Why Someone Would Make Such A Mistake?

MIKEWISNER

This summer here in the Chicago area we've had quite a few weeks of cooler weather.

I was by the lake one time and this couple walked by in sweatshirts. One of their dogs sniffed me and I petted it and since it was warm I asked if they were?

He didn't say anything but she said, "I'm a bit warm." I asked if she had anything underneath that sweatshirt and she didn't.

I can never get why anyone do that. After all it's summer and dispite being on the chilly side it's supposed to be warm and if I go out, I put on a short sleeve shirt anyhow and wear a jacket.

Most importantly, listen to the weather.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why would someone make such a mistake as live in Chicago where if the crime doesn't get you the cold does, and if the cold doesn't get you the germs and disease and grossness of million of people will? 

For the same reason you choose to live in a world of ignorance. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't live in ignorance, I know everything. 

Then you’d know that the majority of neighborhoods in Chicago are extremely safe. You’d also know that Chicago isn’t even one of the 100 most dangerous cities in the country. You’d also know that less people die due to the weather in Chicago than practically every southern city in the country. And you’d also know that people who live in big cities are healthier. So, you know, state of ignorance.

Just now, iPwn said:

Then you’d know that the majority of neighborhoods in Chicago are extremely safe. You’d also know that Chicago isn’t even one of the 100 most dangerous cities in the country. You’d also know that less people die due to the weather in Chicago than practically every southern city in the country. And you’d also know that people who live in big cities are healthier. So, you know, state of ignorance.

If you knew as much as I knew, my post was loaded with tongue-in-cheek not seriousness.  I'm fully aware that weather isn't about to kill people in Chicago.  I grew up in North Dakota and I made it, and I'm aware the weather in Chicago is better than my own home state.  Ergo, if I knew the weather wasn't killing people, I certainly knew that crime in Chicago isn't crime in John Carpenter's Escape from New York.  However, to sit there and act like Chicago isn't one of the 100 most dangerous cities in the country is just not statistically nor in any way true.  762 homicides in Chicago last year, and if you're going to try to argue otherwise, I'd like to see 100 cities safer than Chicago. 

I hate cities and I make fun of Chicago because it's a city.  It's more about the fact that you pay 10,000 dollars a month to rent a phone booth and the fact that they're literally always noisy (and I have misophonia) than any fears of getting murdered. 

So don't call me ignorant when you don't even know.  You don't even know. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

If you knew as much as I knew, my post was loaded with tongue-in-cheek not seriousness.  I'm fully aware that weather isn't about to kill people in Chicago.  I grew up in North Dakota and I made it, and I'm aware the weather in Chicago is better than my own home state.  Ergo, if I knew the weather wasn't killing people, I certainly knew that crime in Chicago isn't crime in John Carpenter's Escape from New York.  However, to sit there and act like Chicago isn't one of the 100 most dangerous cities in the country is just not statistically nor in any way true.  762 homicides in Chicago last year, and if you're going to try to argue otherwise, I'd like to see 100 cities safer than Chicago. 

I hate cities and I make fun of Chicago because it's a city.  It's more about the fact that you pay 10,000 dollars a month to rent a phone booth and the fact that they're literally always noisy (and I have misophonia) than any fears of getting murdered. 

So don't call me ignorant when you don't even know.  You don't even know. 

but do you have mesothelioma?

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

However, to sit there and act like Chicago isn't one of the 100 most dangerous cities in the country is just not statistically nor in any way true.  762 homicides in Chicago last year, and if you're going to try to argue otherwise, I'd like to see 100 cities safer than Chicago. 

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous

Learn up, bud. Or, you know, keep telling a Chicago resident how you know more about the city than they do.

Archived