The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

My QB was ballin yesterday! All the clowns 🤡 bashing him on here  after a bad game with no wideouts 😂😂😂 even scouting and mocking new QBS 🤡😂😂😂

No Wideouts? Williams and Renfrow made great plays that resulted in TDs. Williams had one bad drop and the other was a contested-catch that Conley surprisingly made a good play on. Saying that we had no Wideouts is ridiculous

Really can't blame the loss on anyone other than the refs.  Seasaw game and We lost to a team who had a great QB make a great play generally no other would have made. There were some questionable calls that costs us more than anything

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

No Wideouts? Williams and Renfrow made great plays that resulted in TDs. Williams had one bad drop and the other was a contested-catch that Conley surprisingly made a good play on. Saying that we had no Wideouts is ridiculous

Really can't blame the loss on anyone other than the refs.  Seasaw game and We lost to a team who had a great QB make a great play generally no other would have made. There were some questionable calls that costs us more than anything

The defense.  Couldn't stop them at all in the 2nd half. They scored 17 points in the second half.  It was irritating.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, BayRaider said:

1. 49ers wouldn’t go to the Super Bowl with Carr or Smith. They went with Kaep because the league hadn’t figured him out yet just like RGIII in 2012. 

2. Bears could win the Super Bowl with Mitch, would anyone be saying Mitch is good? God no. Once again, a Top 5 Defense and possibly all time great defense. Keeping Carr and building an all-time great level defense with a offensive coach is your strategy? SMH....

3. If I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, I would take Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Philip Rivers, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, and Bengals Backup Ryan Finley over Derek Carr, and might I say, easily. 

That’s 24 QBs over Derek Carr I would take if I’m trying to win the Super Bowl for one season, because they are simply better than him. 

Now, before you throw a temper tantrum and say Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Rookies blah blah blah. Cousins and Keenum play in Grudens exact system before and look phenomenal. Keenum has shown with a great offensive mind like Shurmur or Jay Gruden, he can do outstanding. 

As for Rookies, I trust Kylee Murrays physical talent over Derek Carr for one season to try to get me to a Super Bowl, and surprisingly Daniel Jones has looked like Peyton Manning so far. I’ll take a gamble on Jones over Carr. Easy choice too. 

So yeah, 24 QBs over Carr. I’d actually take Titans backup Tannehil over him too, that’s 25. I wouldn’t take Mariota over Carr though. 

LOL @BayRaider  Looking at your list would you still take Mayfield, Darnold, Goff, Jimmy G, Tannihill, Dalton, Danny Dimes and Ryan Finely over Carr.  How do you justify this complete nonsense?  Please tell me this post was joke bc I really have a hard time believing people really can watch football and be so clueless....

You lost me at Darnold but the Danny Pennies comparison to Manning has to be the funniest thing I have read in years...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL @BayRaider  Looking at your list would you still take Mayfield, Darnold, Goff, Jimmy G, Tannihill, Dalton, Danny Dimes and Ryan Finely over Carr.  How do you justify this complete nonsense?  Please tell me this post was joke bc I really have a hard time believing people really can watch football and be so clueless....

You lost me at Darnold but the Danny Pennies comparison to Manning has to be the funniest thing I have read in years...

You bookmarked this and waited a month and a half to see if some of these QBs would have bad seasons lol. Take out Dak, Tannehil, Keenum, Goff, Danny, and Dalton and I still take the rest over Derek. That’s still 18? Cousins been money and just won player of the month. That’s still a low-end middle of pack QB.   

But I have given Carr credit past couple weeks and have been throughly impressed. He has looked like his old self the past couple weeks and I for one am quote happy. (Although he has to keep this going the rest of season). I’m not sure why you wait to quote after I’ve been praising Carr the past few posts? Do you like turmoil? 

Like if the season ended today, QB is not on my 1st Round draft list. I always said I have an open mind. Carr has to keep it going though. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You bookmarked this and waited a month and a half to see if some of these QBs would have bad seasons lol. Take out Dak, Tannehil, Keenum, Goff and Dalton and I still take the rest over Derek. That’s still 19. Cousins been money and just won player of the month.  

But I have given Carr credit past couple weeks and have been throughly impressed. He has looked like his old self the past couple weeks and I for one am quote happy. (Although he has to keep this going the rest of season). I’m not sure why you wait to quote after I’ve been praising Carr the past few posts? Do you like turmoil? 

Well of course I will wait until the season plays out to quote this.  I just find it beyond ridiculous that you make comparisons to Manning after a player has played one game.  That has to be the most insane thing I have ever read. 

Saying QB's are good after a few games or 1 season is about the most foolish thing any football fan can post.  After posting this garbage I can tell you need to go back to football 101 Hahahah Darnold, Tannihill, Dalton etc better than Carr.  What planet do you live on?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Well of course I will wait until the season plays out to quote this.  I just find it beyond ridiculous that you make comparisons to Manning after a player has played one game.  That has to be the most insane thing I have ever read. 

Saying QB's are good after a few games or 1 season is about the most foolish thing any football fan can post.  After posting this garbage I can tell you need to go back to football 101 Hahahah Darnold, Tannihill, Dalton etc better than Carr.  What planet do you live on?

I would still take Darnold over Carr in a heartbeat. Same excuses you all use for Carr you can use for Darnold. Trash coaches, trash line, trash receivers, trash everything. He’s got a good RB, that’s it. Anderson is super overrated and I’m glad we didn’t trade for him. 

And once, for the 47th time, you twist my words and make them out of context. I never compared Danny Jones to Peyton Manning, I said his one game looked like a Peyton Manning performance. How is that comparing him to Peyton Manning? I’ve been Jones biggest critic on this forum both pre draft and post draft. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

For reference, Darnolds situation this year is 5x worse than Carrs 2017 or 2018 situation. 

Outside of his rookie year, Carr has never been surrounded by such a lack of talent and atrocious coaches across the board. 

Ok and?

There's literally no reason as a franchise the Raiders would want Darnold over Carr. I know his situation is dysfunctional, but even with the dysfunction, he has been shaky, made terrible read, and shown hit or miss accuracy.

I'm just happy to see the fans have DC's back the past few weeks. I don't need to rub it in and I'm sure he'll have struggles at times too and I'll have his back then too. Keep building the team and if a QB slips to the 3rd I wouldn't be opposed to developing a QB but with so many needs it should wait til the 5th if any this next draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

I'm just happy to see the fans have DC's back the past few weeks. I don't need to rub it in and I'm sure he'll have struggles at times too and I'll have his back then too. Keep building the team and if a QB slips to the 3rd I wouldn't be opposed to developing a QB but with so many needs it should wait til the 5th if any this next draft.

He has definitely earned our support.  He is going to struggle against some teams, but he looks to be getting much more comfortable in Grudens system.  If we had any resemblance of a defense we could compete with most teams.  Jacobs also has taken a ton of pressure off of him.  Our offense is fun again, now we need to spend some $$ and draft picks fixing our D.

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You bookmarked this and waited a month and a half to see if some of these QBs would have bad seasons lol. Take out Dak, Tannehil, Keenum, Goff, Danny, and Dalton and I still take the rest over Derek. That’s still 18? Cousins been money and just won player of the month. That’s still a low-end middle of pack QB.   

Like if the season ended today, QB is not on my 1st Round draft list. I always said I have an open mind. Carr has to keep it going though. 

While i don't agree with a bunch of names on your list, imo we all can agree Carr is a middle of pack QB. If he is 12th or 18th best isnt really the most relevant discussion though.

More interesting is the question do you move on and try to upgrade or work with what you have and win via defense. By keeping Carr i could see us becoming the Detroit Lions: Having decent seasons but never be really in contention for anything.

It is a hard place to be in, because the alternative (moving on from Carr) actually has a bigger chance of us becoming one of the many franchises drafting a bust and be stuck with a downgrade like close to half of the league had the past decade.