The "Should We" Thread

MKnight82

Just now, Woz said:

That assumes we won't have to have overpay in March.

I meant in terms of a player/picks. Of course we'll have to give Star a large contract if we sign him in March but we wouldn't have to give up a valuable player we currently have or any picks.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I meant in terms of a player/picks. Of course we'll have to give Star a large contract if we sign him in March but we wouldn't have to give up a valuable player we currently have or any picks.

Let's be fair here: we're giving up picks if we're going for Lotulelei. We don't have a player to give that we'd be willing to part with.

Would depend on the price, and any competent GM would make the final cost dependent on whether Star re-signs or not. I'll leave it to you to determine if that would happen.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Apparently the Browns could cut S Calvin Pryor due to a fight with a teammate.  Possible option to replace Cravens?

They've gotta do something. I'm a big fan of Everett but mostly as a special teamer. But Pryor is awful so I don't know what to think really...

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Apparently the Browns could cut S Calvin Pryor due to a fight with a teammate.  Possible option to replace Cravens?

If this is an isolated issue, I would. His ceiling has got to be higher than McClure. I  (like many) was a big fan of Pryor coming into the draft but his next team will be 3rd in 5 months and there has to be a reason for that. With that said, these are the type of gambles I like. 

6 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

If this is an isolated issue, I would. His ceiling has got to be higher than McClure. I  (like many) was a big fan of Pryor coming into the draft but his next team will be 3rd in 5 months and there has to be a reason for that. With that said, these are the type of gambles I like. 

My guess is that multiple teams will put in a claim for him and we'll likely be too far down the line to win him.  

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

My guess is that multiple teams will put in a claim for him and we'll likely be too far down the line to win him.  

Semantics ? I read he was "released". Any diff than "Waived" ? Maybe released means the highest bidder ? Also he's primarily a free safety from what I read .

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Semantics ? I read he was "released". Any diff than "Waived" ? Maybe released means the highest bidder ? Also he's primarily a free safety from what I read .

Any player with less than 4 years of NFL service is subject to the waiver wire.  Pryor is entering his 4th season, so I believe he has to be put on waivers.  As far as FS/SS, they're pretty much interchangeable nowadays I think.  

On Pryor: he was traded to the Browns in June for Demario Davis. Who? Exactly. He got in one fight with Ricardo Lewis and was cut. While it couldn't hurt to put in a waiver claim, it doesn't look good for Pryor.

17 hours ago, Woz said:

On Pryor: he was traded to the Browns in June for Demario Davis. Who? Exactly. He got in one fight with Ricardo Lewis and was cut. While it couldn't hurt to put in a waiver claim, it doesn't look good for Pryor.

They have Jabril Peppers, who flashed a lot in the preseason that I saw. I think he must have had issues with people on the team or not fit in for them to cut him like that, it can't just be an isolated incident.

Demario Davis is an average starting linebacker in the NFL. Oddly enough, he was drafted or signed as an UDFA by the Jets and then signed with the Browns a few years ago as a free agent. So obviously the Jets knew him and knew that after David Harris was cut that Davis could come in and fill that role so they trades Calvin Pryor for him. They didn't have a need for Pryor after drafting Jamaal Adams and Marcus Maye so the trade for Davis made total sense for them.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, MKnight82 said:

Any player with less than 4 years of NFL service is subject to the waiver wire.  Pryor is entering his 4th season, so I believe he has to be put on waivers.  As far as FS/SS, they're pretty much interchangeable nowadays I think.  

The Jags picked him up.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:14 PM, Woz said:

Let's be fair here: we're giving up picks if we're going for Lotulelei. We don't have a player to give that we'd be willing to part with.

Would depend on the price, and any competent GM would make the final cost dependent on whether Star re-signs or not. I'll leave it to you to determine if that would happen.

No, I meant that if we could wait until March, we could sign him next offseason instead of trading a pick for him now.

You know what, on second thought I don't think he could play NT according to this forum because he only weighs 315 pounds....?????:$O.o

The waiver wire is the dumbest thing in all of football. I hate the way it's operated and I have no idea why teams that are terrible should be continuously rewarded for it? I understand giving them top draft choices but first priority in the waiver wire as well is stupid. Stop rewarding bad teams!

Archived