Eagles acquire Jordan Howard from Bears

DeJack_10

Sorry but there is No downside whatsoever to this Trade. Howard was a Horrible fit in Nagy's offense, period. 

Unlike Nagy, Pederson has shown the ability to adapt playcalling  to fit his players aka Ajayi and Blount. Howard when healthy is better then both or at minimum on Par with Ajayi. 

Howard like every RB on the Roster will never be the Bell Cow as a Eagle. He will have a role depending  on matchup where in most games he gets 8-15 touches and every once and a blue moon if on fire,  force fed 20-25.

Great Addition "If indeed healthy"!

Meh, I’ll wait and see if Doug can rescue Howard from obscurity but he was completely pedestarian at best last year. Yes, great value but if he’s expected to be our workhouse (1200-1300 yards), I’m not real confident in the decision. 

It’s way better than what we have and a way better decision than drafting a 1st round RB so I’m on board. All he has to be is an average back and we win this trade. Which I’m confident he can be. Focus our 1st rounder on DL and still find a Mike and Howie has fulfilled the prophecy. 

Didn't  realize.....

The 24-year-old Howard was selected in the fifth round (150th overall pick) of the 2016 NFL Draft out of Indiana. Vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas was the Bears' director of college scouting when Howard was drafted.

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh, I’ll wait and see if Doug can rescue Howard from obscurity but he was completely pedestarian at best last year. Yes, great value but if he’s expected to be our workhouse (1200-1300 yards), I’m not real confident in the decision. 

It’s way better than what we have and a way better decision than drafting a 1st round RB so I’m on board. All he has to be is an average back and we win this trade. Which I’m confident he can be. Focus our 1st rounder on DL and still find a Mike and Howie has fulfilled the prophecy. 

What really killed us last season with him on the field was 276 touches and only 10 explosive plays.

Also, this means Ajayi walks. Which means we’ll cancel out a lower comp pick of FAs. It’ll push Hicks comp up and we’ll gain a 4th. So, once Ajayi signs, basically any type of deal, we’ll have a total of a 3rd and 2 4ths coming back to us next year. So far anyway. Timmy, Wallace and Wiz still up for pickup. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What really killed us last season with him on the field was 276 touches and only 10 explosive plays.

Had him on a big time fantasy team of mine and routinely disappointed. Cohen was obviously your splash play back which maybe contributed him to being just a 2 down RB but the few times I actually watched him he was very underwhelming. But, as I said, if he’s just an average back (4.2 ypc), he’ll be fine in this offense. Howie needs to get us a dynamic 3rd down back still. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

How many touches and explosive plays the year before Nagy got there? Curious?

I am not sure, but it has never been his strong suit.

The numbers for his first 2 years are a little misleading. Our offense was horrible, our team was brutal.

Jordan Howard is a very good outside zone runner. 

John Fox for his first 2 years ran outside zone left, outside zone right, outside zone over and over again. There was a game where we threw 7 passes. Howard's numbers were big and we scored 14 points a game and went 8-24 with the least creative and dynamic offense ever.

I have faith in him being a value for the Eagles, because you gave up little, and Pederson has shown he can really us a RBBC approach and limit a guy like Howard's exposure in situations he won't be successful.

This is a no-brainer.
He picks the right holes and has enough wiggle at the line, not like McCoy, but one cut and go.
He won't get you a breakaway TD often, but there will be a bunch of 2nd-and-2's.

I wanted him (or Perkins) over Smallwood in 2016, but they went earlier in the round.
Now maybe the experts will stop mocking Jacobs to the Eagles in the first.
The draft will be about the lines with maybe a WR early.

1 hour ago, furti said:

I think this is a great trade. 

Worst case he disappoints for a 2020 6th rounder and then goes the next year.

I am just sad Ajayi leaves with this probably. 

Liked Jay, but he was broken and it was just getting worse. 
He will help us out with the comp pick formula and essentially "get us Howard for nothing"

Archived