Top 30 Prospects/Local Visits

jetskid007

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Maccagnan loved to doubt himself about a possibility to beat the odds.   Passed on FA who he thought Jets won't have a shot when the chime of other teams got noise.

Luckily for us Josh Allen is the best fit with the highest upside. Just gotta hope Macc pulls the trigger. 

However it’s why I did more research on QWill because he’s the best player in the draft and Macc is a BPA guy. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Luckily for us Josh Allen is the best fit with the highest upside. Just gotta hope Macc pulls the trigger. 

However it’s why I did more research on QWill because he’s the best player in the draft and Macc is a BPA guy. 

Yeah.   I was kind of wishing that Williams wasn't rated as one of top 5 prospects.  When it happens, that happens.  Unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I feel like Mac will stray away from BPA if he has Q higher than he has Allen.  If he doesn't fix the pass rush and they struggle to generate pressure + we have a bad year as a team, Mac is gone.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I feel like Mac will stray away from BPA if he has Q higher than he has Allen.  If he doesn't fix the pass rush and they struggle to generate pressure + we have a bad year as a team, Mac is gone.

It’s been like this for a while though, Macc seems like a guy who doesn’t audible from his philosophies.

It came to think about 2018 draft.  Maccagnan traded up to #3 expecting to land one of few qbs when Quentin Nelson, Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley were Best non quarterback player available prior to the draft.   I am sure Mayfield and Darnold were ahead of those but was Allen or Rosen ahead of those?

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It came to think about 2018 draft.  Maccagnan traded up to #3 expecting to land one of few qbs when Quentin Nelson, Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley were Best non quarterback player available prior to the draft.   I am sure Mayfield and Darnold were ahead of those but was Allen or Rosen ahead of those?

I don’t think they were ahead but we know he was going QB no matter what. 

54 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t think they were ahead but we know he was going QB no matter what. 

Right, trading up to #3 had nothing to do with BPA strategy.  It was the positional target so is Edge a positional target for Jets this month?

2018 top qb

Mayfield- BPA

Darnold- BPA

Allen- Positional need

Rosen- Positional need.

2019 top Edge

Bosa- BPA

Allen- BPA

Ferrell- Positional need

Burns- Positional need

what do you think?

40 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Manish tweeted we’re meeting with Jalen Hurd, Baylor WR former Tennessee RB. 

Dudes highlight reel is really nice, seems like an OW(offensive weapon) who can line up in multiple spots. 

Hurd has strong work ethic.  Thank god he ran 4.66 on Pro Day. lol. He claimed he was 4.4 guy but I think he is a 4.5 guy.   He played WR spot for one season so with some time he can overrun everyone.   Many pundits suggest slot is the best position for him but I hope he can do outside so he and Big Q can exchange each other to create mis match for defense.

Hurd is interesting considering Gase seemed to trend towards the shorter faster shiftier WR types.  Hurd is a huge target and not shifty or fast so it's totally different from his norm.

I'd be ok with a 6'5" 225 lb slot WR though.  Red Zone mismatch anyone?

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hurd is interesting considering Gase seemed to trend towards the shorter faster shiftier WR types.  Hurd is a huge target and not shifty or fast so it's totally different from his norm.

Gase only needs one type of that and he already has Jamison Crowder.  Plan B?   UDFA or late round pick would do the trick.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hurd is unique in that he’s a RAC guy in a big WR body. He’s the perfect chess piece for this team.

If my list is correct, we're up to 23 visits. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, jetskid007 said:

Top 30 Prospect Visits

• DL Quinnen Williams 
  • S Johnathan Abram
  • iOL Erik McCoy
  • CB Amani Oruwariye
  • DL Immanuel Turner
  • DL Ed Oliver
  • OT Yodney Cajuste
  • EDGE Ben Banogu
  • DB Ugo Amadi
  • DE Shareef Miller
  • DT Albert Huggins
  • WR Jalen Hurd
  • WR Terry McLaurin
  • CB Sean Bunting
  • TE Noah Fant 
  • CB Justin Layne 
  • OL Connor McGovern
  • RB David Montgomery
  • DE Nick Bosa 
  • DE Jachia Polite 
  • RB Lexington Thomas 
  • OL Jonah Williams

Local Prospect Visits 

• EDGE Josh Allen
  • DE Rashan Gary
  • QB Jacob Dolegala
  • WR Reggie White Jr

If my list is correct, we're up to 22 official "top 30" visits, with 2 local visits who are expected to be top 10 picks. Fairly interesting crop as a lot of these names are likely 2nd round players 

Archived