a Curious Conumdrum....For the First time....

DaWg_LB.

band·wag·on

/ˈbandˌwaɡən/

noun

noun: bandwagon; plural noun: bandwagons

1. Used in reference to an activity, cause, etc. that is currently fashionable or popular and attracting increasing support.

Lets begin with the definition.....

For the first time in my life....we will legitimately have this is as a consideration.....

This weekend, I was in SC visiting Momma DaWg_Lb. (Who is doing much better)...there are two stories I'd like to share....

1. I was in the corner store (where they sell loosey's and single condoms LOL).....I was purchasing a few items and my total came up to an amount and $.32...I asked the guy could I run to the car to grab the change so I wouldnt have to run around with jangling pockets....he looked at my Hoodie (that's been worn since the '14 season) and made a comment "Your Team looking Good this year...dont worry about the change....have a good one".

I thanked the man and walked out smiling....

2. Was at church Sunday..and the young Song leader (the old Church at home has 2..and old and young) came running up to me all excited and wanted to talk about "Our Team" and how the Browns are now his 2nd favorite team now we got OBJ....and then wanted to talk about Our team heading into the season.......

This put me in a mood I needed to pray over...I've known this kid for a little while now and he's NEVER wanted to talk about "our team" before. I handled it as Graciously as possible...but I was in my feelings a little bit. I wanted to say..."Get the Hell outta'My'Face....dont jump on NOW....." but I think yelling this at Church, MIGHT be frowned upon....

I found a couple of articles this weekend that made me think.....and I of course wanted to get the input of the fellow LONG-SUFFERERS like myself had to say about the Topic of BandWagon Fans

https://waitingfornextyear.com/2019/03/cleveland-browns-bandwagon-odell-beckham/

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/18/true-cleveland-browns-fans-handle-bandwagon-fans/

Please good Brothers, share your feelings or Funny Story that has to do with the increased Attention that you are getting from other fans.....or OUT someone who has always laughned and snickered when Browns jokes were being made...NOW they want to talk about "Our Team".

and Finally.....Jason Locanfora and Terrell Davis NEVER say ISH good about our team....so when they got something positive to say NOW....I'll quote my man Posdnuos aka Plug 1 (from De La Soul)... "Stick to same plan, dont come shaking my hand like we Peeps...it aint beef...but understand, between us......it aint ALL GOOD"....

What a difference Baker makes, right?! Love the kid--and yes, I can call him a kid because my oldest son isn't much younger than Baker. 

I didn't believe the rumors that Baker was going to be drafted 1st overall by the Browns...and frankly, I hoped he wouldn't. So many QBs and coaches have seen their careers fall apart in Cleveland. I am a Sooner fan and alum and did not want to see Baker crushed like that...I should have had more faith in Baker. Good grief! 

"I just woke up this morning feeling dangerous" 

Yes, that about sums it up.

So, as a result, I will be cheering for Baker and the Browns from now on...unless your playing my 49ers.

I know, I wasn't a Browns fan so I probably don't qualify for posting here, but there you go anyway. 

I am excited for it quite frankly.

I agree with lGB....

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care about bandwagon fans tbh. 

The folks I talk to about them, be it family, friends or you degenerates are all legit fans.  

My family and friends I have talked to forever I've turned into browns fans and now it will be fun as they pay more attention.

I will always talk to you guys about the inner workings of the team that the average person just wouldn't understand (when I start to talk salary cap implications with my girlfriend she just walks away).

That being said this is the difference to me....

The first person to call ME a bandwagon fan....there is going to be hell to pay....

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What a difference Baker makes, right?! Love the kid--and yes, I can call him a kid because my oldest son isn't much younger than Baker. 

I didn't believe the rumors that Baker was going to be drafted 1st overall by the Browns...and frankly, I hoped he wouldn't. So many QBs and coaches have seen their careers fall apart in Cleveland. I am a Sooner fan and alum and did not want to see Baker crushed like that...I should have had more faith in Baker. Good grief! 

Yes, that about sums it up.

So, as a result, I will be cheering for Baker and the Browns from now on...unless your playing my 49ers.

I know, I wasn't a Browns fan so I probably don't qualify for posting here, but there you go anyway. 

Clenching my teeth

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care about bandwagon fans tbh. 

The folks I talk to about them, be it family, friends or you degenerates are all legit fans.  

Same.  I am, however, measuring up my many Steeler fan friends.  Most of them are in denial of what's coming.

My son's college roommate (who is a Steeler fan) does get it, though.  His completely serious quote last week:  "The Browns are gonna win the Super Bowl this year."  Always knew I liked that kid.

33 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Same.  I am, however, measuring up my many Steeler fan friends.  Most of them are in denial of what's coming.

My son's college roommate (who is a Steeler fan) does get it, though.  His completely serious quote last week:  "The Browns are gonna win the Super Bowl this year."  Always knew I liked that kid.

I’m past trying to tell them.

@Thomas5737 is doing God’s work in general, especially with letting the Ravens fans know, but I’ve got nothing to say tbh.

Baker, Freddie, Myles, OBJ, etc are gonna show them all plenty next season.

Archived