When did you fall in love with football?

Kiwibrown

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So that's the hole you find in my story? Like there has been football in Cleveland for the last 25 years.

There has been - I mean, it's played by the Steelers, Ravens and that one year by the Bengals - but it's there.

6 hours ago, megatechpc said:

*When did I fall OUT of love with football (specifically the NFL)???

2 hours ago, CKS97 said:

When Did I fall out of love with football?

Not sure if you two read the question correctly...

Mid 90s Brett Favre. I was 11 years old when they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Loved the Pack for the next few years, and cried when the Niners beat them in the playoffs (Rice fumble no call).

My Dad has been a Rams fan since the 60s. When the team moved to STL, we were coming back from a vacation and watched training camp, got some autographs. I started to like the Rams a little. Then in 1998 I'll never forget - Vikings at Rams. He took me to a sports bar to watch it. Vikings ended up going  15-1 that year, Rams weren't good. But we only lost 38-31 and Tony Banks was stopped at the 2 yard line trying to tie the game. Bruce had an 80 yard TD catch, Kennison a punt return TD. I was hooked on the Rams at that point.

I watched casually growing up, often because we only had one tv for a large chunk of my childhood. But I remember in my 1st game in the summer before 7th grade (youngest we could play) we won huge. I had a few catches and runs, one TD and both gave and received a big hit. After that game I was hooked.

So 2000 is when I caught the bug, and got to catch it just in time to catch Urlacher's rookie year.

I saw the odd game here and there since childhood, but when the Denver Broncos and the helicopter guy (who I later knew as John Elway) struck down the evil Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, I was hooked. They stared down the barrel of a 4th-quarter Favre comeback and stopped it cold, which I didn't think anyone could do. And when fall rolled around, the Vikings' 1998 season became must-see entertainment. I've loved football ever since. I don't care about gambling, fantasy teams, or any of that stuff. I watch for love of the game itself and respect for the guys who are tough enough to play it.

Combination of things led to my interest in Football.  I discovered Madden, specifically the Ray Lewis cover version on the Gamecube.  Being able to do franchise mode and build a team really got me interested in the draft.  Also playing the game helped my understanding of the positions and playcalling, etc.  The second thing was Joe Gibbs return to the Redskins, which coincided with the Redskins drafting Sean Taylor who was just a really fun player to watch on the field.  

Not even the Redskins are stupid enough, to trade a 1st for Rosen right now. (And that's saying something)

Not with Haskins & Lock starring them in the face at the moment or a Daniel Jones as a worst case scenario.

The ONLY reason the Cards are gonna get a 2nd rounder for Rosen, is because he's dirt cheap right now. The Cards have paid out his bonus money.

The Redskins have a gazillion dollars tide up in Alex Smith.

Case Keenum is a bridge QB at best & Rosen is a Franchise caliber player who is young. 

So to the Redskins, he's worth a 2nd & some change. Even if he sits & holds a clipboard. 

But the Skins are his best shot at starting THIS season & he knows it.

Cause you know he won't in New England.

And Eli will never get benched. It got their last coach fired.

Chargers? Yeah, like Rivers is not gonna start.

If Rosen wants to play, the Redskins are his best shot. And that's not even 100%.

I'm staying with my prediction.

Our #44 and a player

Like say TE Jordan Reed

Rumor is it's a 2nd & a mid rounder in 2020 as far as the offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Patriots 1966. My uncle had season tickets and no one would go with him so he took me. My 1st game was against Vikings at Harvard stadium. Joe Kapp and they had Chuck Foreman.

I fell in love with the draft before they had draft show. My Uncle would sit with friend and listen to AM radio they would listen for the NYG and the news would say who was picked. Year or two Later.

Than ESPN brought in this pimple ( Mel Kiper) faced teenager for a joke. Hey kid get out here. the kid was dead serous and Berman was laughing. I was awe, I loved it so did others. It amazing what they now do with the draft.

Mel is the GODFATHER of the draft. If you love the draft you can thank Mel for so much Football joy.

PS  young Pats fans have no idea how bad the Pats were back in the 60's

The team I watched mostly was the Giants . The Pats  had no fans (  but me)  so they wouldn't be on TV!!!

Archived