Raiders sign Isaiah Crowell

agarcia34

I like this signing. Mainly because of the numbers and it means we don't have to draft a RB high, gives us flexibility. I don't think he's going to be a Pro Bowler or anything but he should be able to match the production of Martin but hopefully with added ball security - Martin played pretty well for us last year though the crucial fumbles killed us at times. Lynch is probably a touch better than either but will no doubt command a lot more $$ so I'm hoping we add Holyfield in the draft to rotate in. Richard could be a big part of the plans this year I feel as the versatile/receiver back.

51 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I like this signing. Mainly because of the numbers and it means we don't have to draft a RB high, gives us flexibility. I don't think he's going to be a Pro Bowler or anything but he should be able to match the production of Martin but hopefully with added ball security - Martin played pretty well for us last year though the crucial fumbles killed us at times. Lynch is probably a touch better than either but will no doubt command a lot more $$ so I'm hoping we add Holyfield in the draft to rotate in. Richard could be a big part of the plans this year I feel as the versatile/receiver back.

I think Hoyfield pretty much put himself into the UDFA pool with those 40 times...would def add him as a priority UDFA

52 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wasn't the Jets OL terrible last season? Plus they had a rookie QB and no weapons around him in the passing game. Assuming our OL improves next year he should be at least average for us next year. 

I don't know how good he will be.  He should at least be serviceable.  Can't remember where I saw this, but it was talking about a 3rd of his production was in the Denver game last year. Without that game his stats were pedestrian.

128 att 466 yds 3.6 ypc 5 td

Denver game:

15 att 219 yds 14.6 ypc  1 td

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

I think Hoyfield pretty much put himself into the UDFA pool with those 40 times...would def add him as a priority UDFA

He certainly didn't help himself! The thing is I think he's one of those guys where he runs just as fast with pads on so the 40 time can be misleading. He's not a home run threat every time he has the ball but he's produced against some very decent teams and feel his game will translate, I'd take a chance on him if he's there in the 6th round. 

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He certainly didn't help himself! The thing is I think he's one of those guys where he runs just as fast with pads on so the 40 time can be misleading. He's not a home run threat every time he has the ball but he's produced against some very decent teams and feel his game will translate, I'd take a chance on him if he's there in the 6th round. 

Yeah he can be had late and can still play. I have my own favorites in this draft, but the late value at WR/RB is good.

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I wouldn't be too mad about him as a late rounder, but would much rather picks him up from UDFA pool and use the pick elsewhere...

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

I wouldn't be too mad about him as a late rounder, but would much rather picks him up from UDFA pool and use the pick elsewhere...

I guess that would be an option and in a perfect world save the draft picks as you say but of course you'd be competing with other teams and I think he'll still get drafted on his resume and film. I'd want to guarantee getting him, really like him as a prospect and the 40 time will allow us to get him late I feel so he's probably better than almost any other 6th or 7th rounder we could get IMHO.

Archived