Jaguars re-sign OL Tyler Shatley

.Buzz

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Linder gets hurt again it's possible. Idk if I like Shatley being the guy though

its almost a given linder will get hurt again at some point.  shatley doesnt seem to do a bad job when hes called upon.   while it would hurt us depth wise lets not forget we could draft someone to replace linder next year but at worse shatley can be a stop-gap solution. 

FWIW hes graded by pff as the 26th best center and he was colored on it as average.  could do better but we could do worse for a starter.   im just trying to make room to keep guys like ramsey and Ngakoue.  IMO jack can walk at this point. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

its almost a given linder will get hurt again at some point.  shatley doesnt seem to do a bad job when hes called upon.   while it would hurt us depth wise lets not forget we could draft someone to replace linder next year but at worse shatley can be a stop-gap solution. 

FWIW hes graded by pff as the 26th best center and he was colored on it as average.  could do better but we could do worse for a starter.   im just trying to make room to keep guys like ramsey and Ngakoue.  IMO jack can walk at this point. 

Yea it sucks Jack could be the odd man out. Curious to see how he responds this year. If Linder is healthy all 16 games it'll be tough to cut ties despite his injuries 

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea it sucks Jack could be the odd man out. Curious to see how he responds this year. If Linder is healthy all 16 games it'll be tough to cut ties despite his injuries 

it wouldnt be all that hard granted hes playing well but we can only have so much money tied into the OL.  i mean were looking at 6 million due for cann in 2020, norwell getting 14.5,  linder making 8 million.   somethings gotta give there. 

for a reference point we have only 38/39 players under contract for the 2020 season and we are already at 12 million cap room left. 

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

it wouldnt be all that hard granted hes playing well but we can only have so much money tied into the OL.  i mean were looking at 6 million due for cann in 2020, norwell getting 14.5,  linder making 8 million.   somethings gotta give there. 

for a reference point we have only 38/39 players under contract for the 2020 season and we are already at 12 million cap room left. 

Well 20M of that is Dareus who is absolutely not playing for that salary. So really it's 37/38 with 32M cap space.

Still 8M for Linder is a bit rich, and I would not be opposes to drafting a mid round guy there to be depth and possibly take over.

If theres a position in that OL where mid to late round picks can develop into starters, it's at Center 

19 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Well 20M of that is Dareus who is absolutely not playing for that salary. So really it's 37/38 with 32M cap space.

Still 8M for Linder is a bit rich, and I would not be opposes to drafting a mid round guy there to be depth and possibly take over.

If theres a position in that OL where mid to late round picks can develop into starters, it's at Center 

yes but u factor in 1 nagkoue extension and 1 ramsey extension and that 32 probably becomes like -3

Good signing.  You want to continue to lock up and retain this sort of quality depth who can play.  Especially when it comes to versatile OLinemen who are familiar with the system and can play in multiple spots and even start in a pinch...at a low cost.

23 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

yes but u factor in 1 nagkoue extension and 1 ramsey extension and that 32 probably becomes like -3

There's ways to restructure contracts to make it fit.  As good as Jalen and Yann are, I doubt either player gets $20M the first year of their contract.  Thats QB money. So the space you free up from letting Dareus go is simply eaten up by one of these deals (likely Jalen's) plus a bit of Yan's.

5 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

There's ways to restructure contracts to make it fit.  As good as Jalen and Yann are, I doubt either player gets $20M the first year of their contract.  Thats QB money. So the space you free up from letting Dareus go is simply eaten up by one of these deals (likely Jalen's) plus a bit of Yan's.

i see ramsey getting more then what rhodes got. hes probably the best CB in the NFL right now.    yans deal should be similiar to what Danielle Hunter of the vikings got.

Archived