Kingsbury to allow cell phone breaks in team meetings

tgrades3

This is idiotic and it has nothing to do with taking breaks.

It has to do with all the social media still being the focus in their minds into the next 20 minutes of meetings.

You ready for the 49ers this week?

No, but those cat videos, lolz!

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep, because most humans are incapable of really staying locked in for that long. That’s why teachers who lecture for an entire period are out dated and out of touch. I’m constantly getting kids up and moving about every 15 minutes.

When I was in Sweden, lectures (and meetings) had periodic short breaks for coffee, biscuits, etc, since coffee breaks (fika) is a major part of the culture.  Was able to stay a lot more focused during 2-3 hour lectures with breaks than hour long lectures/meetings without them here.

On surface this may sound ridiculous but it's actually smart. 

Its been studied, but the most optimal way of absorbing information is in 30 mintue increments. 

Considering most people have a phone addiction these day allowing a phone break every 30 mintues will allow players to refocus once that break is over. 

Kingsbury shouldn't have been so open about this buts its a smart move. 

31 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

When I was in Sweden, lectures (and meetings) had periodic short breaks for coffee, biscuits, etc, since coffee breaks (fika) is a major part of the culture.  Was able to stay a lot more focused during 2-3 hour lectures with breaks than hour long lectures/meetings without them here.

Yep! Would you rather have an inefficient hour long meeting or an efficient hour and fifteen minute long meeting that had some breaks? I know which one I'd choose.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep! Would you rather have an inefficient hour long meeting or an efficient hour and fifteen minute long meeting that had some breaks? I know which one I'd choose.

Constant free coffee and biscuits was a nice bonus too.

But yeah this is a good idea that I think people are having a knee-jerk negative reaction to because he mentioned phones.

Also Steven A Smith complained about it which by default means it's good.

1 minute ago, Bobikus said:

Constant free coffee and biscuits was a nice bonus too.

But yeah this is a good idea that I think people are having a knee-jerk negative reaction to because he mentioned phones.

Also Steven A Smith complained about it which by default means it's good.

Exactly. He shouldn't have said it's time for them to go on social media because that reinforces the "Wah wah wah millenials!" mentality. Just call it a break so they can come back refocused, who cares what a grown man does with his 5-10 minutes of free time during a meeting.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Exactly. He shouldn't have said it's time for them to go on social media because that reinforces the "Wah wah wah millenials!" mentality. Just call it a break so they can come back refocused, who cares what a grown man does with his 5-10 minutes of free time during a meeting.

I still remember Colin Cowherd and some dude ranting about Baker holding his phone during a post-game interview.

Archived