The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

In a second are you crazy not too.

If you watch any of his games you can see that he has real liabilities.  Don’t just look at the highlight reel.

Carr doesn't have massive flaws to his game? His far outweigh Murray's. Murray is electric with fantastic arm strength, master eluder in the pocket which is a requirement in todays NFL, can run, can throw on the run, absolutely great pocket presence, much better than Carrs. Murray needs to keep learning his playbook, keep working on progressions, and work a little bit on medium accuracy.  But he's just a rookie and gets better literally every game.

Can you imagine if Mayock trades Carr and drafts a QB like Winston, Matoita, Trashbinski, Darnold, Mayfield ect.  Do you have any idea how devastating that is to a franchise being trapped in mediocrity bc your Qb is holding back the team.  Look at the Bears, elite, Super Bowl caliber D who will never win with Trashbinski.

I remember people saying Mayfield was elite after last year.  Comical... 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wentz, Mahomes, Darnold, Watson and Murray I would easily take over Carr as a no brainer decision. So he’s not Top 5 under 30. 

Haha Darnold and Murray as no brainers.  That isn't even funny and I hope you're joking.  

Darnold is a bum and Murray is unproven at best, hasn't looked all that good and you're saying they're no brainers?  Murray just got shut down by a joke of a team the Giants.  Let me guess after week 1 you would have taken "Danny Dimes" over Carr too LOL

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha Darnold and Murray as no brainers.  That isn't even funny and I hope you're joking.  

Darnold is a bum and Murray is unproven at best, hasn't looked all that good and you're saying they're no brainers?  Murray just got shut down by a joke of a team the Giants.  Let me guess after week 1 you would have taken "Danny Dimes" over Carr too LOL

Funny you wait til Darnold plays the best defense we’ve seen since the ‘15 Broncos to post this lol. Good timing. I still take both Darnold and Murray over Carr. 

And nah, I graded Jones as a 4th Rounder pre draft. That GMen dude hates me. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let me guess blah blah blah any way I agree Murray and Darnold are not even close.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr doesn't have massive flaws to his game? His far outweigh Murray's. Murray is electric with fantastic arm strength, master eluder in the pocket which is a requirement in todays NFL, can run, can throw on the run, absolutely great pocket presence, much better than Carrs. Murray needs to keep learning his playbook, keep working on progressions, and work a little bit on medium accuracy.  But he's just a rookie and gets better literally every game.

It's useless to argue with these people, they clearly don't understand a thing about the game they claim to spend so much time watching. 

What get these average fans excited from a QB standpoint is flash with guys who can get around and have glimpses of success bc of their superior athletic ability.  It's like the people who bought BTC at $20K bc it's going to da moon instead of keeping their money safely parked in boring old AAPL.  It's clearly a lack of understanding LOL

Sure it's nice to have elite mobility at first but the second these guys mobility gets compromised and they have to play the Qb position relegated to the pocket 95 percent of them fail.  Jackson and Murray will be the next ones who flame out, if you even want to call them successful to this point in their short careers which is highly debatable.  The second either of them gets a serious knee injury, they lose mobility and are regulated to the pocket they will be below average QB's.  Mark my words and the "elite window" for QB's who get buy on athletic ability is much smaller than a legit top tier pocket passer.  I can assure you Lamar Jackson will never be playing the QB position at 42 years old HAHAHAHA

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Funny you wait til Darnold plays the best defense we’ve seen since the ‘15 Broncos to post this lol. Good timing. I still take both Darnold and Murray over Carr. 

And nah, I graded Jones as a 4th Rounder pre draft. That GMen dude hates me. 

What has you saying Darnold is a no brainer over Carr?  Was it his sub 60 completion percentage from last year or his 17 to 15 TD to Int's, 2800 yrds and 45 QBR?  Sounds like no brainer numbers to me. 

The fact that you think that I called Darnold an at best average QB after watching this Pats game shows you that you are really clueless.  The dude has been a a below average Qb throughout his short career and you think he's better than Carr LOL.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Kinda like how people were saying Carr was elite after his one good season.

1 QB in the history of the NFL had more passing TD's after their first 2 seasons...  Dan Marino.  Carr did all of that with an average supporting cast.

Don't forget Carr's MVP caliber season Carr had in 2016 too.  SMH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Mahommes.

Maybe Wentz or Darnold. 

The rest not a chance I would trade them straight up for Carr. 

I’d switch Watson for Darnold but haven’t seen enough to be honest. Wentz has injury history like Carr, but doesn’t keep the worry of another injury at the forefront of his mind like Carr does. If Carr let’s that go he’ll shine again. You can see it not with the happy feet but going down easy when other QBS might fight longer. Broken finger limiting his game. Broken leg costing him playoffs with his teammates. Broken back and a lost fumble in a season of struggle. New big name/money coach and losing your best friend because of money. Team chemistry/ morale/ many quit on field looking like they’re playing in a pro bowl while other teams compete. As a kid seeing his brother who he loves get crushed season after season and being a bust overall. Derek seems to be an emotional guy and more God loving than we’re use to but he wants to win and I’m glad more here are giving him more of a chance. I hope his brother sees the attitude changing and let’s Derek know that after a loss where the tide turned on a Huge mistake by him that we’re PO’d at first but that we still want him to succeed. Some are motivated differently. I’d prefer a hostile environment because I excell when my teeth, horns and claws come out and want to suck the spirit out of those against me. Lol I don’t think Derek is like that (thank God) as it’s toxic when not working properly. He needs support and a good chewing out with mistakes as he’s tough but needs tough love not toxic venom like many of us can produce. What the Hell is wrong with me? I’m being too positive. Yuck :S