How deep is your "top tier"?

PossibleCabbage

Among non QBs, I think you have 2 absolute blue chip studs in Quinnen and Bosa. 

I think the next tier are all grade A, in Allen, Oliver, and Sweat. 

Next tier are all B+, big upside but need some work in Gary, Greedy, Burns and Devin White. 

Then you have your solid Bs, guys who should be plug and play in Jonah, Hock, Taylor, Ford, Wilkins, and Bush. 

Then you have a **** ton of guys who make up your last tier of first rounders. 

21 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

My top tier is 4 deep. You can guess which four they are. (Josh Allen, Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver, and Quinnen Williams but not necessarily in that order.)

Tier two is also first-round-worthy, and it consists of Devin White, Jawaan Taylor, Montez Sweat, Zach Allen, Rashan Gary, Jeffrey Simmons (off-field and injury be damned), Drew Lock, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Clayton Thorson, Devin Bush, Andre Dillard, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, and TJ Hockenson. So 15 there. 19 total with 1st-round grades. Some of my grades differ from others', and I see that I have all of yours plus some, but that's just how I have them rated.

One of these players is not like the others.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, HoboRocket said:

Right. I don't blame you.

Last year I DID have an elite tier with nine members - Quentin Nelson, QB Josh Allen, Saquon Barkley, Derwin James, DaRon Payne, Vita Vea, Bradley Chubb, Roquan Smith, and Tremaine Edmunds.

2017, it was Mahomes, Garrett, Johnathan Allen, Jamal Adams, Marshon Lattimore, OJ Howard, and Malik Hooker.

2016, I didn't have any truly elite prospects.

This year there are four, in my opinion, though Devin White, TJ Hockenson, and Montez Sweat come close. 

Bosa, Elliott, Ramsey?  None of those guys hit you?

8 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Bosa, Elliott, Ramsey?  None of those guys hit you?

Nah. I (mistakenly) wasn't high enough on Joey Bosa for some reason. I had Elliott graded as a first-rounder, but not elite. Ramsey had too much baggage to be an elite.

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Nah. I (mistakenly) wasn't high enough on Joey Bosa for some reason. I had Elliott graded as a first-rounder, but not elite. Ramsey had too much baggage to be an elite.

I was gonna give ya Bosa, he didn't really test elite at the combine if I remember correctly.  I just figured if you liked Barkley (as elite) you'd like Elliott, and Ramsey imo is a superior prospect to Hooker, Allen, Edmunds, Vea and Payne.  Just my opinion though

1 minute ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I was gonna give ya Bosa, he didn't really test elite at the combine if I remember correctly.  I just figured if you liked Barkley (as elite) you'd like Elliott, and Ramsey imo is a superior prospect to Hooker, Allen, Edmunds, Vea and Payne.  Just my opinion though.

Actually, my top rated player was Tunsil, who would have been elite, but he was the only player I had as special. I was worried that Ramsey would be a tweener at S and CB and was worried about scheme limitations. Here's an excerpt from Walter football that kind of describes what my camp was at the time for his limitations as a corner:

The teams that have a second-round grade have a similar view of Ramsey. Those general managers and scouts have told me that Ramsey is a press-man corner for playing the Seattle Seahawks' style of cornerback and could be a Richard Sherman-type defender. Their teams play off man, zone and press man, and they feel Ramsey struggles to play anything but press man. He is good against a big receiver as he has the size and strength to battle them. However, smaller fast route-runners get separation from him and get vertical against him downfield. As one top scout said, "Ramsey will do well against a big, physical receiver like Brandon Marshall, but T.Y. Hilton would tear him up." 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016jramsey.php#mRkyctXyg1IJkgsI.99

10 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I was gonna give ya Bosa, he didn't really test elite at the combine if I remember correctly.  I just figured if you liked Barkley (as elite) you'd like Elliott, and Ramsey imo is a superior prospect to Hooker, Allen, Edmunds, Vea and Payne.  Just my opinion though

Edmunds for the athleticism and ceiling to go with production. Vea and Payne were undeniably elite, but they're nose tackles, so yeah, a #1 press corner like Ramsey is worth more as a prospect, especially looking back on it. Johnathan Allen was the best DL in the nation his last year at Bama. I still think Hooker is going to be special, he's been nagged by injuries, but I guess that was a concern with him to begin with.

I definitely got the 2016 class wrong in a ton of ways aside from Michael Thomas having a first-round grade as my WR1 and both Goff and Wentz having high grades.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Edmunds for the athleticism and ceiling to go with production. Vea and Payne were undeniably elite, but they're nose tackles, so yeah, a #1 press corner like Ramsey is worth more as a prospect, especially looking back on it. Johnathan Allen was the best DL in the nation his last year at Bama. I still think Hooker is going to be special, he's been nagged by injuries, but I guess that was a concern with him to begin with.

I definitely got the 2016 class wrong in a ton of ways aside from Michael Thomas having a first-round grade as my WR1 and both Goff and Wentz having high grades.

Nice call on Thomas, I'm a huge Buckeye fan and didn't see that coming

Archived