a Curious Conumdrum....For the First time....

DaWg_LB.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m past trying to tell them.

@Thomas5737 is doing God’s work in general, especially with letting the Ravens fans know, but I’ve got nothing to say tbh.

Baker, Freddie, Myles, OBJ, etc are gonna show them all plenty next season.

Eh, I'm not really saying anything that the consensus doesn't believe though. I know we have a guy at QB who is already good. He should get even better. The other quarterbacks in our division are either old, inconsistent or completely unproven as a passer. That puts us in a really good spot ignoring the rest of the roster. Adding the rest of the roster and you have your AFCN 2019 favorite Cleveland Browns.

As far as bandwagon fans, I don't care much one way or the other. The Browns have always had one of the best worldwide fan bases and they have probably been quieted since 1995 and I'm sure some have moved on but if those that were sitting quietly want to suddenly yell from the rooftops they have every right to. We had bandwagon fans when Johnny football was drafted. Same with Baker. They can't help but root for the team because they are huge supporters of the guys who are supposed to lead the team. Welcome aboard Sooners. Don't talk about how you suffered if you didn't but you can enjoy the ride, it won't be as great as it is to those that have suffered but it should still be plenty fun.

I'm waiting to be confident. I think it's the years of mental abuse this team has put me through.

I honestly hope that this team gets bandwagon fans and tons of younger fans. Make Ohio a Browns state and open up the flood gates for games where the Browns are a good team and huge fan base like they should be. The Browns backers organization is huge but I know it can be even bigger if this team is good.

If someone says I'm a bandwagon fan though, I will also have issues.

I sorta love this whole, "The Browns are America's team," stuff! I love watching national sports coverage and seeing guys like Nate Burleson throwing heaps of shine our way. Let em all jump on, we all know who the OGs are, here and in our personal lives.

For me, there's only one potential bandwagon fan I'm on high alert for. That's my old man, Mr. Pixburgh Steelers himself. He even sniffs our wagon, and I punt his *** right off! Oh, no, old man! You dogged us for decades. Enjoy spending the next decade desperately searching for Roethlisberger's replacement.

18 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What a difference Baker makes, right?! Love the kid--and yes, I can call him a kid because my oldest son isn't much younger than Baker. 

I didn't believe the rumors that Baker was going to be drafted 1st overall by the Browns...and frankly, I hoped he wouldn't. So many QBs and coaches have seen their careers fall apart in Cleveland. I am a Sooner fan and alum and did not want to see Baker crushed like that...I should have had more faith in Baker. Good grief! 

Yes, that about sums it up.

So, as a result, I will be cheering for Baker and the Browns from now on...unless your playing my 49ers.

I know, I wasn't a Browns fan so I probably don't qualify for posting here, but there you go anyway. 

I'm okay with this.

I was born and raised in many parts of Cleveland (both east and west side) - it's my home and will likely be my home until I die. I was born in '87, Browns fan in the '90s but didn't truly start following it until our expansion year in '99. So much misery and pain, but I endured and will forever endure. The sweet, sweet icing on the cake is that Baker was my #1 QB leading up to the 2018 draft and I was ECSTATIC that we took him.

Do what you want, but don't turn on the/my team and try to trash us when we're down. I've seen it all before - fans of a player want to trash the team in order to boost the player. LeBron fans would trash the Cavs non-stop just to hoist LeBron on a pedestal and became Heat/Lakers fans when he left.

Other than that - welcome. :)

1 minute ago, Vee-Rex said:

I'm okay with this.

I was born and raised in many parts of Cleveland (both east and west side) - it's my home and will likely be my home until I die. I was born in '87, Browns fan in the '90s but didn't truly start following it until our expansion year in '99. So much misery and pain, but I endured and will forever endure. The sweet, sweet icing on the cake is that Baker was my #1 QB leading up to the 2018 draft and I was ECSTATIC that we took him.

Do what you want, but don't turn on the/my team and try to trash us when we're down. I've seen it all before - fans of a player want to trash the team in order to boost the player. LeBron fans would trash the Cavs non-stop just to hoist LeBron on a pedestal and became Heat/Lakers fans when he left.

Other than that - welcome. :)

Fair point. But I see Kitchens and Baker cooking up something fine. :P

I don't really have many stories but I have found a common thing in some of my recent trips:

1. I have friends in Pennsylvania so my wife decided to plan a gathering for my birthday in Philadelphia April of 2017. Guess what... that was where the NFL Draft happened! It was a fun experience even if most fans in attendance were Philly fans. Lots of support from fans of other teams who liked our Garrett/Peppers selections.

2. In October 2017 my family went to Las Vegas (same awful weekend with the shooter). We were fully decked out in Browns gear one night and my goodness there were sooooo many other fans who were cheering for us and giving us shoutouts.

Seems like many fans pity Browns fans and support/root for us because of that. We have a LOT of support and I do feel like we're more 'America's team' than the Cowboys.

When people find out I watch the nfl, they think it's a bit weird, because they dont understand it and it goes for 4 hours. 

When they find out I am a browns fan and how bad they usually do, they look at me like I'm a 6 year old who still  pisses their pants. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

When people find out I watch the nfl, they think it's a bot weird, because rhwybdont understand it and it goes for 4 hours. 

When they find out I am a browns fan and how bad they usually do, they look at me like I'm a 6 year old who still  pisses their pants. 

YOU WILL GET THE FINAL LAUGH

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

When people find out I watch the nfl, they think it's a bit weird, because they dont understand it and it goes for 4 hours. 

How do you know how people look at a 6 year old who pis.... oh n/m

This team is gonna be sooooo much fun to watch next year. Even without the additions we made that was going to be the case.

Hope Baker is ready to hammer out what he needs to and improves. Honestly, his mechanics are fine to me. Sometimes his left foot is open too much which takes zip off his passes. However, I don’t care, I want him to process the mental component of the game. I want him to be able to read defenses and make adjustments at the offensive line.

Archived