Kenny Clark new deal coming?

Golfman

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There is one player over 310 pounds who had more sacks than Kenny Clark last year.  Just one.  Akiem Hicks for the Bears, and he had 1.5 more sacks than Clark did.  You think if Clark had Khalil Mack rushing from the EDGE he might have lucked into a couple more sacks?

I'm working on that for ya right now :)

If we extended him now with new money the 15-18 would probably be 12-15 average. Every year we wait the price tag likely goes up.

I'd give him a 4- year extension worth 60 - 72 right now. You can spread a chunk of that over the next two years where he's only going to make roughly 12 million total. That would keep him here for six more years. 

Edited by Golfman

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

If we extended him now with new money the 15-18 would probably be 12-15 average. Every year we wait the price tag likely goes up.

I'd give him a 4- year extension worth 60 - 72 right now. You can spread a lot of it over the next two years where he's only going to make roughly 12 million. That would keep him here for six more years. 

If we extend him before his 5th year option, that year does not get added to the deal. If we extend him for 4 years now, he will be here for 5 seasons. 

Clark turns 24 in October, I have no issue extending him for a bit longer. 4 year extension would have him play through his age 28 season, though of course the last year or two probably has no dead money and we can extend again if necessary. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

If we extend him before his 5th year option, that year does not get added to the deal. If we extend him for 4 years now, he will be here for 5 seasons. 

Clark turns 24 in October, I have no issue extending him for a bit longer. 4 year extension would have him play through his age 28 season, though of course the last year or two probably has no dead money and we can extend again if necessary. 

Good point. So extend him for 5 years for 75-90 right now. I think we've still got a few cuts left of some dead wood so we do have room. Tramon comes to mind. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Good point. So extend him for 5 years for 75-90 right now. I think we've still got a few cuts left of some dead wood so we do have room. Tramon comes to mind. 

Don't think the Tramon cut is happening. His cap savings went down this year when we paid him his $1m bonus a couple weeks ago, and in a recent comment Pettine or Gute, I forget who, said they view him as a corner first. Probably means the intend to keep him around this year

Just now, JBURGE said:

Don't think the Tramon cut is happening. His cap savings went down this year when we paid him his $1m bonus a couple weeks ago, and in a recent comment Pettine or Gute, I forget who, said they view him as a corner first. Probably means the intend to keep him around this year

That means he's our 4th CB at best and maybe 5th. Lot of money for a guy who won't play much. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

That means he's our 4th CB at best and maybe 5th. Lot of money for a guy who won't play much. 

I’ll bet, barring his own injury, he plays snaps in every game. When was the last season we DIDN’T see our 4th or even our 5th corner on the field more than we wanted to? King and Jaire will probably both be injured at some point. And we don’t know if Josh Jackson can play yet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It was both MLF and Gutey who talked on Tramon from my memory of the owners meting

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I’ll bet, barring his own injury, he plays snaps in every game. When was the last season we DIDN’T see our 4th or even our 5th corner on the field more than we wanted to? King and Jaire will probably both be injured at some point. And we don’t know if Josh Jackson can play yet. 

What percentage do you think he plays? He's not good any longer that is the point. It's a spot on the roster we should be looking to upgrade. 

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You're not wrong. Our corner room as a whole is pretty cheap though even including Tramon. For the secondary we are 22nd in the league by cap hit, and 24th at corner with Tramon listed as a CB. If they feel that Tramon can help with stability and coaching considering we are losing a prominent secondary coach, I guess I see it. Either way, I expected Tramon to be cut before his bonus paid like most of us.