The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

40 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I think our defense is a much bigger issue than Carr is at this point.  Carr can be frustrating at times, but has looked pretty decent this year.  Our LBs and pass rushers need to be addressed first, imo.

He's shown growth in a lot of areas, including areas people (not naming names) suggested he wouldn't/couldn't improve. That's the most encouraging thing for me.

• Like 1

We have a legit run game with a guy that may end up being a top 5ish back(trying not to get ahead of myself, but Jacobs is very impressive) And a top 5 OL.

Carr is learning to manage games since he don’t have to put his team on his back like he’s had to his entire career. The better command of the offense he has and the more He takes care of the ball, the more games we will win. Carr has the arm talent to make the wow throws that we’ve seen. This year he’s made strides in the offense, is taking care of the ball 11:4 TD:int ratio, completing passes at a high rate and not taking sacks. 

We are another WR away from being a big time offense imo. I like the Zay Jones addition, and I think he’ll help a lot. Right now Renfrow has the 2nd most catches from a WR on our team with 18. We’re having to rely on TEs and RBs in the pass game. As soon as we add more talent to the WR position the more dynamic we’ll be on the outside. Carr can make the throws, we just need the guys to make the plays on the other end *cough* TW.

i think this should be Carr’s team moving forward. 

• Like 3

Carr played great today, can’t fault him one bit for this L. We lost because of penalties, defense, and Tyrell droppin a couple balls. 

Honestly if Carr played like he did today every game I’d be on board. Let’s see if he can keep it up and not be terribly inconsistent. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now THIS is what I like to see:

People dump on Gruden but honestly I love what he's doing with our O. More of this!

With how banged up the Texans DBs are there would be zero excuse for Carr not throwing downfield.  There are still a lot of drops though.  Waller and Williams let the ball slip throughtheir hands.  Just looking at stats I would have expected more from Carr this week but if the receivers are doing their job Carr throws close to 400 and 4 TDs with a W.  They were not the only problem but they were the difference.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

My QB was ballin yesterday! All the clowns 🤡 bashing him on here  after a bad game with no wideouts 😂😂😂 even scouting and mocking new QBS 🤡😂😂😂

This is why guys love to crap on your posts.  Not so Humble Beast... There were a few of us who were on the same page about Carr a few weeks ago.  Let it play out and see what happens.  Don't gloat.  Act like you have been correct before.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Totty said:

This is why guys love to crap on your posts.  Not so Humble Beast... There were a few of us who were on the same page about Carr a few weeks ago.  Let it play out and see what happens.  Don't gloat.  Act like you have been correct before.  

He can't because he's never been correct before

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

My QB was ballin yesterday! All the clowns 🤡 bashing him on here  after a bad game with no wideouts 😂😂😂 even scouting and mocking new QBS 🤡😂😂😂

Dude. This is trolling. I understand Carr has been taking a lot of flack this year but cmon. First. It’s a long season. Second. Try some humility, HUMBLE beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now THIS is what I like to see:

People dump on Gruden but honestly I love what he's doing with our O. More of this!

Props to Carr for turning it around. 

But the law of averages probably means his first 3 games was like 6.2 YPA which is awful/probably worst in league. Mostly the KC and MIN game. Carr was solid against DEN. Very solid. KC and MIN was some of the worst QB play I have ever seen. And KCs defense stinks. 

I told you guys I would have an open mind on Carr though and if he keeps playing this way I’m on board. He’s playing great football right now and for the first time since 2016 I’m actually confident in my QB. 

He hasn’t secured the keys to next season yet though IMO. There is still a longgggg long way to go this year. If he starts lookin like consistent trash like the KC/MINN games, he could still be out. 

The Raiders have three extremely winnable games at home all in a row. Time for Carr to light it up. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Let's be real here... the ONLY reason he supports Carr is because he's a Fresno homer. If he played at any other school, you'd be burying him.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1