The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The forum usually sits around 50/50 on Carr and like 75/25 after a bad game but right now it’s like 95/5 with Humble being the only defender. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.... smoke getting pretty thickkkk. 

Humble, Me, Tamar and Frankie.  LOL I understand the rest changing as Carr looked BAD yesterday. He is our QB and if anybody backed Russell or Pryor then Carr has given us more than both of those two guys put together. So he's a SF Alex Smith (pre-Harbaugh) not a KC Alex Smith. Well coaching had a lot to do with that. A LOT

Gruden will trade Carr because it makes GRUDEN look like he can't coach. Too much EGO and time in the box.

Edited by G

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr has no choice but to dink and dunk.  Would you rather dink and dunk or have him force the ball and turn it over?  Those are his options.  Now I will admit that an accurate, mobile QB that can extend plays with his legs would extend plays longer than Carr but once again he would have no weapons to throw too.  

64% of his passes yesterday were 5 yards or shorter. Nelson and Williams are two of the best deep threat WR's in the league when they have a QB that can throw downfield. Unfortunately, Carr is not that guy. 

Tyrell needs a QB like he had in Rivers, aggressive medium and deep. Tyrells specialty and overall hot spots. Medium-Sideline and Deep-Middle. He’s not a short route WR. 

Speaking of Rivers, that dude takes shots on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 15, etc all the time and converts constantly. RARELY will you see him do a screen on 3rd and long even if the screen is open. Rivers plays hard and tries anything to keep the drive alive.

Carr on 3rd and 10? First read hes gonna make? “Is Waller open for 3 yards? HE IS!!! Let me hit that real quick!” WTF man. All the time. 

• Like 1

ive been a Carr supporter since he came into the league, and finally ****ted on him pretty good after yesterday. i dont think hes terrible, but after yesterday it just clicked, that he isnt gonna be that top tier guy that some thought he could be. IMO he is who he is, skittish in the pocket, with the tools to make plays but gets in his own way, way too often. I think he could be good in the perfect situation like 2016, but isnt going to elevate a team to the next level. He isnt terrible, more middle of the road with games where hes pretty good and games where hes pretty bad. Honestly, with how our roster is constructed i wouldnt mind another off season of roster building before we go out and look for our QBOTF.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tyrell needs a QB like he had in Rivers, aggressive medium and deep. Tyrells specialty and overall hot spots. Medium-Sideline and Deep-Middle. He’s not a short route WR. 

Speaking of Rivers, that dude takes shots on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 15, etc all the time and converts constantly. RARELY will you see him do a screen on 3rd and long even if the screen is open. Rivers plays hard and tries anything to keep the drive alive.

Carr on 3rd and 10? First read hes gonna make? “Is Waller open for 3 yards? HE IS!!! Let me hit that real quick!” WTF man. All the time. 

cant stand Rivers but have to respect him, dude plays with fire. 

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

In Carr's defense, he's in the 2nd year in the same system but all his targets are new. So there's that i guess...

Like I said before, all 32 QBs in the league will have 1-2 valid reasons for sucking every year. Nothings perfect. You can give Carr a new excuse every year that sounds justified every year for 20 years if you want. 

He’s on year six.... time to go. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Frankie2Gunz and @Humble_Beast the last remaining Carr diehards. Even the other two have converted. 

Frankie is patiently waiting for a great Carr game. Sure... Out of the 13 games remaining, Carr will probably have two great games this year, two good ones, three average ones, and six abysmal ones like the last two weeks. 

I'm not waiting for a great game, I don't think there will be many but it's not Carr's fault.  

He is a pocket passer with limited mobility and has a bottom of the league supporting cast on both sides of the ball.  Not many pocket passers would flourish with the supporting cast Carr has.  

Our D is atrocious and playing with a good D makes terrible Qb's appear to be average (Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Trashbinski and Kap).  Our WR's are garbage minus Williams who I like but he is not a number 1 which we have him playing as.

The biggest issues holding Carr back is that he is always playing from behind, except in the Denver game in which he looked good.  We were able to establish a running game that they couldn't shut down and that opened up the playbook.  The D was somehow able to harass Flacco that game and he looked terrible bc of the pressure.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

Like I said before, all 32 QBs in the league will have 1-2 valid reasons for sucking every year. Nothings perfect. You can give Carr a new excuse every year that sounds justified every year for 20 years if you want. 

I am telling you that if he gets traded to a team with weapons and a good D he will ball out and make all of you look foolish.  

The Raiders are a dumpster fire of an organization and have been for 20 years.  Until they can surround a QB with the proper talent very few QB's will come here and be successful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am telling you that if he gets traded to a team with weapons and a good D he will ball out and make all of you look foolish.  

The Raiders are a dumpster fire of an organization and have been for 20 years.  Until they can surround a QB with the proper talent very few QB's will come here and be successful. 

If he goes to a team with a Top 3 Pass Protection and a High-End #1 and High-End #2, sure. He’ll put together some solid seasons because it masks his flaws. He’s not a franchise QB and franchise QBs don’t need that. 

Top 3 Pass Pro, and High End #1/#2 is also not realistic long term and not sustainable. If you need those to be successful, like he had in 2015-2016, you are not a good QB. 

You also have to be able to elude sacks in this league. I’m not talking about mobility, I’m talking about dodging sacks or shrugging off defenders. Carr is equivalent to Jay Cutler in this skillset. Brady and Brees are way better at eluding defenders than Derek Carr. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don't worry, it was meant to be an excuse. Just an observation.

Just now, BayRaider said:

If he goes to a team with a Top 3 Pass Protection and a High-End #1 and High-End #2, sure. He’ll put together some solid seasons because it masks his flaws. He’s not a franchise QB and franchise QBs don’t need that. 

Top 3 Pass Pro, and High End #1/#2 is also not realistic long term and not sustainable. If you need those to be successful, like he had in 2015-2016, you are not a good QB. 

You also have to be able to elude sacks in this league. I’m not talking about mobility, I’m talking about dodging sacks or shrugging off defenders. Carr is equivalent to Jay Cutler in this skillset. Brady and Brees are way better at eluding defenders than Derek Carr. 

More importantly than all of the nonsense you mentioned is playing with a good D.  Give Carr a good D, a D that can rush the passer and keep games close and he will look good.  

You guys clearly have no concept of how the NFL works and playing behind a good D is a QBs best friend.  Look what it did for Trashbinski last year, there were homers on here trying to convince me the guy is a good QB. 

The Raiders D is amongst the worst and they cant keep points from being scored in bunches.  That alone severely hampers the O and limits the playbook bc they have to abandon the running game.  

It's honestly sad to watch year after year but until the D can stop someone it will be the same old song and dance.

Trade Carr to the Bears and you'll see them in the Super Bowl.