1st Mock of 2019

brushmyhair

1st Mock of of 2019

1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

Now I know a lot of people have said Murray is a lock at #1, I don't buy it, not this early. Arizona apparently had dinner with Bosa, look into it how you will, But I think Kingsbury and Keim have played the media and the pundits like a fiddle. He is the best player in the draft, Kingsbury has had many different kinds of QB's in his system, and I think Rosen would have demanded a trade by now if he felt the Cardinals did not want him. And if the Cardinals don't trade Rosen before the draft, I don't see them passing on Bosa. Nick Bosa for now, barring a Rosen trade is the #1 in my mock

2. San Francisco 49ers: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

Whether Nick, or Kyler goes #1, I think the 49ers target is Quinnen Williams. The best team in that division is obviously the Los Angeles Rams. And their biggest strength is the run game. Even though Gurley has arthritis, he is still a very dangerous RB and to take the Rams completely out of rhythm, you have to stop him. Quinnen next to Buckner on the inside would be a lethal combination which would be reminiscent of the Rams combo with Suh and Donald, But Quinnen wouldn't be a rental like Suh, and he would disrupt games like Donald but would be doing that for the 49ers for years to come with Buckner. I think Quinnen is their guy unless Arizona decides all of a sudden, that he is their guy

3. New York Jets: Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Kentucky

Josh Allen is the kind of player that Gregg Williams would love to have on his defense. Versatile, disruptive, and with a knack for getting at the QB which is needed to beat the New England Patriots with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady ruling the AFC East. Allen may be that guy to disrupt Brady's timing and throws next year. Will it translate to wins over the Patriots, The Jets need more than Allen, but it is a start.

4. Oakland Raiders: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

Gruden and Carr's relationship is confusing, They seem to be on the same page from time to time, and other times, they seem far apart. I think Gruden though is intrigued by what Murray brings to the table, and Gruden loves these athletic talents like Murray. By picking Murray, It'll help them eventually move on from Carr's contract which I think Gruden and Mayock don't want to hamper the team down, but I do think he will be sitting on the bench for a year behind Carr and then Carr will be dealt next year. I think Gruden is a huge fan of Murray, and if he is there, I don't see him passing on him. If Murray is available at 4, He's going to be a Raider.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White, ILB/OLB, LSU

To Quote Chris Collinsworth, NOW HERE'S A GUY,  LOL, but seriously, here's a guy who is one of the more talented LB prospects we haven't seen come out of college for a long time. He's gifted at about every aspect of the position. The Buccaneers just lost their LB in free agency to the 49ers, and I am sure they'd be happy to have a high football IQ LB like White anchoring the middle of their defense. White doesn't pass pick 5 in April

6. New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

The New York Giants had quite the interesting offseason in 2019, Trading Odell, and dealing with the backlash that came with it. There have been multiple rumors that they would take a defensive stud at 6 or that they like Daniel Jones and Drew Lock. In all honesty, If they don't take the player who in my honest opinion is the best QB in this draft, They'll opt for an OT, to help the RB they have invested in last year. Those fans are irate right now, and though Barkley is a great player, many think that they should have elected to take a QB, and I think that ultimately, they will select Dwayne Haskins because his talent is just too much to overlook. Have him sit behind Eli and learn and when Eli is stinking up the joint, bring in Haskins and don't look back.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

The Jaguars were the team that I thought originally would trade up for a Dwayne Haskins or a Kyler Murray, but when they signed Nick Foles, I then shifted my attention to a need of theirs that has been a need for a good period of time. Their offensive line. They seemed to have patched things up with Fournette, and to protect Foles and help Fournette, you need some offensive linemen to help them be successful on the Jacksonville Jaguars. Fournette was injured a lot last year, and a stronger offensive line can make life easier for both Foles and Fournette. Jawaan Taylor is a no brainer here fellas

8. Atlanta Falcons TRADE UP with Detroit Lions: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

The Falcons need to boost up the middle of their defensive line, and Ed Oliver is a player that just comes off as that typical Dan Quinn type player. Super athletic, strong burst, fast, and has a knack for hitting the QB. The Falcons may fear that he might not be available at 14, so they make the move up to #8 to go grab him.

9. Washington Redskins TRADE UP with Buffalo Bills: Drew Lock, QB, Mizzou

Washington is in desperate need for a QB, and if they don't have one for the long term future, things will continue to go downhill for them, and to get Drew Lock, you have to get ahead of Denver because apparently they have him ranked as the #1 QB on their board over Haskins and Murray from what I have heard through rumors. So Washington already made one knee jerk move this offseason with that absurd contract they gave Collins and they make another one here, but if they feel they want Lock over someone in the 2020 draft, thats there call. Whether they take a QB or not in this draft, they'll be picking early next year. I don't think Alex Smith ever plays another down of football, I wouldn't be surprised if they think the same. They make the move to get Lock at 9.

10. Denver Broncos: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

What is Denver thinking, is probably what most of their fans have been thinking this entire offseason, especially when it comes to opting with Flacco over pursuing Foles. They have lost Talib and Roby, and there was some speculation going around last year had Chubb not been available, they would have selected Denzel Ward. In this draft, they opt to take the best CB in the draft at 10, and wait till 2020 for Fromm or Herbert.

11. Cincinatti Bengals: Devin Bush, ILB/OLB, Michigan

The Bengals biggest need on their team is linebacker, and it would have still been linebacker if they kept Vontaze Burfict. With White gone, they have no choice but to take Bush here, who isn't a bad player, it's just that he is injury prone. But if he can stay healthy, he can be a really good player for that Bengals defense.

12. Green Bay Packers: Montez Sweat, OLB, Mississippi State

The Packers definitely need help when it comes to getting at the Quarterback. They have struggled with that task for a while as well. People have said Sweat's medicals won't negatively affect his draft stock and going 12th to Green Bay is proof of that. They get a fast quick LB DE who will make life miserable for Stafford, Trubisky, and Cousins. Green Bay gets a good one in Montez Sweat.

13. Miami Dolphins: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

In the start of their Tank for Tua campaign, they take a talented young pass rusher here who can be a major force in their defense. As you know, and I'm sure Brian Flores knows it too, the only way to beat the Patriots is to disrupt Brady's timing. And they bring Gary on board to do that.

14. Detroit Lions TRADED BACK with Atlanta Falcons: TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Detroit can go in many directions here, DE, CB, even another WR. I think Bob Quinn wants one of those traditional TE's that can catch passes well and block well and TJ Hockenson fits that bill well. They signed Trey Flowers and they can't go wrong by taking Clelin Ferrell or Greedy Williams here either. I just think Bob Quinn wants a TE who could do it all just like the one he use to be around all the time in the recently retired Rob Gronkowski. And no, I do not think TJ will be as successful as Gronk.

15. Buffalo Bills TRADED BACK with Washington Redskins: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Last year, including myself, I was under the assumption that the Buffalo Bills would hold the 1st overall pick due to their abysmal offensive line. I have seen some mocks where they are selecting Metcalf. Though they do need a WR, protecting your franchise QB is priority 1, and Josh Allen looks promising for them. For Buffalo, an offensive lineman is a no brainer. Jonah Williams to the Buffalo Bills here and they run to the podium with his name on the card too.

16. Carolina Panthers: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

I was debating whether to slot an OLB here or a DE, and I think when it came to push and shove, Clelin Ferrrell would be too tough to pass up here. Julius Peppers retirement is a inevitable void that needed to be filled, and Clelin Ferrell is a great replacement for him here. Panthers get a good one here.

17. New York Giants From the Cleveland Browns:  Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

Now that they traded Odell, and now that they have their Franchise QB and RB for the future, its time for them to protect those investments. And a big offensive tackle like Cody Ford is the perfect man for the job. No brainer selection here, Cody Ford to the Giants at 17.

18.  Minnesota Vikings: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

The Vikings lost Sheldon Richardson this offseason and therefore DT is a void that they need to fill. Christian Wilkins is a monster who when you watch seems to always find himself in the backfield. He is a great disruptor of QB's and RB's alike and will be continuing that trend with the Minnesota Vikings

19. Tennessee Titans: DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

For a few years now, the Titans have been building their team around Mariota, but there's 2 problems. He hasn't met their expectation with what they have given him, and he has been getting hurt on and off. They get him another weapon here in the freakishly built WR DK Metcalf. And if Mariota continues to underwhelm with the offense they have next year, Tennessee will be drafting Mariota's replacement next year.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

In what has been a tumultuous offseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers, they begin the post Brown and Bell era with players who are all about team as opposed to an all about me player. Greedy Williams fills a need for the Pittsburgh Steelers and his talent would be great for a defense that lacks talent. And with all the nonsense removed from that locker room, the young players on that team will grow to give that organization something to look forward to in the future. There are some things Greedy needs to improve upon like press coverage. And with his talent, he should be able to improve upon it. Greedy to Pittsburgh

21. Seattle Seahawks: Jonathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

The Seahawks move quickly to fill the void future Hall of Famer Earl Thomas left them with by taking his talents to Baltimore and they do that by Selecting Jonathan Abram. He is unquestionably the best safety in this draft, and the Seahawks defense won't be as successful without a promising safety enforcing the last line of defense.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

If there is one thing Baltimore desperately needs, It's a WR. Who do they have. Exactly. This is a no brainer here, take the best WR available and prepare for what you are going to do in rd 2. Lamar needs someone to throw to, because he doesn't have anyone to throw to at the moment.

23. Houston Texans: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

The Texans offensive line is abysmal and has been abysmal for quite a bit. To preserve Deshaun Watson, he needs protection, and after striking out on Trent Brown, they have to address their offensive line need in rd1 of this draft, and they get someone who can do just that.

24. Oakland Raiders From Chicago Bears: Brian Burns, DE, FSU

The Raiders traded Khalil Mack for Brian Burns. Conventional wisdom would be the Raiders selecting Macks replacement at pick 4, well Jon Gruden isn't what I would call someone with conventional wisdom. Khalil Mack would still be a Raider if he had any. But now that Mack is gone, and they didn't replace him with the 4th overall pick, they have to do it at 24. Brian Burns is going to be a great football player, and with the Raiders, he'll have massive shoes to fill because 52 in Chicago is better than ever. The Raiders will run to the podium with Burns name on it, for those who were curious.

25. Philadelphia Eagles: Dalton Risner: OT, Kansas State

For the Eagles, the pick here was either going to be a linebacker, or Jason Peters eventual successor. When it comes to where the draft stands to at this point. The successor to Peters is the better talent over the remaining linebackers available in rd 1. They take Risner with the 25th overall pick and address linebacker in rd 2.

26. Kansas City Chiefs TRADE UP with Indianapolis Colts: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Kansas City on paper looks to have an absolutely atrocious defense with an atrocious secondary most of all. They cannot and will not potentially watch Deandre Baker fall into the laps of their divisional rival in Oakland. They make a deal with Indianapolis to move up to 26 to select someone who can help their atrocious secondary.

27. Oakland Raiders from Dallas Cowboys: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

The Raiders would have selected Deandre Baker here, but Kansas City desperately wanted a CB of that talent and feared that the Raiders would select him at 27. The Raiders, again instead of addressing their defense, decide to address their offense, and they draft the successor to Marshawn Lynch and though they should probably opt for defense, Jacobs is a good pick for them, and Gruden probably loves the thought about of what him and Kyler could do together.

28. Los Angeles Chargers: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

The Chargers have had a relatively quiet offseason, but their biggest loss this offseason had to be Darius Philon. The chargers biggest need is RT, but the ones with 1st rd grades are all off the board, So they address another need where there are players with RD 1 grades available and Dexter Lawrence is a great fit next to Bosa and Ingram and Mebane will be a good teacher to show Lawrence the ropes. So Lawrence to the Chargers at 28.

29. Indianapolis Colts TRADED BACK with Kansas City Chiefs: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

Even though the Colts signed Devin Funchess, I think they want more than just Hilton and Funchess. The reason why Luck was comeback player of the year is because the Colts were able to keep Luck upright with great offensive line play. Now, its time to get Luck another weapon to throw to, and that comes to the Colts, gift-wrapped by Herm Edwards in N'Keal Harry.

30. Green Bay Packers from New Orleans Saints: Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

I read somewhere that a team in the 1st rd promised to take him. There are 2 teams that I can think of that would have done that and they are the Raiders, or Packers. McLaurin is a hard worker who busted his *** to make the Buckeye roster, and upon declaration, boost his draft stock. Campbell may have been the story of the combine, but McLaurin may have made a stronger impression. I think the Packers get Aaron another weapon here at pick 30.

31. Los Angeles Rams: Jeff Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

With Suh's inevitable departure, The Rams are going to have to replace him, and Tillery could have an instant impact on that defensive line. The Rams aren't going to wait on the more talented Jeffrey Simmons to heal up, which is why they will select Tillery

32. New England Patriots: Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

These guys however, will have the patience to wait on Simmons and are able to wait on simmons because these guys just know how to win, they are always picking around here, and it's just another day in the office for those guys. One would think, why not Noah Fant? Gronkowski just retired. It's because they have won without Gronkowski on the field and they don't need to immediately address the TE position. They lost Malcolm Brown to the Saints, and I am sure they won't mind waiting on Simmons because they'll probably be picking in the 28-32 range again next year, because they are the Patriots.

ATL trades pick 14, Pick 79, and pick 137 to Detroit

WAS trades pick 15, pick 76, and pick 153 to Buffalo

KC trades pick 29, Pick 167, and a 2020 4th rd pick to Indianapolis

There won't be any explanations for Picks rd 2 and on.

33. Arizona Cardinals: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College

34. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets: DreMont Jones, DT, Ohio State

35. Oakland Raiders: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

36. San Francisco 49ers: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

37. New York Giants: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

38. Jacksonville Jaguars: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

40. Buffalo Bills: AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss

41. Denver Broncos: Mack Wilson, ILB/OLB, Alabama

42. Cincinnati Bengals: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

43. Detroit Lions: Jaylon Fergueson, DE, Louisiana Tech

44. Green Bay Packers: Garrett Bradbury, OG, NC State

45. Atlanta Falcons: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

46. Washington Redskins: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

47. Carolina Panthers: Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

48. Miami Dolphins: Mike Webber, RB, Ohio State

49. Cleveland Browns: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

50. Minnesota Vikings: Deandre Walker, OLB, Georgia

51. Tennessee Titans: Erik McCoy, OG/C, Texas A&M

52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Germaine Pratt, ILB, NC State

53. Philadelphia Eagles from Baltimore Ravens: Jachai Polite, OLB/DE, Florida

54. Houston Texans from Seattle Seahawks: Irv Smith JR, TE, Alabama

55. Houston Texans: Michael Jordan, OG/C, Ohio State

56. New England Patriots from Chicago Bears: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

57. Philadelphia Eagles: Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

58. Dallas Cowboys: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

59. Indianapolis Colts: Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

60. Los Angeles Chargers: Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls

61. Kansas City Chiefs: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

62. New Orleans Saints: Vosean Joseph, OLB/ILB, Florida

63. Kansas City Chiefs from Los Angeles Rams: Chase Winovich, DE/OLB, Michigan

64. New England Patriots: Wil Grier, QB, West Virginia

65. Arizona Cardinals: Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse

66. Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

67. San Francisco 49ers: Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

68. New York Jets: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

69. Jacksonville Jaguars: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

70. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dionte Thompson, S, Alabama

71. FORFEITED BY NYG

72. Denver Broncos: Michael Delter, OG, Wisconsin

73. Cincinnati Bengals: Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

74. New England Patriots from Detroit Lions: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, CB/S, Florida

75. Buffalo Bills:  Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois

76. Green Bay Packers: Tre Lamar, ILB, Clemson

77. Buffalo Bills From Washington Redskins: Darnell Savage, S, Maryland

78. Carolina Panthers: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington

79. Miami Dolphins: Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

80. Detroit Lions From Atlanta Falcons: Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky

81. Cleveland Browns: Amani Hooker, S, Iowa

82. Minnesota Vikings: Connor McGovern, G, Penn State

83. Tennessee Titans: Zach Allen, DE/DT, Boston College

84. Pittsburgh Steelers: Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State

85. Seattle Seahawks: Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion

86. Baltimore Ravens: T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin

87. Houston Texans: Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State

88. Chicago Bears: Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

89. Detroit Lions from Philadelphia Eagles: Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt

90. Indianapolis Colts: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

91. Dallas Cowboys: Maxx Crosby, DE, Eastern Michigan

92.  Los Angeles Chargers: TeVon Coney, ILB, Notre Dame

93. Kansas City Chiefs: Mike Bell, S, Fresno State

94. New York Jets from New Orleans Saints: Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina

95. Los Angeles Rams: Jalen Jelks, OLB, Oregon

96. New York Giants from New England Patriots: Ross Pierschbacher, C/G, Alabama

97. Washington Redskins: Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami

98. New England Patriots: Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

99. Jacksonville Jaguars from Los Angeles Rams: Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami

100. Los Angeles Rams: Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

101. Carolina Panthers: Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern

102. New England Patriots: Cameron Smith, ILB, USC

103. Baltimore Ravens: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

Edited by brushmyhair

jawaan taylors tape is that not of a top 10 player.  while OL is a need we also need a backup DE for nagkoue(IE a Nickle guy as campbell slides inside on nickle), TE(i dunno what a geoff swaim is but he doesnt seem like a good starting TE.  i could also maybe see us picking Ed Oliver as the dude is an athletic 3tech even tho we just drafted 1 last year but oliver seems alot better then bryan does.

Hate it. Metcalf is the biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft and has the agility of a lineman. Titans don’t need a guy who needs a ton of development. Metcalf is as raw as they come and that’s not helping Mariota.  Guys like Lindstrom and Bradbury will help Mariota not get killed though.

5 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

8. Atlanta Falcons TRADE UP with Detroit Lions: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

The Falcons need to boost up the middle of their defensive line, and Ed Oliver is a player that just comes off as that typical Dan Quinn type player. Super athletic, strong burst, fast, and has a knack for hitting the QB. The Falcons may fear that he might not be available at 14, so they make the move up to #8 to go grab him.

ATL trades pick 14, Pick 79, and pick 137 to Detroit

Great trade and great pick.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Great trade and great pick.

Agreed with you on this one bro i have no problem going to get Ed Oliver for that price and i think it's a fair trade for a elite defender at big position of need.

Im a bit more hesitant to do it for a 1st and 2nd but a 1st 3rd and late round pick im all on board for moving up for Bosa, Williams, or Oliver whoever falls to where we can reach them with luck.   Although the ideal situation has him falling to us at 14 fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Agreed with you on this one bro i have no problem going to get Ed Oliver for that price and i think it's a fair trade for a elite defender at big position of need.

Im a bit more hesitant to do it for a 1st and 2nd but a 1st 3rd and late round pick im all on board for moving up for Bosa, Williams, or Oliver whoever falls to where we can reach them with luck.   Although the ideal situation has him falling to us at 14 fingers crossed.

Ends up being 1st, 3rd and 4th.