Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles

.Buzz

4 hours ago, Danger said:

At worst I see this as a lateral move from Ajayii, with less likelihood of being injured and possibly more upside. He isn't a factor in the passing game unfortunately, that's the biggest negative about him.

Ajayi without the knees built for light racquetball at the Y

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know he wasnt a fit but there had to have been a better market for him still right? He might be a 2-down back but a conditional 6th is nothing

Another thing that would have to be considered, what does this say about the trade market for Duke Johnson? I can't see any way that the Browns move Duke now.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Another thing that would have to be considered, what does this say about the trade market for Duke Johnson? I can't see any way that the Browns move Duke now.

Maybe in this NFL a pass catching 3rd down back like Duke actually has more value? Idk considering teams will spend a 3rd/4th round pick on a scat back

• Like 1

One of the big things he’ll bring to the table  is short yardage conversion. The Eagles were absolutely garbage converting third and shorts / fourth and shorts last year. We all know how much Doug Pederson likes to go for it on fourth down.

I think it is a great deal and he will likely do ,much better with the Eagles. He is not the best back and had some drop off but he can bounce back easily. They will still draft a RB so even if he doesn't they will have insurance. 

Bears averaged 4.78 yards per play in the five most frecuently used lineups in which Howard was used 

In the five most frecuently used lineups in which Howard was not used, they averaged 6.8 yards per play

Even more telling was in passing game, when they averaged 7 yards per pass play without Howard and 4.92 with him 

He is what he is, a 3.7 ypc RB.