Predict a projected Day 1, Day 2 & Day 3 player the Skins will draft.

9 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Are you sold on Greedy? I watched him in two games and the combine- thought he’s at best a number 2 cb, tight hips, and terrible footwork. My sample size isn’t very large but based on what I saw he’s a fourth round guy who’s going to get way over drafted. 

Greedy seems like a pick that the team can sell to the fans and that worries me. He's been a top 15 first round player for most of the process so everyone is familiar with him. And it seems like his stock is dropping so there's a good chance he'll be there at #15 as well. But I'd take a handful of guys over him (Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Hockenson, N'Keal Harry).

He wouldn't be my favorite pick for reasons I'll get into and I think he's more of 2nd round pick than a top15 one.

I'm not sure I'd even draft him even in the 2nd round though and it is mostly because of his character. He has some makeup concerns according to Walterfootball and apparently he didn't interview well with NFL teams. Could this be a team mis-leaking info causing him to fall?  I don't know. Watch his interviews and tell me if you think he's gonna be a good pro/team player. I know we just went through all this with Derrius Guice but I think it could be too much of a risk in the first round.  Maybe our resident LSU fan can fill me in.

He is the guy you love to hate. He's the DeAngelo Hall. He's the Josh Norman type personality in my opinion. And that sometimes works at the CB position. But he doesn't seem like a great team player and he's not gonna do the dirty work. And I think teams are catching up to it and he is dropping because he can't tackle. But I don't see the tight hips and I thought he showed good mirror skills on tape. He ran a 4.37 and he did really well in the other drills so he has CB1 potential. He had a lot of INTs one year so he could be up and down his entire career. But is he really gonna earn a second contract from a team that drafts him? I see him turning into more of a big name instead of an actual great football player like those two aforementioned Redskin corner-backs (Norman and Hall) who bounced around teams because of their general character.

What I think they will do

Day 1: WR DK Metcalf

Day 2: FS Deionte Thompson / QB Will Grier

Day 3: OL Beau Benzschawel

What I’d like them to do:

Day 1: CB Greedy Williams

Day 2: OLB Chase Winovich / WR Jakobi Meyers

Day 3: OL Bobby Evans / ILB Ben Burr-Kirven

I think Greedy is one of the best natural man cover corners I’ve ever watched extensively in college. He does have some fundamental stuff that could be cleaned up, although I think it’s moreso about increasing the work he does with his hands to control receivers off the line than his feet. The positive side of him not using his hands is that it’ll make it much easier for him to translate his game to the NFL rules, because he doesn’t get grabby when he’s trailing a guy like most college CBs (Baker included) tend to do. 

As for his attitude, he’s definitely cocky. Which might be annoying if he was an acquaintance or brother-in-law — but I like it in a CB. You need a short memory and a bulletproof ego to keep walking up to that line and challenging the OBJs and Julios and Nuks, especially in a league where the rules are openly and unabashedly designed to ensure that you can’t shut receivers down. You can even see it in his play at times, he’s clearly trying to bait throws to receivers he knows he has locked down. 

We’ve had some cocky corners, no doubt, with what are probably mixed results. But Deion Sanders was like that, and it’s certainly a trend we’ve seen continue with cocky stars like Richard Sherman, Darrelle Revis, Jalen Ramsey, Marcus Peters, etc. Even last year, a couple of the best rookie CBs in Jaire Alexander and Donte Jackson are definitely guys with a ton of you would think of as brash and cocky. 

We’ve already lost some of that swagger with Swearinger our the door, and more will follow once Norman is gone. I like the business-like approach we have in some of our young Bama stars, but a defense still needs some edge.

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

What I think they will do

Day 1: WR DK Metcalf

Day 2: FS Deionte Thompson / QB Will Grier

Day 3: OL Beau Benzschawel

What I’d like them to do:

Day 1: CB Greedy Williams

Day 2: OLB Chase Winovich / WR Jakobi Meyers

Day 3: OL Bobby Evans / ILB Ben Burr-Kirven

If they draft the bolder my response would be

giphy.gif

On 3/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, Doc Draper said:

Unfortunately I agree we trade for Haskins. Bruce loves him 

he’s a second rate Jason Campbell / Blaine Gabbert

I don’t agree though!! Haskins can actually play QB!!! But I will say I think Gruden sent his shot about communication if they draft Haskins. Gruden said he needs time, and in trun then said we don’t plan on sitting a rookie there’s no time for that!!

I like Greedy Williams, but only in a trade down would I be ok with this move.

Not @15.

Like if we could drop a few spots and pick up an additional 3rd? Then take Greedy? That's a move I could endorse.

Otherwise, I want Lock or Haskins @15.

If available, of course.

I also like Jonah Williams the OT. But we really don't have a need there.

I guess you could say I'm in the camp of taking a QB @15 or trade down.

The more 2nd or 3rd rounders we can get, the more quality of youth & talent we can address to upgrade our skins.

There should be a plethra of WR's, CB's, OL and LB's in those rounds. Which is why I don't want one so badly in round 1.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

I like Greedy Williams, but only in a trade down would I be ok with this move.

Not @15.

Like if we could drop a few spots and pick up an additional 3rd? Then take Greedy? That's a move I could endorse.

Otherwise, I want Lock or Haskins @15.

If available, of course.

I also like Jonah Williams the OT. But we really don't have a need there.

I guess you could say I'm in the camp of taking a QB @15 or trade down.

The more 2nd or 3rd rounders we can get, the more quality of youth & talent we can address to upgrade our skins.

There should be a plethra of WR's, CB's, OL and LB's in those rounds. Which is why I don't want one so badly in round 1.

I do like Haskins. I actually think Lock goes before him. Not because I graded him better but Lock has a lot of things I think teams want more then Haskins

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I do like Haskins. I actually think Lock goes before him. Not because I graded him better but Lock has a lot of things I think teams want more then Haskins

Haskins reminds me of Doug Williams, honestly.

They are very close in size & weight.

Neither was a scrambling QB or should I say both have limited mobility, but weren't slow either.

Similar arm strength, etc.

Maybe thats why Doug Williams, likes Haskins so much.

If Haskins is ANYTHING like Doug Williams?

Then yeah, Haskins would be good @15. Lol 😁

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Neither was a scrambling QB or should I say both have limited mobility, but weren't slow either.

I compared him to Steve McNair. It was hard for me to find a modern modern comp because of their game was like his they didn’t have the arm he does or if they had the arm their decision making wasn’t like his or they were mobile mobile. I really had a hard time with this comp but I thought McNair was actually really good even though Steve was good for a few with his legs and Haskins just isn’t but I thought their game was just completely alike

55 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Haskins is your traditional pocket passer who can make all the throws. Its been reported that he's the best of the top 3 on the whiteboard bc he learned a lot of now Buckeyes HC Day. He needs a year to develop but once he gets there I think he's going to be a good one.

People have compared him to Ben Roethlisberger bc of his size, strength and ability to move around do by time but not scramble. 

I think that's a good comparison, I also see some Warren Moon in Haskins with his quick release, arm strength and how he looks/stands tall in the pocket.

21 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I compared him to Steve McNair. It was hard for me to find a modern modern comp because of their game was like his they didn’t have the arm he does or if they had the arm their decision making wasn’t like his or they were mobile mobile. I really had a hard time with this comp but I thought McNair was actually really good even though Steve was good for a few with his legs and Haskins just isn’t but I thought their game was just completely alike

I don't think the McNair comp fits. McNair was athletic - like really athletic - Haskins is big and strong and can move in the pocket but he won't be running around people in the open field like McNair did.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think the McNair comp fits. McNair was athletic - like really athletic - Haskins is big and strong and can move in the pocket but he won't be running around people in the open field like McNair did.

No like I said someone had something he didn’t or he had something someone did. I did go more later McNair more QB then the runner but as far as the pocket game and throws selection and everything I thought it was close. He was a hard comp for me!!!

Archived