1st Mock of 2019

brushmyhair

On 3/31/2019 at 2:17 AM, FalconFan13 said:

little more than i wish to pay but i could stomach it but if we could somehow pull a 1st, 3rd, and 5th i would consider that almost perfect while being reasonable.

1st 3rd and 4th ends up being perfect on the trade value chart. a 5th wouldn't be enough there.

6 hours ago, R3N3G4D3 said:

Round 2 is even less appealing because Wilson is overrated. Bush is a much better player and is available for Denver in the first.

Bradburry would be a much better selection in the second because we lost Matt Paradis (our starting center) in free agency. Bradburry is a first round talent who should not be available in the second round, so I’ll take that value while also filling a major need.

Safety is also not a huge need for the Broncos and I would consider Murphy a reach at pick 10, so you should expect more criticism from Denver fans. I would also suggest being more open minded to other commenters opinions because you seem to be undervaluing their thoughts when they more than likely have a better understanding of their team’s needs and draft philosophies.

I don't intend to undervalue their opinions, I respect their takes, and when I make a 2nd edition draft, chances are they'll look different. This won't be my only draft as I plan on working on another a few days before the draft. I do think Safety could be addressed for Denver, I really do, but like I said, I don't plan on any edits of this draft. Only additions

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

1st 3rd and 4th ends up being perfect on the trade value chart. a 5th wouldn't be enough there.

Im not denying it's correct value and probably what it takes im just hoping we can talk them into less it's been done before hopefully we could do it again :D   With that said i've seen teams give up a metric ton to move up like 3 or 4 spots which was dumb as well so it could be worse.

Also i use to be the 1st person to use the draft value chart in any argument i made stating how correct it was.  But lately for some reason it seems teams are starting to go away from it quite often and the values aren't nearly as accurate as the chart use to be it feels like.   Im wondering if that started changing more and more when the rookie contracts that were so expensive went away.

Edited by FalconFan13

15 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I don't intend to undervalue their opinions, I respect their takes, and when I make a 2nd edition draft, chances are they'll look different. This won't be my only draft as I plan on working on another a few days before the draft. I do think Safety could be addressed for Denver, I really do, but like I said, I don't plan on any edits of this draft. Only additions

Fair enough. I do believe Denver will start Kareem Jackson at one safety spot (Houston played him in a hybrid role last season) and then Justin Simmons will man the other with Will Parks being the #3, so I can’t say I agree with your assessment of safety being a need for the Broncos.

I don’t hate the Murphy pick if Jackson does indeed play safety, but I dislike his value at the 10th slot. I think the corners that will be available in the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd are similar talents to those that might go in the back half of the first, but you either love this cornerback class or hate it.

The Broncos have holes along the offensive and defensive lines as well as at inside linebacker (a position of high importance in Vic Fangio’s scheme), so that’s why you see Bush being a fan favorite. I’ve read nothing but bad reports about Wilson which is why I dislike that pick in the 2nd.

Tight end is also a position that needs to be addressed because we have lacked a difference maker there for quite some time now, and Flacco utilized his tight ends heavily in Baltimore which makes me think Denver will add to that group. I know we are high on Dawson Knox from Ole Miss, so that might be a player to consider when you begin to add rounds to your draft.

Honestly, I’ll be content as long as we don’t reach for a QB. Just some thoughts to consider for next time. Looking forward to it!

Edited by R3N3G4D3

The Vikings made a HUGE investment in Kirk Cousins last year and he went through the season playing with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.  In his second year of the three year contract, the team would be crazy not to do something about the line in one of the first two rounds.  We NEED offensive line help badly.  Compared to that, any defensive pick is a luxury for us that would be a mistake IMHO.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 2:59 PM, brushmyhair said:

I was going to slot Brady's successor in this draft, and i'm not changing picks. I think Tom retires in 3 years and Grier sitting behind brady for 3 years like Rodgers did with Favre is going to have him ready to go when his time comes. i'm planning to do 7 rds so just wait to see how this draft turns out. If Belichick actually made these 3 picks, you probably say in the moment, In Belichick I Trust

You can’t just slot any QB behind a legend like Brady and say they will be the next star...this Rodgers/Favre analogy gets used far too much. It’s more likely Grier will fail in any situation than succeed, he is hot garbage.  But in his defense so is Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins and pretty much all the QBs in this class.  It’s 2013 all over again except the media has everyone so far up QBs ***** nowadays they will all get over drafted and those teams who are patient will hit big in the next two years.

Edited by badgers0821
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

You can’t just slot any QB behind a legend like Brady and say they will be the next star...this Rodgers/Favre analogy gets used far too much. It’s more likely Grier will fail in any situation than succeed, he is hot garbage.  But in his defense so is Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins and pretty much all the QBs in this class.  It’s 2013 all over again except the media has everyone so far up QBs ***** nowadays they will all get over drafted and those teams who are patient will hit big in the next two years.

Jimmy G. developed pretty well by sitting behind Brady and learning for a period of time. 

I can name three. Steve Young, Roger Staubach and Danny White. Not sure if you can count Jeff Hostetler.  Also Wil Grier is a 5th rd at best. I pray the Pats pass on every QB in this draft. they are all backups.  The hype for Grier reminds me of Christian Ponder who I thought was a bust waiting to happen.

This Bills added 6 offensive linemen so far in free agency. I can't see them spending a high pick on one. It will just be to congested and force someone to get cut. I'd go with one of the Clemson Dlinemen in that scenario. Most likely Wilkins

65. Arizona Cardinals: Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse

66. Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

67. San Francisco 49ers: Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

68. New York Jets: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

69. Jacksonville Jaguars: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

70. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dionte Thompson, S, Alabama

71. FORFEITED BY NYG

72. Denver Broncos: Michael Delter, OG, Wisconsin

73. Cincinnati Bengals: Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

74. New England Patriots from Detroit Lions: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, CB/S, Florida

75. Buffalo Bills:  Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois

76. Green Bay Packers: Tre Lamar, ILB, Clemson

77. Buffalo Bills From Washington Redskins: Darnell Savage, S, Maryland

78. Carolina Panthers: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington

79. Miami Dolphins: Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

80. Detroit Lions From Atlanta Falcons: Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky

81. Cleveland Browns: Amani Hooker, S, Iowa

82. Minnesota Vikings: Connor McGovern, G, Penn State

83. Tennessee Titans: Zach Allen, DE/DT, Boston College

84. Pittsburgh Steelers: Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State

85. Seattle Seahawks: Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion

86. Baltimore Ravens: T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin

87. Houston Texans: Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State

88. Chicago Bears: Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

89. Detroit Lions from Philadelphia Eagles: Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt

90. Indianapolis Colts: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

91. Dallas Cowboys: Maxx Crosby, DE, Eastern Michigan

92.  Los Angeles Chargers: TeVon Coney, ILB, Notre Dame

93. Kansas City Chiefs: Mike Bell, S, Fresno State

94. New York Jets from New Orleans Saints: Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina

95. Los Angeles Rams: Jalen Jelks, OLB, Oregon

96. New York Giants from New England Patriots: Ross Pierschbacher, C/G, Alabama

97. Washington Redskins: Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami

98. New England Patriots: Andy Isabella, WR, UMass

99. Jacksonville Jaguars from Los Angeles Rams: Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami

100. Los Angeles Rams: Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

101. Carolina Panthers: Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern

102. New England Patriots: Cameron Smith, ILB, USC

103. Baltimore Ravens: Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

Nice job for the Pats in 3rd however I don't see any need for,  102. New England Patriots: Cameron Smith, ILB, USC.  LB is not a need they drafted two last year and rookie Ja'Whaun Bentley started before getting injured.

Edited by m haynes