Help me rank TE T.J. Hockenson compared to others

James Lofton

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Jonah Williams is the Tackle I'd be LEAST worried about busting. Battle tested as hell.

Alabama players have a consistent pattern of under performing in the NFL. He'll be no different IMO. 

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Alabama players have a consistent pattern of under performing in the NFL. He'll be no different IMO. 

Under performing to star expectations and ending up as solid starters, maybe?

And that's really audiences fault for expecting stars from Alabama players.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Under performing to star expectations and ending up as solid starters, maybe?

And that's really audiences fault for expecting stars from Alabama players.

Uh, no! Under performing to draft position. 

1st and 2nd round picks since 2013 on the offensive line:

2013:

Chance Warmack 10th overall - Bust

DJ Fluker 11th overall - Bust

Cyrus Kouandjio 44th overall - Bust

2015 they had a 4th and 5th rounder who never did anything

Ryan Kelly - 18 he's been pretty good

Cam Robinson - 34 heading towards a bust. 

32 minutes ago, Golfman said:

2013:

Alabama has nothing to do with it. Aaron Rodgers was/is the only Jeff Tedford QB to make it in the NFL. Jonah Williams looks like Joe Thomas out there. He's already got the details down. The only reason he isn't a top 10 lock is he doesn't have prototypical LT size at  6'4" and 300 LBS. He's gonna get it done in the NFL, if not at LT then certainly RT.

11 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Alabama has nothing to do with it. Aaron Rodgers was/is the only Jeff Tedford QB to make it in the NFL. Jonah Williams looks like Joe Thomas out there. He's already got the details down. The only reason he isn't a top 10 lock is he doesn't have prototypical LT size at  6'4" and 300 LBS. He's gonna get it done in the NFL, if not at LT then certainly RT.

Time will tell and also, read the post I replied to. It had EVERYTHING to do with my reply. 

On 3/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, incognito_man said:

I was going to ask in the draft thread if a 75% chance of a  decade of Witten is worth #12.

No.  With the depth of TE this year we can still fill the position with a good prospect into the 4th round.  

My value pick is Dax Raymond, 6'4" 255 from Utah State.  Tony Pauline commented at Dax's Pro day:

Tight end Dax Raymond re-did most of his combine testing, running 40 times which clocked as low as 4.58 seconds; a few watches had him in the 4.62 second area. He touched 33 inches on the vertical jump and completed 15 reps on the bench press.

Raymond caught the ball well during position work and looked explosive in blocking drills.

Value folks. He fits MLF's offense.

10 hours ago, Golfman said:

2013:

Warmack busted hard. Don't draft Guards early and especially don't do it if they're surrounded by pro talent making them hard to judge. 

Fluker has started 74 of 96 possible games in his career. He is EXACTLY what the scouting report said he was. Chargers were just dumb and thought that skillset was more valuable than it was.

Kouandjio has a degenerative knee. Bills just gambled the knee would hold up better than it did. He was black flagged by a ton of teams.

Cam Robinson was a fine starter as a rookie and then tore his ACL this year. How are you going to control for that probability?

9 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

No.  With the depth of TE this year we can still fill the position with a good prospect into the 4th round.  

My value pick is Dax Raymond, 6'4" 255 from Utah State.  Tony Pauline commented at Dax's Pro day:

Tight end Dax Raymond re-did most of his combine testing, running 40 times which clocked as low as 4.58 seconds; a few watches had him in the 4.62 second area. He touched 33 inches on the vertical jump and completed 15 reps on the bench press.

Raymond caught the ball well during position work and looked explosive in blocking drills.

Value folks. He fits MLF's offense.

I have to check him out. Seriously, this draft is LOADED with developmental TEs, which is much more what we want bc we have two starters. A lot of teams are going to get "their guy". 

Archived