Jordy Nelson Retires

Down to Earth

Pour one out for a great one. What a joy he was to watch. His uncanny ability on the sideline, his obnoxious instincts in the red zone, and oh yeah... his ability to just ruin defenses on deep posts. Guy could do it all in his prime. A shame that a shoddy field in Pittsburgh cut his prime, and likely his career, short.

59 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Kuhn signed a one day deal right? I haven’t seen anything about Jordy doing the same. Too bad if there are hard feelings there and I wouldn’t necessarily blame him. 

I hope he does.  We let Kuhn walk under similar circumstances so perhaps Jordy will "come home" too.  Heck, Longwell did.

Will share my admiration also for a great Packer and an even better person. Didn't know much about the pic when we grabbed him other then his staggering catches in the last 2 years of college ball. Same thing with DAdams just catches the ball. Really classy WR and just like allot of the Packers a guy that worked hard in the community and was well liked and respected. Packers FO please keep drafting guys and bringing in guys like Jordy. All the best to a packer great.

he was a beast.  so many great sideline catches, so many great deep routes, so many "white chocolate" comments from Ike Taylor of the NFL Top 100 series.  the hitch route was automatic because people feared his deep speed, and the MM offense suffered when we lost that speed.  hope he feels like he got out of the game with his body in relatively good shape.

6 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Kuhn signed a one day deal right? I haven’t seen anything about Jordy doing the same. Too bad if there are hard feelings there and I wouldn’t necessarily blame him. 

This would be the optimal outcome, IMO. Though I've read some posters on another site who want Nelson re-signed, catch a pass from Rodgers on the first play of the first pre-season (exhibition) game, and then let him retire as a Packer. Heartwarming, but liability issues would very likely keep this from happening. Is he angry/upset with Gute? Even Favre got over his anger about being replaced, so reach out to him, and he'll probably be OK with it. After all, Nelson is the epitome of "Packer people" and an amazing part of the team's success. He deserves to retire as a Packer, and be inducted into the Packers HOF ASAP.

Archived