Browns Cut CB Joe Haden

Jroc04

Just now, Phire said:

Well then. I'm not surprised Howie's pursuing it. He doesn't want Jalen Mills starting and I don't blame him.

I know as a fanbase we're good at convincing ourselves of things, but Jalen Mills has no real business starting in the NFL.

Just now, BLick12 said:

I know as a fanbase we're good at convincing ourselves of things, but Jalen Mills has no real business starting in the NFL.

Absolutely not, and I think Howie smells blood in the water with Dallas having so many off field issues. Any time Howie aggressively pursues a free agent it's more likely than not good news for us. We'll see though apparently Haden likes Pitt.

The Philadelphia Eagles are one of six teams “very much in the mix” for free agent cornerback Joe Haden, according to NFL insider Jason La Canfora. Haden is reportedly expected to sign with a new team in the next 24 hours.

11 minutes ago, Phire said:

Absolutely not, and I think Howie smells blood in the water with Dallas having so many off field issues. Any time Howie aggressively pursues a free agent it's more likely than not good news for us. We'll see though apparently Haden likes Pitt.

Many you really love that narrative don't you? I feel like you bring it up in every transaction or rumor thread xD

11 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Many you really love that narrative don't you? I feel like you bring it up in every transaction or rumor thread xD

I think it's true though lol, it explains all the 1-year rentals, which Haden figures to be.

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

still see every browns fan say he lost a step and that makes him about as useful as jalen mills out there another guy not fast enough to be a starting cb in the nfl.

Good, bring him in and if he sucks we start Mills and if he's better than Mills start him. Without that big contract I don't see what the objection is. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Stole this from the Packers thread.....guess we could sign him for relatively cheap.

Why would he play for less than $4M?

He wouldn't but it offsets whatever he signs for.

Example: if he signs for $6 mil, $4mil is covered by Cleveland and we would pay the remaining $2 mil

Archived