What’s HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

In your opinion?

I don’t think he’s number one but I’m gonna throw a name out. Mike Zimmer. This is his 6th year in minny and they have won just one playoff game(the miracle game) where they proceeded to get embarassed on the road the next week.

Another guy is Jay Gruden also in year 6 but zero playoff wins and missed the playoffs 4 of 5 seasons

• Like 1

Dan Quinn comes to mind  I know they had a bunch of injuries last season but I think the patience for him to win is wearing thin in ATL.  although probably not the most pressure re-read the OP

EDIT:  I think the most pressure is Ron Rivera hasn't won and a bit of a disaster I don't think the Cam Newton situation was handled correctly either.

Edited by sryan66611

Bill O'Brien has to be one of the front runners on this list. Despite an 11-5 record and an impressive nine game winning streak, the Texans were left in the dust against a division rival in their own stadium. Issues with the Texans were only exasperated with O'Brien's questionable play calling, clock management, inability to game plan around his best players and his insistence of attempting an offensive and defensive philosophy that he does not have the personnel for. 

The Texans will be playing a 1st place schedule and will draw up a tougher division slate with improved Jacksonville and Tennessee teams to go along with the Colts (who were a bad 4th down attempt from sweeping the Texans in three games). If O'Brien starts off 0-3 again, the heat will be on, and will stay on unless there is another improbable 9-0 run.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bill O'Brien has to be one of the front runners on this list. Despite an 11-5 record and an impressive nine game winning streak, the Texans were left in the dust against a division rival in their own stadium. Issues with the Texans were only exasperated with O'Brien's questionable play calling, clock management, inability to game plan around his best players and his insistence of attempting an offensive and defensive philosophy that he does not have the personnel for. 

The Texans will be playing a 1st place schedule and will draw up a tougher division slate with improved Jacksonville and Tennessee teams to go along with the Colts (who were a bad 4th down attempt from sweeping the Texans in three games). If O'Brien starts off 0-3 again, the heat will be on, and will stay on unless there is another improbable 9-0 run.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I think Houston struggles next year and BOB gets canned.

That offensive line is a disaster and the secondary will struggle.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

Dan Quinn comes to mind  I know they had a bunch of injuries last season but I think the patience for him to win is wearing thin in ATL.  although probably not the most pressure re-read the OP

EDIT:  I think the most pressure is Ron Rivera hasn't won and a bit of a disaster I don't think the Cam Newton situation was handled correctly either.

I actually forgot all about Rivera. If they miss the playoffs he’s gone

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I think Houston struggles next year and BOB gets canned.

That offensive line is a disaster and the secondary will struggle.

Sadly, I'm willing to go 6-10 or worse to see this happen...

...but, I also have a deep seeded fear that Cal McNair and Brian Gaine would look to bring Jeff Fisher back to Houston, which would destroy me in ways I can't imagine.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Sadly, I'm willing to go 6-10 or worse to see this happen...

...but, I also have a deep seeded fear that Cal McNair and Brian Gaine would look to bring Jeff Fisher back to Houston, which would destroy me in ways I can't imagine.

as im not a fan i kinda would like to see this just to see the ****storm that would ensue

8 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

In your opinion?

I don’t think he’s number one but I’m gonna throw a name out. Mike Zimmer. This is his 6th year in minny and they have won just one playoff game(the miracle game) where they proceeded to get embarassed on the road the next week.

Another guy is Jay Gruden also in year 6 but zero playoff wins and missed the playoffs 4 of 5 seasons

I don’t think zimmer gets fired if we miss the playoffs this year, but I think if we start off poorly the next season he’s definitely gone

Gruden is a guy that has done just enough with a middling team to not lose his job.  But I also don’t think it’s his fault that team management is so poor that they alienated their franchise quarterback and keep making a bunch of lateral moves at the position as a result

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

I don’t think zimmer gets fired if we miss the playoffs this year, but I think if we start off poorly the next season he’s definitely gone

Gruden is a guy that has done just enough with a middling team to not lose his job.  But I also don’t think it’s his fault that team management is so poor that they alienated their franchise quarterback and keep making a bunch of lateral moves at the position as a result

I know Cousins isn't a superstar, but I feel like Gruden should have went down with that sinking ship when Cousins was being financially thrown under the bus by Allen. Didn't really feel like he was in Cousin's corner. A franchise QB is basically your lifeline in the NFL as a coach. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I know Cousins isn't a superstar, but I feel like Gruden should have went down with that sinking ship when Cousins was being financially thrown under the bus by Allen. Didn't really feel like he was in Cousin's corner. A franchise QB is basically your lifeline in the NFL as a coach. 

You’re probably right on that aspect.  It also didn’t help that he said after Cousins left that the Redskins were better off with Alex Smith.  Still think that he should get some credit for how sound his teams have been defensively as of late