Raiders sign LB Brandon Marshall

agarcia34

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Looking at the LBs, it looks like we made the moves to bring in 2 vets to bring our young LBs along and learn the system (Trashcan Burficit) and how to be NFL pros (Marshall). I wouldn't count out getting a young stud like White or Bush in that room to learn as well. Draft is gonna be interesting.

That is a good point, I like the Marshall signing. Liked him a lot at Denver and he's pretty good in coverage if I recall. As you say, we have a guy who knows the system inside out and a guy who knows what it takes to win. I do like Morrow and Cabinda also as youngsters with potential, maybe one of them will step up this year too.

2 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

If we are trading up, I want it to be for Bosa. We would probably have to give up #35 though.

I think it will be for Bosa and I think it will take 4/27 and our 4th but might be worth it because it's such a need...I'd almost rather wait to see what's on the board at 4 or what's offered in a trade down if the top 3 (Q, Bosa, Allen)are gone. Trading down a few picks and getting 2 DE's would also be a solid move. I trust Mayock's judgement and hope Gruden does when we're on the clock...

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That is a good point, I like the Marshall signing. Liked him a lot at Denver and he's pretty good in coverage if I recall. As you say, we have a guy who knows the system inside out and a guy who knows what it takes to win. I do like Morrow and Cabinda also as youngsters with potential, maybe one of them will step up this year too.

I think that is the point to these signings along with Whitehead. LB, believe it or not, is the one position on the team that has promise in terms of young talent. All 3 guys (Morrow, Lee and Cabinda) could be something if they continue to develop. They aren't gonna be pro bowlers but that can be starters that fit our system imo if they learn, grow, buy in and step up.

Now this doesn't mean we don't try to upgrade in the draft or that I think they are can't miss guys that showed a ton and should start. I would welcome White or Bush or even Pratt. I just can't look at another spot and say hey we have a stable of guys on rookie deals that can contribute if things go right.

8 hours ago, G said:

I think it will be for Bosa and I think it will take 4/27 and our 4th but might be worth it because it's such a need...I'd almost rather wait to see what's on the board at 4 or what's offered in a trade down if the top 3 (Q, Bosa, Allen)are gone. Trading down a few picks and getting 2 DE's would also be a solid move. I trust Mayock's judgement and hope Gruden does when we're on the clock...

I flip flop every day about wanting to sell to get Bosa and wanting to just take Gary or Ferrell with the 4th and wanting to be aggressive in trading down to get 2 of the edge guys. I just want to wake up tomorrow and its draft day daminit!

11 hours ago, G said:

Solid signing. If Murray goes #1 I think we're looking good. If not I'm thinking we're trading up with SF...

I don't know why we would want Kyler Murray.  5'10" and considering he's so short that measurement may be a stretch....like they don't lie about height.  9.5" hands.  I'm not the least bit impressed.  Remember, the draft is a crap shoot.

20 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I don't know why we would want Kyler Murray.  

Because he's a damn good QB prospect. His height and awkward interviews are the only question marks. He's got a good arm, accurate, amazing athleticism, good leader, can throw from multiple platforms, has a high football IQ, etc.

Sure he's small but that didn't stop him from destroying top D's and won't from NFL D's. He is not an RG3/Jackson/Vick run first QB. He is a good thrower who can run exceptionally well.

8 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I don't know why we would want Kyler Murray.  5'10" and considering he's so short that measurement may be a stretch....like they don't lie about height.  9.5" hands.  I'm not the least bit impressed.  Remember, the draft is a crap shoot.

I don't want Murray especially with a trade up. Bosa is the trade up IMO. Murray going #1 means  Bosa, Allen or Q with no trade. If Murray isn't 1 then we will probably need to trade up with SF to get a DE. Though Bosa or Ferrell and Lawrence. Reaching @4 worries me if the 3 mentioned aren't there but I've got about 37 players that would be worth our later picks so...Will be an interesting draft to say the least. Then in Vegas we will have 1/1/3/3 and anything we can get this draft with trading down.

11 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I just want to wake up tomorrow and its draft day daminit!

Soon and also possible a team trades their franchised DE when were on the clock. Looking at you Jerry Jones...

Archived