The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You and @Humble_Beast been playing too much Madden.

It’s not likely but it’s all possible, none of the signings or trades are unrealistic. Carr is probably worth a 1st to the Bears. All signs point to Brady being out of NE and not retiring. Like I said, all signs end up being TENN but I actually think Vegas is the second choice here. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s not likely but it’s all possible, none of the signings or trades are unrealistic. Carr is probably worth a 1st to the Bears. All signs point to Brady being out of NE and not retiring. Like I said, all signs end up being TENN but I actually think Vegas is the second choice here. 

Its also possible I get a call from the Raiders to replace Mayock. Not likely but its all possible.

The unrealistic part isn't the compensation. The unrealistic part is trading Carr. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady finishes 2 years somewhere else. It will not be Vegas that has 0% chance of happen due to Davis, Gruden and Mayock LOVING Carr. Carr isn't going anywhere. He is our Guy. Learn to love and embrace him.

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Its also possible I get a call from the Raiders to replace Mayock. Not likely but its all possible.

The unrealistic part isn't the compensation. The unrealistic part is trading Carr. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady finishes 2 years somewhere else. It will not be Vegas that has 0% chance of happen due to Davis, Gruden and Mayock LOVING Carr. Carr isn't going anywhere. He is our Guy. Learn to love and embrace him.

That is unrealistic 100% though. My signings and trades have realism to them, just not likely. Brady would probably end up a Titan or Bill but the Raiders would be enticing with Gruden as coach and our Pass Protection and Jacobs. It’s a way wayyyy better offensive situation than the Titans or Bills. 

Edited by BayRaider

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That is unrealistic 100% though. My signings and trades have realism to them, just not likely. Brady would probably end up a Titan or Bill but the Raiders would be enticing with Gruden as coach and our Pass Protection and Jacobs. It’s a way wayyyy better offensive situation than the Titans or Bills. 

OKAY..... So now there are varying levels of unrealistic. Gotcha, that makes sense. 

Brady will NOT be a Bill. Just spent a 1st on Josh Allen and then are 5-1. I know California got some good weed man but shiiiiiiiit. Brady is more likely to go to Tampa or Denver than Buffalo or Vegas. Carr is literally brought in by Mayock and Gruden on personnel moves on the Offensive side of the ball. Like HOW BLIND do you have to be to not see that Carr, Gruden and Mayock are virtually married.

I told you all offseason, the Raiders have no interest in a QB. They didn't draft one. Not in ANY round. Because Carr is Gruden's guy. He brings in capable backups like Kizer, Peterson and Glennon due to Carrs injury history, for insurance. Not to create Competition. 

I don't want to hear about how if Kyler fell Gruden would have picked him, like shhhh let it die my guy. I know Gruden liked Daniel Jones more then he liked Kyler Murray in the draft process as a prospect and that's a fact, take it or leave it.  

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

OKAY..... So now there are varying levels of unrealistic. Gotcha, that makes sense. 

Brady will NOT be a Bill. Just spent a 1st on Josh Allen and then are 5-1. I know California got some good weed man but shiiiiiiiit. Brady is more likely to go to Tampa or Denver than Buffalo or Vegas. Carr is literally brought in by Mayock and Gruden on personnel moves on the Offensive side of the ball. Like HOW BLIND do you have to be to not see that Carr, Gruden and Mayock are virtually married.

I told you all offseason, the Raiders have no interest in a QB. They didn't draft one. Not in ANY round. Because Carr is Gruden's guy. He brings in capable backups like Kizer, Peterson and Glennon due to Carrs injury history, for insurance. Not to create Competition. 

I don't want to hear about how if Kyler fell Gruden would have picked him, like shhhh let it die my guy. I know Gruden liked Daniel Jones more then he liked Kyler Murray in the draft process as a prospect and that's a fact, take it or leave it.  

And how do you know that about Jones? 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Just a hunch lol

I saw your pre-edit and will take your word for it. 

But I also don’t think Mayock-Gruden-Carr are married as you suggest. At best it’s an extremely rocky engagement with a cheap ring. 

Edited by BayRaider

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But I also don’t think Mayock-Gruden-Carr are married as you suggest. At best it’s an extremely rocky engagement with a cheap ring. 

Gruden didn’t go to Jared or Zales... he went to Kmart

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah and with Gruden's track record with players pre Gruden I get the speculation. But he took the Raiders job not because of the money or the power he would have. He took the job for Carr. Now the marriage is definitely my opinion and speculation. But I feel pretty good about 

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Yeah and with Gruden's track record with players pre Gruden I get the speculation. But he took the Raiders job not because of the money or the power he would have. He took the job for Carr. Now the marriage is definitely my opinion and speculation. But I feel pretty good about 

I thought he mentioned Mack's name in there also when discussing why he took the Raiders job.  We know how that turned out.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, OG_C2X said:

Meh I don't think Carr is that safe and I also think we draft a QB this year esp if someone like hurts falls to our 2nd first

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think we’ve shown enough improvement and Carr has played well enough to continue to build around him. I wouldn’t mind a QB with one of our 3rds, but I’d rather not. 

I'm with you.

Those are some seriously valuable picks. I would want to add anywhere on defense/WR with all 5 of them and try to build a young defensive nucleus. Take a developmental qb in round 4-7, but don't waste a top 100 pick IMO. We saw it with Cook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think we’ve shown enough improvement and Carr has played well enough to continue to build around him. I wouldn’t mind a QB with one of our 3rds, but I’d rather not. 

I think our defense is a much bigger issue than Carr is at this point.  Carr can be frustrating at times, but has looked pretty decent this year.  Our LBs and pass rushers need to be addressed first, imo.

• Like 2