Bears trade Howard to the Eagles

beardown3231

Love it.

• According to NFGSIS, the team averaged 4.78 yards per play in the five most frequently used lineups in which Howard was used.
  • In the five most-used lineups that didn’t include Howard, they averaged 6.8 yards per play.
  • The big difference came in the passing game, where they averaged 7 yards per pass play without Howard and 4.92 with him.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Horrible, ridiculous, idiotic trade. 

Nothing for this year, even? Worst move Pace has made as Bears GM, by far. 

You got to take what you can get. We got an asset for a player that we had no intention of keeping and that was a bad fit.

He wasn't good last season. He is a poor scheme fit and he has declined the last 3 years.

My only frustration is that we did not get a 2019 pick. The Bears could have really used a 2019 pick for him.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You got to take what you can get. We got an asset for a player that we had no intention of keeping and that was a bad fit.

He wasn't good last season. He is a poor scheme fit and he has declined the last 3 years.

My only frustration is that we did not get a 2019 pick. The Bears could have really used a 2019 pick for him.

He could have got a 2019 pick for Howard. I'm positive of that. Probably a higher pick, as well. He would have had to roll the dice at the draft, but simply didn't want to. Terrible move. Not just the compensation, but the move itself. It will haunt the team--watch and see. The only hope now is that it doesn't haunt much

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

What did you expect, though? Nagy clearly told him Howard wasn't a fit for what he wanted to do, so Pace got something for him. It's a great move and clearly there wasn't a budding market for him.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Trading a RB who's going into his final year and who stinks for a 6th round pick is worse than the Glennon signing? White pick? Demps signing? Yeah sure

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

He could have got a 2019 pick for Howard. I'm positive of that. Probably a higher pick, as well. He would have had to roll the dice at the draft, but simply didn't want to. Terrible move. Not just the compensation, but the move itself. It will haunt the team--watch and see. The only hope now is that it doesn't haunt much

Wait, you think Pace could've gotten a higher pick and one in 2019 at that? So what, you think he intentionally took less? For what reason? Ah ha, Pace is trying to sabotage the organization!! I mean, you do know how dumb that sounds, right?

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If he could have he would have gotten a 2019 pick. I love people after a trade that act like the GM didn't even ask for more.

The league told you how they valued Howard.

How will it haunt them?

Just now, G08 said:

What did you expect, though? Nagy clearly told him Howard wasn't a fit for what he wanted to do, so Pace got something for him. It's a great move and clearly there wasn't a budding market for him.

Is it worth getting rid of him for that compensation, though? He didn't exactly have a big salary. Nor, in my opinion, demonstrate he was unworthy of a roster spot. 

I also expected a higher pick, if he was to be traded. And I think that would have happened if Pace wasn't in a "wash my hands" kind of mode. 

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

The worse move would be burying him on the bench and getting nothing for him in the end.

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Is it worth getting rid of him for that compensation, though? He didn't exactly have a big salary. Nor, in my opinion, demonstrate he was unworthy of a roster spot. 

I also expected a higher pick, if he was to be traded. And I think that would have happened if Pace wasn't in a "wash my hands" kind of mode. 

Yeah man, it's better than not using him and getting nothing in return. Plus his salary jumped up to $2M+ this season so we've got even more space now.

Archived