Browns Cut CB Joe Haden

Jroc04

For starters, Haden is set to count $14 million against the cap in 2017, which makes his contract prohibitive towards a trade after signing a five-year extension in May of 2014. Even after trading long-snapper Jon Dorenbos on Monday evening, the Eagles have just under $11.3 million in cap space, according to Spotrac. 

Even if Roseman could figure out a way make the numbers fit under the cap somehow, it would be counterproductive to lock into Haden's contract (which has a potential out after 2018) given that the team will likely be aiming to re-sign wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, and defensive tackle Tim Jernigan among others this offseason before turning all financial attention to a potential mega-Carson Wentz contract extension following the 2018 season. 

I'm worried about the money yes. But shedding Kendricks salary would get us there I believe. 

With that said, they probably should stand pat. His contract is ridiculous and I'm not exactly sure he's as good as he used to be. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I'm worried about the money yes. But shedding Kendricks salary would get us there I believe. 

With that said, they probably should stand pat. His contract is ridiculous and I'm not exactly sure he's as good as he used to be. 

Highly unlikely, but I wonder if he'd be open to a restructure along with a trade...

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It would  have to be in a different move, the Browns run a 4-3 as well and definitely don't need Kendricks.

Pass. Both financially and Personnel Wise. Part of Drafting Sidney Jones was knowing he might not contribute year one. Hence why they drafted Douglas, traded for Darby and now traded for McDougal after signing Robinson. Unless they don't believe Jalen Mills is Worthy of Starting outside, makes absolutely no sense to me. Haden isn't playing the slot!

Keeping AJ and Jernnigan next off season is way more important then signing a high priced declining CB with a massive contract that "could" put doing just that in jeopardy. No thanks.

44 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

browns fans seem to think haden has sucked this offseason so why would we want their bad CB?

By comments above evidently he's a better option then Mills. Their Suckage is better then ours? Not sure.

No, not worth the asset or cap money he'd take up...have to roll over as much money as we can.

He's not even that good...we got one CB of the future hopefully in Darby...let's see what these other guys can do while we wait for Sidney to be healthy.

Archived