The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I’m a big Carr supporter but I think we should start looking for a QB in the future, unless he turns around this year.

For all the reasons I mentioned he wont.  The support isn't there for him to be a success.  Most importantly our D is terrible and he is always playing from behind.  

Over the last 2 games Jacobs has averaged 11 carries and 0 TD's.  Some on here will say it's his fault or he is not good which is comical.  It's the fault of our terrible D and anyone who can't recognize that or thinks I'm making excuses is beyond clueless.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

More importantly than all of the nonsense you mentioned is playing with a good D.  Give Carr a good D, a D that can rush the passer and keep games close and he will look good.  

You guys clearly have no concept of how the NFL works and playing behind a good D is a QBs best friend.  Look what it did for Trashbinski last year, there were homers on here trying to convince me the guy is a good QB. 

The Raiders D is amongst the worst and they cant keep points from being scored in bunches.  That alone severely hampers the O and limits the playbook bc they have to abandon the running game.  

It's honestly sad to watch year after year but until the D can stop someone it will be the same old song and dance.

Trade Carr to the Bears and you'll see them in the Super Bowl. 

This is possibly the worst excuse I’ve heard yet about Derek Carr. Literally, LITERALLY grasping at straws. Drew Brees had the #32 defense in the league like 4 years in a row and put up great numbers and no true WRs. Not to mention plenty of other QBs. There is no reason our defense is preventing Carr from putting up respectable numbers. Just stop it with this lame excuse, like I said it literally is the worst one yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is possibly the worst excuse I’ve heard yet about Derek Carr. Literally, LITERALLY grasping at straws. Drew Brees had the #32 defense in the league like 4 years in a row and put up great numbers and no true WRs. Not to mention plenty of other QBs. There is no reason our defense is preventing Carr from putting up respectable numbers. Just stop it with this lame excuse, like I said it literally is the worst one yet. 

You clearly know nothing about football.  

Drew Brees had a bad D but a fantastic supporting cast on O allowing him to put up big time stats throughout his career.  How many games did they win that year?  7?  He also threw the ball 630 times in 2015... Brees is a HOF QB and one of the best of all time.  I am by no means saying Carr is Brees or that Carr could have did what Brees accomplished.  What I am saying is that if you put Brees on the Raiders last year his numbers would have been comparable to Carr. 

Ingram, Colston, Cooks, I think Graham was still there too were all stellar weapons.  A top 3 Oline to protect him too... Come on man. 

Carr has never had any supporting cast on O and has always played behind terrible, bottom of the league D's.  

So you're saying that playing from behind every game has nothing to do with Carr's issues and having a terrible O has nothing to do with Carr's issues?  That is a joke right.  It's all on Carr SMH

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

You clearly know nothing about football.  

Drew Brees had a bad D but a fantastic supporting cast on O allowing him to put up big time stats.  How many games did they win that year?  7?

Ingram, Colston, Cooks, I think Graham was still there too were all stellar weapons.  A top 3 Oline to protect him too... Come on man. 

Carr has never had any supporting cast on O and has always played behind terrible, bottom of the league D's.  

So you're saying that playing from behind every game has nothing to do with Carr's issues and having a terrible O has nothing to do with Carr's issues?  That is a joke right.  It's all on Carr SMH

I’m saying you are completely blowing it out of proportion and grasping at straws. Can it effect a QB? Sure. Will it make him a Bottom 3 QB in the league? No. That’s because Derek Carr sucks. Before Graham and Cooks, Brees only had Colston who is a very very low-end WR1. Had the #32 D and still looked like a Hall of Famer. Same thing with plenty of other QBs with terrible defenses. You will always make excuses for Carr unless that dude has a great #1, great #2, Top 5 Pass Pro, and Top 10 Defense. And let me tell you, maybe one or two QBs in the league have that situation every year.

Stop. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m saying you are completely blowing it out of proportion and grasping at straws. Can it effect a QB? Sure. Will it make him a Bottom 3 QB in the league? No. That’s because Derek Carr sucks. Before Graham and Cooks, Brees only had Colston who is a very very low-end WR1. Had the #32 D and still looked like a Hall of Famer. Same thing with plenty of other QBs with terrible defenses. You will always make excuses for Carr unless that dude has a great #1, great #2, Top 5 Pass Pro, and Top 10 Defense. And let me tell you, maybe one or two QBs in the league have that situation every year.

Stop. 

I disagree.  Put Carr on the 2012/13 49ers and they win a super bowl.  They didn't have a great 1 or 2 WR but had a dominant D and a great Oline that made that bum Kap appear to casual fans as a good QB LOL.  

You're saying Carr is a bottom 3 QB in the NFL.  Who do you rank behind Carr?  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree.  Put Carr on the 2012/13 49ers and they win a super bowl.  They didn't have a great 1 or 2 WR but had a dominant D and a great Oline that made that bum Kap appear to casual fans as a good QB LOL.  

You're saying Carr is a bottom 3 QB in the NFL.  Who do you rank behind Carr?  

I’m saying he’s a Bottom 3 the past two games, which he factually is. He’s in my Bottom 10 overall. 

And why are you using the 49ers as an example? They could win with half the QBs in the league. They had an all-time defense and coach. And I’ll disagree. Carr wouldn’t take the Niners to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith was more efficient that year than Derek Carr any year minus 2016. They were getting it done with Kaepernick because teams didn’t know how to stop him yet. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m saying he’s a Bottom 3 the past two games, which he factually is. He’s in my Bottom 10 overall. 

And why are you using the 49ers as an example? They could win with half the QBs in the league. They had an all-time defense and coach. And I’ll disagree. Carr wouldn’t take the Niners to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith was more efficient that year than Derek Carr any year minus 2016. They were getting it done with Kaepernick because teams didn’t know how to stop him yet. 

I'm using the 9ers bc a team with a good Oline, and an elite D that allowed them to go to a Super Bowl with a bum QB.  You give Carr a D like the 9ers back then or the Bears today and he is a top 10 QB who goes deep into the playoffs.  If that were to happen all of you homers would be saying how great a QB he is when surrounding cast is extremely important for any QB which is a concept you clearly cant understand. 

I'm curious what QB's do you have ranked behind Carr?

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

For all the reasons I mentioned he wont.  The support isn't there for him to be a success.  Most importantly our D is terrible and he is always playing from behind.  

Over the last 2 games Jacobs has averaged 11 carries and 0 TD's.  Some on here will say it's his fault or he is not good which is comical.  It's the fault of our terrible D and anyone who can't recognize that or thinks I'm making excuses is beyond clueless.  

I understand that’s why I said in the future.  I’m talking about a second or third round draft pick two or three years.

Let him sit for another two years and in five years we’l have a new QB who could step right in.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

sadly, at this point, id take Alex Smith(sans injury) at least he improvised and kept plays alive. Carr just dont have it. Honestly, i hope he rips it up this week vs Indy, and i can look back and say i was exaggerating but damn, thats unlikely.

Having one good game doesn't make up for the constant years of sub-par play and losses. He'd have to go on quite the remarkable tear to be a Raider next year imo.

I'm using the 9ers bc a team with a good Oline, and an elite D that allowed them to go to a Super Bowl with a bum QB.  You give Carr a D like the 9ers back then or the Bears today and he is a top 10 QB who goes deep into the playoffs.  If that were to happen all of you homers would be saying how great a QB he is when surrounding cast is extremely important for any QB which is a concept you clearly cant understand. 

I'm curious what QB's do you have ranked behind Carr?

1. 49ers wouldn’t go to the Super Bowl with Carr or Smith. They went with Kaep because the league hadn’t figured him out yet just like RGIII in 2012. 

2. Bears could win the Super Bowl with Mitch, would anyone be saying Mitch is good? God no. Once again, a Top 5 Defense and possibly all time great defense. Keeping Carr and building an all-time great level defense with a offensive coach is your strategy? SMH....

3. If I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, I would take Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Philip Rivers, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Bengals Backup Ryan Finley over Derek Carr, and might I say, easily. 

That’s 24 QBs over Derek Carr I would take if I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, because they are simply better than him. 

Now, before you throw a temper tantrum and say Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Rookies blah blah blah. Cousins and Keenum play in Grudens exact system before and look phenomenal. Keenum has shown with a great offensive mind like Shurmur or Jay Gruden, he can do outstanding. 

As for Rookies, I trust Kylee Murrays physical talent over Derek Carr for one season to try to get me to a Super Bowl, and surprisingly Daniel Jones has looked like Peyton Manning so far. I’ll take a gamble on Jones over Carr. Easy choice too. 

So yeah, 24 QBs over Carr. I’d actually take Titans backup Tannehil over him too, that’s 25. I wouldn’t take Mariota over Carr though. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

sadly, at this point, id take Alex Smith(sans injury) at least he improvised and kept plays alive. Carr just dont have it. Honestly, i hope he rips it up this week vs Indy, and i can look back and say i was exaggerating but damn, thats unlikely.

Carr doesn't use his legs as much as he should, I agree with that.  

I just read our whole LB core is injured and were bringing in scrubs off the streets trying to plug those holes.  If that is the case our D will make Brisket LOL look like Luck back there, which is so pathetic it's beyond sad. 

Carr doesn't use his legs as much as he should, I agree with that.  

I just read our whole LB core is injured and were bringing in scrubs off the streets trying to plug those holes.  If that is the case our D will make Brisket LOL look like Luck back there, which is so pathetic it's beyond sad. 

i mean were carrying like 4 Lbs total smh.

We had a lean roster to begin with, and needed everything to go right. Man, this sucks. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

1. 49ers wouldn’t go to the Super Bowl with Carr or Smith. They went with Kaep because the league hadn’t figured him out yet just like RGIII in 2012. 

2. Bears could win the Super Bowl with Mitch, would anyone be saying Mitch is good? God no. Once again, a Top 5 Defense and possibly all time great defense. Keeping Carr and building an all-time great level defense with a offensive coach is your strategy? SMH....

3. If I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, I would take Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Philip Rivers, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Bengals Backup Ryan Finley over Derek Carr, and might I say, easily. 

That’s 24 QBs over Derek Carr I would take if I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, because they are simply better than him. 

Now, before you throw a temper tantrum and say Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Rookies blah blah blah. Cousins and Keenum play in Grudens exact system before and look phenomenal. Keenum has shown with a great offensive mind like Shurmur or Jay Gruden, he can do outstanding. 

As for Rookies, I trust Kylee Murrays physical talent over Derek Carr for one season to try to get me to a Super Bowl, and surprisingly Daniel Jones has looked like Peyton Manning so far. I’ll take a gamble on Jones over Carr. Easy choice too. 

So yeah, 24 QBs over Carr. I’d actually take Titans backup Tannehil over him too, that’s 25. I wouldn’t take Mariota over Carr though. 

Haha what a complete joke.  I am speechless.  You completely lost me with Daniel Jones comparison to Manning after 1 game. WOW...