What’s HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

On 4/12/2019 at 12:03 AM, wackywabbit said:

The thread is asking about HC under the most pressure. People list a lot of entrenched coaches, but at the end of the year we  usually see more of the inexperienced coaches let go then the veterans. 

I know pretty much nothing about Kitchens ability as a coach. BUT, there is a lot of hype around the Browns. If they only get 6-7 wins and finish 3rd in the division again, I could totally see them making a move to get a more proven name. There is more pressure on him than a guy like Kliff Kingsbury whose team is expected to be bad. And there is more pressure on him than guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh who have a track record of winning seasons. No track record + Fairly high expectations = Pressure.

There is no way they cut ties with Kitchen if the year is that bad this year. Only way that could possibly happen is if the team is healthy as can be and they only win like 0-2 games. Hell the rest of the coaching staff outside of kitchen is good enough to win more than 2 games. 

Also Kitchen doesn’t sound a complete moron or talk out both sides of his mouth like past browns coaches

Every aspect of the coaching staff is improved IMO. I hated the defensive staff they had the past two years. Blake Williams had no reason being a LB coach and a fill in DC

The way he handled the offense last year and how great he lead that group, I can’t see him not Being a competent enough leader for the whole team that the season turnings into a dumpster fire

Wouldn't surprise me if Dan Quinn is on here. He has to get the defense to at least be a top 15 defense in the NFL. He has to get the offense back to the well-rounded offense it was. And he has to get the team to win at least 10 games.

52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

There is no way they cut ties with Kitchen if the year is that bad this year. Only way that could possibly happen is if the team is healthy as can be and they only win like 0-2 games. Hell the rest of the coaching staff outside of kitchen is good enough to win more than 2 games. 

Also Kitchen doesn’t sound a complete moron or talk out both sides of his mouth like past browns coaches

Every aspect of the coaching staff is improved IMO. I hated the defensive staff they had the past two years. Blake Williams had no reason being a LB coach and a fill in DC

The way he handled the offense last year and how great he lead that group, I can’t see him not Being a competent enough leader for the whole team that the season turnings into a dumpster fire

Again, I don't know what his abilities are. I think we have to see how he handles the job. But, being a new coach in a situation where expectations are high is what makes it high pressure.

IF he has a bad season, then 100% of his seasons have been disappointing. Given expectations are pretty high, he'll be an easy scapegoat if things go South. The perception is that this team is talented enough to be in playoff contention, at least. If, for example, the Cardinals are bad this year, people aren't going to be that harsh on KK.

Edited by wackywabbit

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Again, I don't know what his abilities are. I think we have to see how he handles the job. But, being a new coach in a situation where expectations are high is what makes it high pressure.

IF he has a bad season, then 100% of his seasons have been disappointing. Given expectations are pretty high, he'll be an easy scapegoat if things go South. The perception is that this team is talented enough to be in playoff contention, at least. If, for example, the Cardinals are bad this year, people aren't going to be that harsh on KK.

Oh I know its high pressure but I dont know if he will be under the pressure where if this team cant get off the ground that he will be fired. I also think it helps that he was a promoted HC compared to a brand new hire. He at least avoids the pressure of learning the franchise, learning the ownership, learning the management, learning coaches, learning the players, and installing everything. First year HC but at least he has the benefit of entering his 2nd year with the franchise. Already has established relationships throughout the franchise and doesnt have to install his offense. Only adding two new starters to the offense with OBJ and a RG but the RG was a 2nd rd pick last year.

I would be a lot less confident in Freddie, if he wasnt here last year