1st Mock of 2019

brushmyhair

42 minutes ago, m haynes said:

64. New England Patriots: Wil Grier, QB, West Virginia

QB is not critical for the Pats, especially in this draft. Will Grier is a complete reach, and screams desperate need. The QB class is average at best and why waste an asset that high when there are other serious needs such as OL, WR and DL. Your picks (2 out of 3) won't see the field next year . QB maybe 3 years on the bench!

Will Grier should go in the late 3 or 4th round.  Hopefully not by the Pats

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/3/4/18249950/2019-nfl-draft-kurt-warner-quarterback-class-average-group-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins

I was going to slot Brady's successor in this draft, and i'm not changing picks. I think Tom retires in 3 years and Grier sitting behind brady for 3 years like Rodgers did with Favre is going to have him ready to go when his time comes. i'm planning to do 7 rds so just wait to see how this draft turns out. If Belichick actually made these 3 picks, you probably say in the moment, In Belichick I Trust

1 hour ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Brown would be a nice pick, IF available, which I doubt. Same thing as the O-line, though. We've picked up 3 WR's in free agency; Brown, Beasley, and Roberts. Our first pick is going to be defense, most likely defensive tackle. It's the strength of this class, it's a need for us, and we've covered all the other bases in free agency. Trust me on this, dude.

Well RD 3 is coming up so DT will probably be addressed for you guys early.

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Meh it's an alright 2nd round pick but i would prefer we didn't use our only other pick in the 1st 3 rounds on our 4th or 5th CB.  Trufant, Oliver, and Kazee have the 1st 3 spots covered right now and Blidi-Wreh was actually very good as our #4 last year. 

Not saying we shouldn't add one for depth but i wouldn't do it in the 2nd round over a RT, Edge Rusher, or NT. 

Can't please everyone. Just wait and see whats in store for rd 3.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Gross. Give the Browns Taylor Rapp. We have a massive need at SS. Our defense sucked at exactly the things Rapp can and will correct.

I feel they need someone across from Ward on the other side, and I have every intention on slotting in a safety at pick 80, but keep an eye on Eric Berry potentially signing with you guys.

Edited by brushmyhair

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

I feel they need someone across from Ward on the other side, and I have every intention on slotting in a safety at pick 80, but keep an eye on Eric Berry potentially signing with you guys.

Not at all. We have Terrance Mitchell, who was awesome for us last year. I was shocked that he was as good as he was, but he's better than most every team's #2 CB. We could use a nickel, but I'd rather add another safety (Jaquan Johnson) and roll with a group like this:

LCB: Mitchell

RCB: Ward

FS: Randall

SS: Rapp

NCB: Jaquan Johnson

That's a nasty secondary with hitting power. We run 99% zone now with Wilks so having lockdown man cover corners is not overly important.

19 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

As you mentioned TE, I thought about mocking them to trade up to 31 with the Rams to select Noah Fant, but elected to go in a different direction. I may slot him in to the 2nd rd pick tomorrow.

as much as i want fant. the well-roundness of Hockenson which we should value since we probably will be a bit run-heavy would help us alot more then another eric ebron.  im not saying fant wouldnt be a good pick but having a well-rounded te seems better value then a rt.  we could go get a rt round 2 or 3 depending how stuff falls out but we did invest a 4th round pick last year for a rt and he didnt play last year really due to injuries. 

I love the Wilkins pick for the Vikes in RD 1. 3 tech DT is a major need for the future. He can get solid snaps in this year rotating with Stephen and be the man of the future (if not the present, thankfully he doesnt have to be though). RD 2 is where you lost me and i would assume pretty much every Viking fan. We NEED OL bad, we do not need another OLB that bad. Yes, Gedeon can be replaced but considering he's only in on our base D (which isnt that much), it isnt that big of a need. I'd slot in one of McCoy or Jordan and call it a day. Then RDs 3 and 4 I'd be looking for a WR3 (like an Andy Isabella) and DE depth. RDs 6 and 7 (4 picks) can be OL, TE, LB, and S. With the possibility of RB, depends on if we decide we want veteran depth behind Cook (which i highly advise they do, as i dont think Abdullah can cut it as a RB2. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Can't please everyone. Just wait and see whats in store for rd 3.

We don't have a 3rd round pick my friend you traded it and our 4th rounder for Oliver :)  Which i had no problem with honestly i like oliver alot. So not sure how waiting on round 3 or 4 also is gonna help us xD But thats why i would have rather went with an actual much bigger need in round 2 instead of a 4th or 5th CB.   If we didn't give up our 3rd and 4th round pick i wouldn't be as against a CB earlier still wouldn't love it but wouldn't have as big a problem with it as i would in this scenario.  But with that trade up move it sorta took away all our ammo to get starters at needed positions.    This is our DE rotation right now

Vic Beasley, Tak Mckinley, Steven Means    3 players thats it no more lol  Vic is on a franchise tag at 12.3 million last year of his deal   Steven means is a UDFA who was brought back for minnimum on a 1 year deal very little playing time so far.    Tak is the only guy set in stone for the next 2 or 3 years and neither Vic or Tak have lived up to their expectations so far to make me believe they can be 10 to 15 sack guys this year guaranteed.  I would love it if they did and both reach their potential but who knows if they will? 

As far as OT we have Ty Sambrolo penciled in as our starting RT after we released Ryan Schraeder a few weeks back.  Yes that Ty Sambrolo from denver That Vic Beasley got like 4 sacks on in 1 game lol.     We also have to find a NT that can replace what we had in Dontari Poe the year before and Terrell mcclain last year.   Although McClain was garbage bleh.    We got Grady on a franchise tag who is a good DT and can play spot NT duty, Deadrin Senat who for a 3rd rounder was solid but is not a NT, Ed Oliver who is great against the run but at 278 is for sure not a NT and can probably play a little DE in bigger sets or next to Grady on pass rush downs or replace Grady if we can't get a contract done with him this season.    Jack Crawford is also a undersized DT that is a pass rusher for us.  So we really don't have a true NT run stopper that our defense calls for.

Hope this help explains our situation to you a bit more and why i thought CB that early as a 4th or 5th CB for us was not as important as legit starting needs or pieces we don't have good players at already with us losing alot of our picks from the trade up. 

Edited by FalconFan13

On 30/03/2019 at 5:50 PM, brushmyhair said:

10. Denver Broncos: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

What is Denver thinking, is probably what most of their fans have been thinking this entire offseason, especially when it comes to opting with Flacco over pursuing Foles. They have lost Talib and Roby, and there was some speculation going around last year had Chubb not been available, they would have selected Denzel Ward. In this draft, they opt to take the best CB in the draft at 10, and wait till 2020 for Fromm or Herbert.

Not happening. Denver signed Kareem Jackson and Bryce Callahan.

15 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I was going to slot Brady's successor in this draft, and i'm not changing picks. I think Tom retires in 3 years and Grier sitting behind brady for 3 years like Rodgers did with Favre is going to have him ready to go when his time comes. i'm planning to do 7 rds so just wait to see how this draft turns out. If Belichick actually made these 3 picks, you probably say in the moment, In Belichick I Trust

"you probably say in the moment, In Belichick I Trust"

Hell no, I would not say this. I have been a Pats fan far to long to believe BB is perfect.  He had his fair share of mistakes. Dominique Easley  Boy was I pissed! Jordan Richards, Tavon Wilson,  Jermaine Cunningham and one of my favorites. I don't follow football its just a job. Ron Brace.

Grier and Rodgers in the same sentence  is head scratching. Fine, slot a QB but put him at the back end of the draft.

Feel free keeping your choice. I will start the Patriot version of failed  Cleveland QBs. The Pats take  Tim Couch, Oops,  I mean Will Grier !

Edited by m haynes

31 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I don't see the Vikings passing on Dillard in round one, I would say he's probably BPA over Wilkins, and then passing on another OL in round two, I don't see that happening for the Vikings.

Going to echo the same thing. An OLB doesn't make ANY sense to me in round 2 seeing as we re-signed Barr. McCoy would be a good pick up there IMO. Dillard and McCoy would hopefully go a long ways towards re-creating the OL.

23 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Both you and the other guy said the same thing. He reminds me a bit of a Desmond King who could play safety. I'm not making rd 1 edits, but things should look more appealing to those not in favor of rd1 in rd 2.

Round 2 is even less appealing because Wilson is overrated. Bush is a much better player and is available for Denver in the first.

Bradburry would be a much better selection in the second because we lost Matt Paradis (our starting center) in free agency. Bradburry is a first round talent who should not be available in the second round, so I’ll take that value while also filling a major need.

Safety is also not a huge need for the Broncos and I would consider Murphy a reach at pick 10, so you should expect more criticism from Denver fans. I would also suggest being more open minded to other commenters opinions because you seem to be undervaluing their thoughts when they more than likely have a better understanding of their team’s needs and draft philosophies.

Edited by R3N3G4D3