When did you fall in love with football?

Kiwibrown

To be on this site you have to love football, or at least have a love hate relationship with it. 

How did it start for you? 

For football it was watching the rams vs the titans superbowl, it was one of the first games I saw and it was fantastic. 

For the browns it was madden 1999 my bro and i would turn that team around. Then we would watch their highlights on sports centre. And their drafts, and then in recent years their games. I have missed 1 game in the last two years. 

The browns have been a team, that is like an abusive relationship, all take and no give. Hopefully it has turnt around. 

I've always enjoyed watching all sports, even watching Kabbadi on Channel 4 on a Saturday morning, but never really understood NFL.

When my son was born in September 6 years ago I was doing the night feeds and the games were on. It got to a point where I couldn't wait to feed him at 1am so I could watch.

I spent my life training to be a Browns fan. There are real parallels with my football team, West Ham, and I fell for them right away.

It was awful watching their games though. Then about 18 months ago another West Ham fan of the Browns told me about this place. It took forever for me to be approved, they must do a deep background check.

Edited by Mega Ron
Cos I can't spell
  • Like 3

My uncle and my dad are huge 49er fans so it kind runs in the blood. I got extremely into football playing Madden especially franchise mode. I thought I could build a better team then most GMs when I was 12 lol. Basically the year niners drafted Patrick Willis and joe Staley was the first NFL draft I ever watched and I fell I love with it. This is why NFL draft is still my favorite event.

Edited by 49erurtaza

I was a Browns fan as a kid prior to the move to Baltimore but I wasn't deeply into it at the time. Then, I remember watching the expansion Browns take Couch in the '99 draft and became deeply invested in the new Browns ever since.

• Like 1

1999/2000, sometime that season. Just starting high school, and some friends were talking about it. Decided to give it a go - it was snowy conditions, and I remember hearing the QB screaming his cadence - and I was hooked. Mesmerised. 

To this day, QB cadence is one of my fav things about the sport. Fires me up, for some reason.

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

I was a Browns fan as a kid prior to the move to Baltimore but I wasn't deeply into it at the time. Then, I remember watching the expansion Browns take Couch in the '99 draft and became deeply invested in the new Browns ever since.

Pretty much the same for me.

I watched games with my dad when the old Browns were around, but I was more or less a typical kid.  Once they came back I was in high school and I became a “real” fan.