Eagles acquire Jordan Howard from Bears

DeJack_10

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure, but it has never been his strong suit.

The numbers for his first 2 years are a little misleading. Our offense was horrible, our team was brutal.

Jordan Howard is a very good outside zone runner. 

John Fox for his first 2 years ran outside zone left, outside zone right, outside zone over and over again. There was a game where we threw 7 passes. Howard's numbers were big and we scored 14 points a game and went 8-24 with the least creative and dynamic offense ever.

I have faith in him being a value for the Eagles, because you gave up little, and Pederson has shown he can really us a RBBC approach and limit a guy like Howard's exposure in situations he won't be successful.

I’m sure he can run our many variations of trap. Straight downhill. The fact he was sent to a playoff team for peanuts he will likely have a little extrea encouragement this season. Add contract year. Barring injury (knock MF knock) I expect a good season

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Had him on a big time fantasy team of mine and routinely disappointed. Cohen was obviously your splash play back which maybe contributed him to being just a 2 down RB but the few times I actually watched him he was very underwhelming. But, as I said, if he’s just an average back (4.2 ypc), he’ll be fine in this offense. Howie needs to get us a dynamic 3rd down back still. 

yeah a solid chance we'll end up with the 3rd, two 4's and a 7th. 

I refuse to get excited over this. We don't pound the rock 35 times a game, 20-25 with one player, which is as far as I'm aware, when Howard had his success. I'm sitting over here cautiously optimistic, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I see this as most likely another 1 year rental  

59 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah a solid chance we'll end up with the 3rd, two 4's and a 7th. 

I only real hope is that Wiz gets a decent contact from someone. Otherwise, looks like the other guys will just get one year, prove it deals. Ajayi, Wallace, Jernigan. 

Still, would like to bring Timmy back and draft a DT 1st or 2nd round. That would set the middle up extremely well. 

25 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Absolutely. I think he's perfect for the ajayi/blount role. Bears fans are being alil rough on the kid.  He reminds me of what most of us want in a RB.  He's philly built

I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured like Ajayi, I know they have similair running styles. I wasn't sure if he had any past injuries as well. I also though he was 2 years older lol, 24 Years old, makes it an even better steal. 

58 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured like Ajayi, I know they have similair running styles. I wasn't sure if he had any past injuries as well. I also though he was 2 years older lol, 24 Years old, makes it an even better steal. 

Howard has only missed 1 game in his career so far

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I don't believe he's had any big injuries in college and NFL.

Yeah 24 years old is sweet. Could end up here longterm or maybe get a good comp pick for him if he plays well and leaves

im book marking this thread for all of your ungrateful reactions to this amazing trade.Total yards he's 3rd in the past three years behind zeke and gurley and we got him for a conditional 6th! GTFOH if you dont agrree there is value there.. 

regardless of his decline (can 3 seasons of consecutive 900 yard seasons be considered a decline?), the man has talent to succeed in the NFL

The Bears might miss Howard, who set the franchise's rookie rushing record with 1,313 yards in 2016. The back also reached 2,000 rushing yards faster (24 games) than Walter Payton and Gale Sayers. Since entering the league, Howard has the third-most rushing yards of any running back in the league (3,370), just behind Ezekiel Elliott (4,048) and Todd Gurley (3,441).

Archived