The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

This is make or break year for carr. He has AB and revamped wr room. Depending on what we get in draft it may improve more in terms of weapons. 

Defense should be improved too because we will have more talent. 

If Carr doesn't have us respectable than its over. 

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

This is make or break year for carr. He has AB and revamped wr room. Depending on what we get in draft it may improve more in terms of weapons. 

Defense should be improved too because we will have more talent. 

If Carr doesn't have us respectable than its over. 

I agree. If he has a completely healthy season though, I'm sure we are going to have a great season offensively.  This will probably be his best season yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree. If he has a completely healthy season though, I'm sure we are going to have a great season offensively.  This will probably be his best season yet.

Agreed.  He finally has some pieces in place to be productive and I agree that he should have his best season to date. 

On paper this is the best team we have ever had but they have to preform on the field not just look good on paper.  The draft is critical to the long term success and if we can nail the first 4 picks we should have solid foundation for years.    

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agreed.  He finally has some pieces in place to be productive and I agree that he should have his best season to date. 

On paper this is the best team we have ever had but they have to preform on the field not just look good on paper.  The draft is critical to the long term success and if we can nail the first 4 picks we should have solid foundation for years.    

ON OFFENSE the only things that I can see stopping us from have a great year are injury or AB.

11 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

ON OFFENSE the only things that I can see stopping us from have a great year are injury or AB.

Or a non existent running game. I hope we draft a RB. I think we'll be okay, but I'd prefer to be dominant in both aspects. 

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Glad to see you share the same mindset as his detractors, which is no excuses for DC next year.

He needs to play great to make it to Vegas. 

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Glad to see you share the same mindset as his detractors, which is no excuses for DC next year.

That's what we've been saying all offseason.  Give him the season.

If he fails this year, draft a guy next year.  The draft picks this year are too valuable in building this team to waste on a backup QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You should also be open to the real possibilty that he could have an avg season, make it to Vegas and we draft another QB to develop in 2020 for a year or two behind him, i.e. Alex Smith.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

You should also be open to the real possibilty that he could have an avg season, make it to Vegas and we draft another QB to develop in 2020 for a year or two behind him, i.e. Alex Smith.

Not gonna happen. We can only escape his contract after this year. I mean, or wait til it expires. 

9 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Wilson and Mahomes make sense but Brees and Brady do not. I guess if a guys is wide open he can hit people but rarely does he throw contested passes. 

Exactly. If you aren’t open by a mile he isn’t throwing it. He never throws it when a guy has a step. 

• Like 1