Raiders sign Isaiah Crowell

agarcia34

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

no way Gruden and Mayock aren't wheeling and dealing come draft

Agreed. Gruden is going to know when to move down and when it's appropriate to move up. He can gauge the board and will likely know who teams covet. I am much more confident this draft that when Gruden was at the helm.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed. Gruden is going to know when to move down and when it's appropriate to move up. He can gauge the board and will likely know who teams covet. I am much more confident this draft that when Gruden was at the helm.

If Bosa and Williams are off the board I hope that we move down and add another 2nd or 3rd round pick. We can fill a lot of holes in the draft if we play our cards right. 

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

The cop pic was aimed at a few bad people not a whole occupation. But he realized you can't just post a general meme and think it would be taken that way. Apologized and took it down.

As for the wiping *** celebration. It was toward the Browns fans that were booing him after the team let him leave in free agency. I don't think that qualifies you as an ahole.

Eh pretty poor taste celebration if u ask me. All for fun and celebrations but there is still a certain level of professionalism. He has shown some poor judgement thats all. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Nice upgrade over Martin, but I hope we are not done at the position. Even if it's adding someone in the 4th round or later.

I disagree that Crowell is an upgrade over Martin. Martin really gets underrated for how well he played last year. He looked especially explosive and quick within the first 10 yards. He also finished his runs with power and was a factor in the passing game. His main deficiencies were the fumbles and his inability to make guys miss in the open field. Otherwise, he was better than the replacement level back I expect Crowell to be.

I'm really rooting for the Raiders to draft Josh Jacobs next month either way.

16 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree that Crowell is an upgrade over Martin. Martin really gets underrated for how well he played last year. He looked especially explosive and quick within the first 10 yards. He also finished his runs with power and was a factor in the passing game. His main deficiencies were the fumbles and his inability to make guys miss in the open field. Otherwise, he was better than the replacement level back I expect Crowell to be.

Crowell better all day!

25 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Crowell > Martin. Crowell averaged 4.8 on a team with a Rookie QB who was bad and zero receivers. 

As for Jacobs, we’re in the same boat. Except you want him at 24 and I want him at 35. I’ll take the risk and let him fall to me. If he goes 25-34 (doubt it) I still get Bryce Love or Devine Ozigbo in the 4th and can draft a RB in the 1st next year which is a much better RB class. Najee Harris will destroy college football this year. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Crowell > Martin. Crowell averaged 4.8 on a team with a Rookie QB who was bad and zero receivers. 

Zeke only averaged 4.7 yards a carry on a team with a better offensive line, quarterback, defense, receivers, coach, etc. I guess Crowell>Zeke. I thought in 2019 the YPC argument was dead.

The only trait that Crowell has over Martin is long speed. Crowell does not have the same change of direction, burst, or power that Martin showed last year.

Edited by Rich7sena