Obscure/Nostalgic Players

BleedTheClock

1 hour ago, ShupacTakur said:

That guy the Lions moved from DB to WR and he ended up catching like 100 passes on the year. 

One year wonder. Can't even remember his name. 

Wasn't that Mike Furrey?

Contribution to the thread - will always look back fondly on Lawfirm. Just a perfect role-player. Limited, but efficient and reliable.

And a couple of true no-names: Jonas Gray and Brian Tyms. Half of Gray's career yards and 80% of his touchdowns came in one primetime game against the Colts, he was late to practice the next week, got benched and was never heard from again. Brian Tyms was a pre-season favourite in the Pats subforum, caught rainbows from Jimmy G, he was going to be our secret weapon. In his first game back from suspension in the regular season he caught a 50 yard TD from Brady, Randy Moss style, got injured on the play and never played in the NFL again. He's in the AAF right now.

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Wasn't that Mike Furrey?

Contribution to the thread - will always look back fondly on Lawfirm. Just a perfect role-player. Limited, but efficient and reliable.

And a couple of true no-names: Jonas Gray and Brian Tyms. Half of Gray's career yards and 80% of his touchdowns came in one primetime game against the Colts, he was late to practice the next week, got benched and was never heard from again. Brian Tyms was a pre-season favourite in the Pats subforum, caught rainbows from Jimmy G, he was going to be our secret weapon. In his first game back from suspension in the regular season he caught a 50 yard TD from Brady, Randy Moss style, got injured on the play and never played in the NFL again. He's in the AAF right now.

Yes! It was Furrey. Thanks! 

From my Packers a couple have already been mention in Bryce Paul and William Henderson. I would add the following:

Gilbert Brown

Frank Winters

Travis Jervey

Allen Rossum  

From other teams in the league:

Phil Hanson

Cornelius Bennett

JJ Stokes

Dave Meggett

Dante Hall

On 4/2/2019 at 4:14 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Domanick Williams/RB/Texans

Troy Hambrick/RB/Cowboys

Ken Dilger/TE/Buccaneers

Tyrone Calico/WR/Titans

Yeremiah Bell/S/Dolphins

Played against both during the 2000 season, also Alex Bannister (EKU), Bart Scott (SIU), Tony Romo (EIU). 

Also I had a few names: 

Lief Larsen - rooted so hard for him to make it

Ben Gay - Urban legend 

Gary Stills- Always thought he was underutilized 

Dat Nguyen- Stud

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Rishard Higgins

Are you referring to the Browns WR? He's still on our team and had a pretty darn good season in 2018. He's not obscure.

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Jalston Fowler

Loved him. Shocked he hasn't been molesting linebackers in the pros like he did in college.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Are you referring to the Browns WR? He's still on our team and had a pretty darn good season in 2018. He's not obscure.

Loved him. Shocked he hasn't been molesting linebackers in the pros like he did in college.

Higgins to me is obscure because I don’t know why I like him

Archived