Raiders sign Isaiah Crowell

agarcia34

5 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

This is the best offseason so far in sooooooo long I love what the new front office is doing. Excellent signing in an area of extreme need. Maybe we won’t have to suffer multiple fumbles a game now by our rb 

We've signed a lot of guys just now entering their prime with something to prove. Crowell, Williams, Nelson, Burfict, Marshall, and Joyner are all 26-29 and have played at a high level in the past. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle this year and compete for a playoff spot. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Eh pretty poor taste celebration if u ask me. All for fun and celebrations but there is still a certain level of professionalism. He has shown some poor judgement thats all. 

I just don't think that warrants the ahole title, that's all. I've done a few things in my life that I look back on and say, " man, bad call. The emotions got the best of me in the moment but not an excuse."

I think an ahole is someone that continues to hurt people and be selfish and not be accountable. I don't see that pattern with him.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've signed a lot of guys just now entering their prime with something to prove. Crowell, Williams, Nelson, Burfict, Marshall, and Joyner are all 26-29 and have played at a high level in the past. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle this year and compete for a playoff spot. 

I like the moves so far, as this is our best offseason as far back as I can remember.  So far Mayock's philosophy on how to build a long term winning team is right on par with what I would have done if I were a GM.  These moves are all Mayock and I applaud him for the job he has done so far but his work is not done, now it is time to nail the draft. 

I would not jump the gun and throw the word playoffs around, we still have a long way to go as we have zero pass rush still which is a killer to a team defense.  As our team stands right now if we could be 8-8 that would be fantastic.  

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I like the moves so far, as this is our best offseason as far back as I can remember.  So far Mayock's philosophy on how to build a long term winning team is right on par with what I would have done if I were a GM.  These moves are all Mayock and I applaud him for the job he has done so far but his work is not done, now it is time to nail the draft. 

I would not jump the gun and throw the word playoffs around, we still have a long way to go as we have zero pass rush still which is a killer to a team defense.  As our team stands right now if we could be 8-8 that would be fantastic.  

8-8 or 9-7 and we could sneak into the postseason. We still have a lot of assets to improve our pass rush. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was think the same thing earlier today. Adding also Glennon, Lawson and Mauro to the guys you mentioned, all of them are on 1 years prove it deals or deals we can get out of easily before we head to Vegas. Only the Browns (Trent and AB) are here for sure in 2020.

This team either puts up or looks very different going into Vegas. The plan is obviously to compete as much as possible but still build thru the draft so the success can be sustainable. Best case scenario is all the signings ball out and we make a run this year closing out our time in Oakland and we have the luxury of either resigning guys to come to the new digs or we can get into comp pick territory.

It's something I don't want to think about much but that goes for Carr too. We can cut him next offseason and save 16mil in cap but this aspect should go in the Carr thread :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

8-8 or 9-7 and we could sneak into the postseason. We still have a lot of assets to improve our pass rush. 

Such as what?  There isn't much left in FA and who know's what edge rushers will be there when we pick and who knows if the ones we do select will be good players of busts.  

We have a lot of draft capital but will be putting a lot on these rookies to step in right away and be major contributors.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Such as what?  There isn't much left in FA and who know's what edge rushers will be there when we pick and who knows if the ones we do select will be good players of busts.  

We have a lot of draft capital but will be putting a lot on these rookies to step in right away and be major contributors.  

This edge class is nuts. Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Ferrell, Polite, and Winovich in the 2nd. We could cone away with two of these guys. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This edge class is nuts. Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Ferrell, Polite, and Winovich in the 2nd. We could cone away with two of these guys. 

While I agree that on paper it looks like a good class but in the NFL that means nothing.  Let's see who we draft but I will say that if we can draft (realistically bc I think Bosa will be gone) Allen at 4 and Ferrell at 24 I would be ver pleased.  

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sweat and Ferrell would be nice, both guys fit well in Gunther's system and are good against the run and pass. 

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's a good think we have 3 1st rd pick. Those are the kind of guys you expect to be getting a good number of snaps if not starting.

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's a good think we have 3 1st rd pick. Those are the kind of guys you expect to be getting a good number of snaps if not starting.

Getting snaps and being a good player, good contributor are 2 different things.  Plenty of busts who have looked good in college so thinking that the 4 players we select will be annual pro bowlers is ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Getting snaps and being a good player, good contributor are 2 different things.  Plenty of busts who have looked good in college so thinking that the 4 players we select will be annual pro bowlers is ridiculous.  

I agree with both of you, but Mayock has instilled a lot of confidence in his decision making and ability to fill roster holes early on. This all while being a "green draft guru". The draft is one of the last things im worried about screwing up at this point. Probably blind faith but I imagine we'll get a number of big contributors this draft. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree with both of you, but Mayock has instilled a lot of confidence in his decision making and ability to fill roster holes early on. This all while being a "green draft guru". The draft is one of the last things im worried about screwing up at this point. Probably blind faith but I imagine we'll get a number of big contributors this draft. 

I'm optimistic that we will but we won't know for sure what we have for a few years.  

Archived