and not like the guy. But if your expectations is that The Raiders are moving on from Carr in the near future you are so very much setting yourself up to be disappointed year after year.

Again, how do you make all these claims? I don't think you can predict what Gruden would do if a guy he really liked fell to him. 

Gruden and Mayock can LOVE Carr and still not believe he's the long term answer. Those 2 things don't have to go hand in hand.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

- Russell Wilson

- Pat Mahomes

- Deshaun Watson

Carr is no longer a building block he's a place holder, and how about we list all the QB's that are playing better than him right now.