Browns Cut CB Joe Haden

Jroc04

9 hours ago, Jlash said:

It would  have to be in a different move, the Browns run a 4-3 as well and definitely don't need Kendricks.

Shedding his contract didn't mean he'd be included in the trade. But I'm not very interested after seeing Haden's contract. I still think he'd be a good #2 but at that money it's prohibitive. 

I get the money, obviously. But why are posters citing out current CBs as a reason to not add to the roster. "Well, we signed Robinson and traded for McDougal." Yea, well Robinson and McDougal are trash. It's like not wanting to get a WR last year because we traded for DGB and drafted Agholor. If you can improve your roster, you do it. If we can push Mills from the outside, shouldn't you do it. We added Darby, who's much better than we had, why not add again and push more trash off the roster. Again, I understand the financial reasons but this current corp of CBs are subpar at best. 

Not that they'd make stuff up since they've been watching him, but the Browns stink. Tom Brady would look like trash on that squad. Maybe he hasn't been motivated when his team has two wins in November. 

I'm not saying Haden is the GOAT or that the Browns are holding him back. I'm just saying he plays for the Browns. 

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Not that they'd make stuff up since they've been watching him, but the Browns stink. Tom Brady would look like trash on that squad. Maybe he hasn't been motivated when his team has two wins in November. 

I'm not saying Haden is the GOAT or that the Browns are holding him back. I'm just saying he plays for the Browns. 

Well, a large part of it has to be that he hasn't been healthy, I'm certain of that. But yeah, there's always good reason to be skeptical about a player coming form either a really good or really poor team.  Byron Maxwell being a prime example going the other way.  I believe that he's absolutely worth a look, no one on our team seems to want the #2 corner job.

Archived