The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

LOL dude I'm done, I was 100% sure you were going to say the rankings are garbage now that it doesn't fit your narrative.

My original post states that I am just showing the opinion of posters on this site.  I also state that i understand that these are their opinions and do not necessarily agree with them.  My opinion of Carr is that he deserves another year to show a certain amount of improvement to prove himself because he was handicapped with systems and talent around him.  Now for the other site with the overall rankings the averages are garbage.  Do you really think every QB in the league is average or above.  That is stupid and impossible.  So go ahead and think what you will but before you start talking about average at least gain some understanding of what the words mean.  32 starting QBs in the league you can not have 4 below average,  9 average, and 15 above average.

No offense but try to keep straight what I was talking about.  I was using posters on Football's Future as an example and not that site.  If I saw what the sites rankings were I would have posted that their average rankings were garbage but maybe a good tool for us to make our own rankings.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

My original post states that I am just showing the opinion of posters on this site.  I also state that i understand that these are their opinions and do not necessarily agree with them.  My opinion of Carr is that he deserves another year to show a certain amount of improvement to prove himself because he was handicapped with systems and talent around him.  Now for the other site with the overall rankings the averages are garbage.  Do you really think every QB in the league is average or above.  That is stupid and impossible.  So go ahead and think what you will but before you start talking about average at least gain some understanding of what the words mean.  32 starting QBs in the league you can not have 4 below average,  9 average, and 15 above average.

No offense but try to keep straight what I was talking about.  I was using posters on Football's Future as an example and not that site.  If I saw what the sites rankings were I would have posted that their average rankings were garbage but maybe a good tool for us to make our own rankings.

Now I am not saying perceptions can't change, he can not get better, or even these guys are correct but the NFL Comp board has a thread rating QBs.  Not a single person rate Carr outside of average.  Just some perspective how one group outside the Raiders views our QB.

Call it what you want bad info on your part then you posted it, but you certainly were in agreement when you thought the data showed Carr was rated average because of 6 people opinion not realizing there was a bigger consensus, but now it's garbage.

200.webp?cid=790b76115cf6c28135626e72734

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Call it what you want bad info on your part then you posted it, but you certainly were in agreement when you thought the data showed Carr was rated average because of 6 people opinion not realizing there was a bigger consensus, but now it's garbage.

200.webp?cid=790b76115cf6c28135626e72734

Now I am not saying perceptions can't change, he can not get better, or even these guys are correct but the NFL Comp board has a thread rating QBs.  Not a single person rate Carr outside of average.  Just some perspective how one group outside the Raiders views our QB.

Now re-read the bold part again.  Also focus on the part that you bolded that says "one group outside the Raiders".  So yes the 6 people in the NFL Comp Forum that are not Raiders fans.  I do not have an agenda outside of adding new information to this thread.  I am trying not to argue for the sake of arguing so I will end this right here for me.  Feel free to have the last word because I will not respond but will read it and take it into consideration.

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

I believe he is going to take the next step this year.  It's going to be glorious.  I feel like we equipped him with all the tools he will need.  The only negative on offense is T. Cable as our OL coach.  If we stay relatively healthy on offense, he's going to have a great season.

I do as well but Carr still had uphill battle with the constant changing of offenses.

• Like 4

Carr is my QB for a few more years unless he regresses further than last season, which I don't see happening. I don't see more wins so next off-season will probably sound the same with rumors and such but he will have good stats and probably get sacked because Cable isn't what we need. I honestly think Jon is waiting for his brother and Bill C. 

Carr has 4 seasons under contract with base salary being under 20 mil for any team adding him. 20 mil is a HUGE BARGAIN with yet another QB (Wentz) getting PAID over 30 mil per. If I was a team that was a QB away and the Raiders have a shot at a rookie QB next season. I'd offer a 1st for Carr in a flash. Imagine if it's the Bears LOLOLOLOL 

I get its the offseason and we are bored.

But this is just a waste if breath and time. 

I will tell you all the fact. 

DEREK CARR IS THE RAIDERS QB. HE WILL REMAIN THE RAIDERS QB UNTIL GRUDEN OR CARR RETIRES.

Move on Carr haters hes your QB. FOR-EV-ER

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I get its the offseason and we are bored.

But this is just a waste if breath and time. 

I will tell you all the fact. 

DEREK CARR IS THE RAIDERS QB. HE WILL REMAIN THE RAIDERS QB UNTIL GRUDEN OR CARR RETIRES.

Move on Carr haters hes your QB. FOR-EV-ER

It is only a waste if you get nothing from it.  Even if you just enjoy a little debate.  I could just as easily say we have less of a chance of winning the Super Bowl than we do of getting rid of Carr so we should not even watch football this year.  Even though we know the chances of getting what we want are very small we still enjoy the entertainment value.  If not why am I talking football in June and not getting paid for it?

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is only a waste if you get nothing from it.  Even if you just enjoy a little debate.  I could just as easily say we have less of a chance of winning the Super Bowl than we do of getting rid of Carr so we should not even watch football this year.  Even though we know the chances of getting what we want are very small we still enjoy the entertainment value.  If not why am I talking football in June and not getting paid for it?

Yeah but you sound stupid. Maybe that doesn't matter for you. But its just absolutely silly that people think we will move on from Carr. We found a franchise QB its stupid to move on from him

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Yeah but you sound stupid. Maybe that doesn't matter for you. But its just absolutely silly that people think we will move on from Carr. We found a franchise QB its stupid to move on from him

I do not think anyone has said move on from him.  I think everyone including yourself has a limit to what your are expecting from him that if  he does not reach you think we should move on from him.  Everyone wants to see how he does this next year before passing judgement on him.  At the end of the year I was so fed up that I would have been willing to get rid of him right away for not very much.  Now with the help of healthy debate I believe most of us have found a middle ground with varying degrees of expectations.  I think if anyone believes that we stick with Carr no matter he does this next year is not seeing this from a practical perspective.  From what I have read and believe this is a make or break year for Carr.

Still don't understand the Carr hate. Our receivers and run game were a joke last year, the o-line was pretty bad, and Gruden has a notoriously difficult scheme. 

I get it, Carr wasn't very good last year. Nobody on this team was though, if we're being totally fair and objective. I don't see anything that indicates Carr can't return to 2015-2016 form, which I'd be absolutely glad to have. 

If he's still playing well below expectation with better weapons and a 2nd year in the offense, then sure, maybe we have a problem. But for now, I see nothing to indicate he doesn't deserve a shot. The thing is, we've all seen him really ball out. I'd rather take that then the unknown. For his generation, sure, he'll probably not be in the same echelon as Wentz, Goff, etc. But I think he can be good enough to fall into the Carson Palmer type, who overall, was good enough to have won a SB or two in the right situation. Hall of Famer? Stat monster? Probably not. But good enough to take the team where we haven't been in a long time. If he fails miserably, ok, we move on. But man, I've seen some real hate on the guy (on here, on the radio, etc.) that really goes undeserved. The way the radio down here in New Orleans talks about him, you'd think he was Trent Dilfer or Ryan Lindley. 

10 hours ago, Tamar Raider said:

This year will be make or break for him, he has the tools and the O-Line now and should know the scheme inside out, if not our 1st pick next year will be our QB of the future, but I have a sneaking suspicion we will get the 15-16 Carr back this season.

I want 2016 turnover differential.  That was a huge factor in our success that year.

2014:  3-13 (-15)

2015: 7-9 (1)

2016: 12-4 (16)  As soon as Carr went down we went 0-2 at a -5 differential.

2017: 6-10 (-14)

2018: 4-12 (-7)

If we can get this going again then we can start winning some games.