What’s HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Browns hc, with all that talent they a lock for playoffs, correct?

8 wins in the last three years, they aren't a lock. Added 3 starters via trade/free agency and lost 2. Expectations are high but 9-7 and missing the playoffs won't cost Freddie his job. Actually, he is so refreshing as long as things don't go awry I'd keep him around even if they have a losing record as long as he keeps doing things the right way.

The defense also has to show that they aren't bottom 5-10 and if they are things might be tough.

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Tomlin's seat should be hot. It feels like the Steelers have been going in circles for quite a while now.

While true, that circle is still more successful than most other teams.

Tomlin wont be fired, but he MAY not have his contract renewed beyond 2020.

• Like 1

There are a couple that are at 100 out of 100 on the hot seat

Doug Marone

• He deserved to be fired last year and Khan gave him a little more rope.
  • He does not have the QB excuse any longer either.

B O B

• The Texans were absolutely humiliated at home in that wildcard game last year
  • They missed out on a bye in part because he runs a clown show that let JD Clowney in street clothes hang out on the sideline.
  • So far the difference between O'Brien and Marvin Lewis is that O'Brien got to face Connor Cook in a playoff game.
  • BOB home playoff games in Houston:
    • 30-0 loss to KC
    • 27-14 win over Connor Cook in his only career start
      • Cook had 21 career passes before this playoff start and none since
    • 21-7 loss against a division opponent

3 hours ago, john305 said:

I could see Kitchen being on the hot seat if they regress and lose 5 or less games.

So, just to clarify, you think that Freddie Kitchens will have the Browns regress and then go 11-5 or better...and also be on the hot seat?

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif

• Like 2

Riverboat Ron is always on the hot seat. IMO it’s the hottest seat. Things just haven’t swung his way lately. 

Gruden in Washington can’t feel too secure in his job.

Kitchens in Cleveland could be canned just because Haslam is likely to do anything. Kitchens is an upgrade at coach and should have the Browns moving forward but their owner isn’t exactly patient.

I don’t see Tomlin on any sort of hot seat. Rooney family has been a model of consistency and not jerking the knee. 

Last year was dissapointing for the Vikings. Another year like that and Zimmer might be shown the door.

Quinn, Shanahan, Garret and BOB all shouldn’t be buying new houses this season either. 

With 8 teams replacing their HCs this year, and with a decent number of young QBs, I honestly don't think there's nearly as many obvious hot seat guys as usual. There's a handful that if the season falls short of expectations, I could see patience growing thin, but I'm not sure that there is the usual batch of guys where it's, show us something this year or we're planning on moving on.

Looking at it, the 8 new hires are presumably safe.  The perennial playoff crew can feel pretty comfortable I think (Belichek, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Reid, Payton, Carroll.) Puts us at 14. The new or young stars should be good (Reich, McVay, Pederson, Lynn, Nagy.) 19 safe there. And a few that struggled last year in year 1 or 2 are probably safe in long term situations (Jon Gruden, Shurmur, Patricia, Vrabel, Shanahan, McDermmott.) Now those can change, I think, should a team implode something, but we'll call them likely safe. Puts us at 25.

This leaves Quinn, Rivera, Garrett, Marrone, Zimmer, Jay Gruden, and BOB. Quinn could easily jump back into the first group of this in a year. He might be the safest of the guys in this paragraph. But if 7-9 turns into 5-11, or even if the Falcons just settle at 7-9, you could see them moving on. I think they'll be good enough to keep him safe, but you never know. Zimmer, Garrett, Rivera, and BOB are all in that spot where you may never suck with them, but eventually you'll get tired of never being great with them. Those guys can be hard to predict though. Some teams move on fast, some hold out hope forever. A lot has to do with the owner/GM/HC relationship there, IMO. Any of them would be fired if they won 4 games or something, for sure, but 7-9 to 9-7, huge grey area. Gruden is in a weird place. The Redskins are probably going to suck this year, and I don't think it will be his fault, but it doesn't mean he won't be scapegoated for it. I actually like Jay Gruden as a coach. I think the 'Skins have overachieved at times. 

I really think the guy with the hottest seat though is probably Marrone. Similar performance to McDermmott, without the excuse of a rookie QB. Really, he doesn't have any excuse for the drop off last year.

• Like 1