Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gibster16226

Trade up

Recommended Posts

It's looking more and more like if the Steelers really love Bush !!!!  They may have to move up 5 or 6 spots to make sure they get him !!  To be safe !!!   Remember last year we sat there and waiting for that linebacker the Steelers wanted and titans pick him right before us !!!!    Just my opinion though!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Most" dont want him at all. So a trade up is a no go. He isn't my top pick but if the board fell that way If be ok with him at #20. I deffinately wouldn't trade up for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold statement: the lack of TFL, INT and FG will make him the non-injured Sean Spence 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bold statement: the lack of TFL, INT and FG will make him the non-injured Sean Spence 2.0

his lack of splash plays on paper makes me nervous about him

I don't study film, so I hope their is a good reason for why he lacks those numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bush plays really well versus crap teams, so if you go look at those tapes, he seems like a sure fire #1 pick.  However, when he plays OSU, ND, Penn St., etc., he don't look so good.  I just do not think he is an NFL linebacker.  As I've posted several times, he MIGHT be an NFL SS/hybrid.  I just don't think you can count on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

"Most" dont want him at all. So a trade up is a no go. He isn't my top pick but if the board fell that way If be ok with him at #20. I deffinately wouldn't trade up for him. 

agreed. i could live with bush at pick at 20 but really wish they would go BPA there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I predicted months ago, the Steelers will sit tight and someone else will trade in front of them for Bush.  I would rather have Wilson or a CB or even AJ Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jebrick said:

As I predicted months ago, the Steelers will sit tight and someone else will trade in front of them for Bush.  I would rather have Wilson or a CB or even AJ Brown

Yea I don’t think Bush makes it to 20...

If they force ILB, it’ll be Wilson(whole crew at Pro Day).

If not, my current favorite is Love from ND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt we trade up, but I’m not sure it’s in the first and I’m really not sure it’s for Bush. 

We have 10 picks. 10 picks are not making the team. Target people you want and go get those players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I would only trade up for a few players and most wont fall with in that range.  Bush is not one of them.  My personal hope that I think is semi realistic is Burns.  

However, I think there is a lot of value in the 2nd, so maybe a trade up or trade back into the 2nd for a CB or Safety.  Maybe one of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see them trading both 3rd for a 2Nd or trading their original 2Nd plus Oakland’s 3rd to move high up in early day 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I have no doubt we trade up, but I’m not sure it’s in the first and I’m really not sure it’s for Bush. 

We have 10 picks. 10 picks are not making the team. Target people you want and go get those players.

I love this sentiment but hate the blanket statements of the 10 picks.

I'd love to trade up into the 2nd and 3rd as well.  I think that is where the bubble is.

BUT, saying 10 players are not going to make the roster is just silly.  We should play a game where we take the final 53 man roster from last season (or the current projected 53), take the 10 worst guys on it, and replace them with draftable prospects in this years draft.  EVEN considering that when we have 7 picks some don't make it (like Frazier last year), I could pick 8 players to replace right now!!!  You got guys like Hunter, DHB, Dangerfield, Trey Edmunds, Banner, McCullers, and both Allens that could be replaced.  You got guys like Sensabaugh that weren't resigned.  Plenty of room for new fresh faces to come in and take gameday slots with no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kurgan said:

BUT, saying 10 players are not going to make the roster is just silly.

5 of those picks come in the crap shoot of the 5th round or later. 4 of the picks are 175th and later. 

....good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-30 at 12:00 PM, Gibster16226 said:

It's looking more and more like if the Steelers really love Bush !!!!  They may have to move up 5 or 6 spots to make sure they get him !!  To be safe !!!   Remember last year we sat there and waiting for that linebacker the Steelers wanted and titans pick him right before us !!!!    Just my opinion though!!! 

I do remember that, and it was colbert at his finest. He then drafts a RD3 player in RD1. Should have been fired right there.

They signed williams and bostic and now Baron. Will they add another ILB early in the draft? It would make sense to replace AB so, the answer is yes they will draft a player that won't get onto the field, ILB  will be the pick.  Colbert thinks dupree will break out, no need to draft edge early on,  and they got a CB in UFA and still have burns, so set at CB. 

Move up 6 spots this year when last year they only have to move up 1, nice one colbert. If he wouldn't have committed to williams and bostic, he could have kept Fort and Baron, they could be the ILB's with range.  

Don't forget the Fire Colbert thread, you will need it after this season (again) 

Edited by 3rivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×