The "Should We" Thread

MKnight82

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/report-jets-have-gauged-matt-forte-trade-market/ 

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the team has gauged the trade market for Forte, who ran 10 times for 43 yards in his preseason debut last Saturday. Forte had missed time this summer with a hamstring injury, but showed he’s recovered against the Giants.

Hard pass on Haden. He's injury prone, expensive, and regressed in talent. Pass on Forte due to age and the depth we already have at the position. Pass on TJ Ward since we already have plenty of Strong Safeties on the roster, but I do like him as a player. Landry is a great player but I think he has some character concerns and is limited athletically so I'd pass due to cost vs reward. 

Irving is a player that I was way off on in my scouting report on him. I'm an ACC guy and watched a lot of him on FSU, I thought he was close to a can't miss prospect who could play any position on the line. I was way off on him and he has been a massive disappointment. While we always need good depth on the oline, I wouldn't give up more than a late rounder for him or Matt Jones straight up. Instead of us trading for these players, I think we look to the waiver wire on Saturday instead. 

Another name to add into this game. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/giants-cut-owa-odighizuwa/

Any interest in Owa Odighizuma? His NFL comp coming into the NFL was Brian Orakpo but never panned out. The former 3rd round pick is suspended the first 4 games due to PEDs and has contemplated retiring from the game (only to return to the team). While there are a ton of negatives there, he would be cheap and it seems like we are in the market for pass rushing depth since we put in a claim in Ealy.  

15 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Another name to add into this game. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/giants-cut-owa-odighizuwa/

Any interest in Owa Odighizuma? His NFL comp coming into the NFL was Brian Orakpo but never panned out. The former 3rd round pick is suspended the first 4 games due to PEDs and has contemplated retiring from the game (only to return to the team). While there are a ton of negatives there, he would be cheap and it seems like we are in the market for pass rushing depth since we put in a claim in Ealy.  

As a claim?  Why not.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I wonder what it would take to get Sheldon Richardson. Jets are in full tanking mode. Maybe a 4th? We could release that lazy slob mcgee and pay him off and get somebody better. 

I'd rather release McClain than McGee.

As far as Richardson, I'd probably only give like a 5th.  The dude is on the last year of his deal and wants a mega extension.  

Idea, trade 5th for Richardson, play him for one season, then let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick the next year.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'd rather release McClain than McGee.

As far as Richardson, I'd probably only give like a 5th.  The dude is on the last year of his deal and wants a mega extension.  

Idea, trade 5th for Richardson, play him for one season, then let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick the next year.  

latest?cb=20150418063714

1. We should lock up Cousins long term!

2.Trade for Richardson. Start Richardson at one DE spot & Allen opposite him.

3. We should trade for TJ Ward. Cravens could learn a lot from him.

Hayden hasn't been the same since he tore his ACL (I think that was the injury) a few years ago.

4. We should give Francis the first run at NT

Archived