The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Arg. Sorry boys, I admit I was over the top yesterday. I was ragging on Carr hard and a lot of it was unwarranted. I'm still freaking frustrated but I was wrong to call him straight up bad. Realistically you could do a lot worse than Carr.

giphy.gif

A night away from football and getting rid of a 10/10 hangover has chilled me out.

He has actually been ok, but those TOs in the redzone are awful and deserve criticism.  You can’t win many games on the road making mistakes like that.  I expect him to make smarter and better plays than that at this point in his career.  To his defense, he has to make plays to keep up with other teams because our defense is pitiful.

• Like 1

Carr is like Jared Goff. Goff is an extension of Sean McVay and can look spectacular and a Top 10 QB. Carr, same thing with Gruden. I think he definitely has the ability to get those Jared Goff type performances out of Carr with his offensive coaching. 

We’ve gotten Carr the Line of all Lines. I feel only the Saints is better. Jacobs is actually the best RB in football according to PFF. Not best rookie, best RB. So we solved that too. He also has a solid TE and solid WR2. We just have to give him another WR1 (or very high end WR2) and see what happens I suppose. 

Trust me, I don’t want to blow a high draft pick on a QB. Defenses and Coaching win championships. QBs and WRs don’t. Yes, you need a solid QB, but you don’t need a ARod/Brady. 

Hopefully Carr does well rest of the year and Zay Jones comes into his own. We need to keep building a bully on defense. 

• Like 2

Just now, SimonGruber said:

If you guys wanna see the toxic Carr debate go on Raider Twitter it’s x 1000 

I refuse to go on social media for sports debates. Which is why I’ve been on this forum since 2005. 

Every single person on this forum, EA included, is 10x smarter than your average social media fan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

If you guys wanna see the toxic Carr debate go on Raider Twitter it’s x 1000 

I still support Carr, but I think at this point we know what he is.  He can look like a star at times and then leaving you wanting more the other 50% of the time.  He isn’t and won’t be a consistent top 15 QB but is better than a good chunk of QBs in the league.  I hope he figures out a way to be more consistent and proves me and others wrong, but I won’t hold my breath.

5 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I still support Carr, but I think at this point we know what he is.  He can look like a star at times and then leaving you wanting more the other 50% of the time.  He isn’t and won’t be a consistent top 15 QB but is better than a good chunk of QBs in the league.  I hope he figures out a way to be more consistent and proves me and others wrong, but I won’t hold my breath.

Yeah Carr will never be a Top QB. We know his flaws (phantom pressure, extreme lack of elusiveness against sacks, one of the worst redzone QBs) and preferred shorter field style of play at this point.

Today I’m in a great mood so made a decent post about him. 

All in all, not my job. If Gruden/Mayock think they can get Goff-performances outta Carr for 2020, let’s roll with him. If they really like a QB in 2020 Draft and they select him, let’s roll with him. I’m on board either way man. 

I trust Mayock/Gruden. At least a lot more than I ever trusted Al Davis. And more than McKenzie. McKenzie’s contract structuring was great but he was an atrocious talent evaluator. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 10/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, OG_C2X said:

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You're nuts. Carr is a top 5 QB under the age of 30 in the NFL. You take the bad with the good from a QB like Carr.

Gruden doesn't take deep shots. He plays a game control offense. Running the ball, with short timing passes and then uses the success of that to set up deep shots off play action. Carr is that QB. He's not going anywhere, get him some guys to throw to outside of 3 TEs and he will ball out.

Top 5 QB under 30???!    Can you honestly say Carr is better than every QB on this list outside 4 of them?

Wentz

Mahomes

Watson

Jackson

Prescott

Allen

Goff

Darnold

Murray

Bridgewater

Minshew

Mayfield

Garropolo 

Brissett

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

What does Carr do better than Watson

He is better presnap then Watson. 

Makes better decisions then Watson.

He has a better combination of accuracy and powrr inside of 20 yards.

He has better Mechanics then Watson.

He has a quicker release then Watson.

So pretty much besides throwing bombs and running around improvising... umm everything.