Why does Brady keep playing and keep tempting fate?

CKS97

On 3/31/2019 at 2:29 AM, CKS97 said:

I mean, he’s accomplished anything and everything,

why keep spoiling a possible legendary ending and risk a Favre-like end when you know you’re tempting fate.

you’ve got nothing left to prove, you don’t heed ANOTHER meaningless ring.... why does he act like he can play Forever?

he apparently acts as if anything less than 9 rings is a failure.

Pretty sure this is a troll post, but......why do you care?

You either don't love what you do, or you just don't get it, because if you did, you wouldn't be posting nonsense like this.

My hunch is he is like a lot of other players in that football is all they know and they enjoy the camaraderie in the locker room.  Most retired players say they miss the guys perhaps more than the game itself.  As long as he can play and play at a high level he will.  Most of the time guys retire because they have to because nobody wants them, their skills are shot or it physically just hurts too much.

• Like 2

As an old guy, I'll put my two cents in on this.  My belief is that Tom Brady is still physically capable of playing at a high level.  His play has dropped off a little since his absolute peak, but not all that much, IMO.  When you get older, you reach a point where your body just doesn't work the way it used to.  We saw with Peyton Manning how he hit that wall where his spirit was willing, but his body was no longer capable of playing at an NFL level.  Like Peyton, Tom loves the game, and he will probably play as long as he hasn't dropped off that physical cliff where his abilities are gone.   As far as risking injury, my guess is that the pay, the adulation, and fun of playing with his teammates makes it worth the risk in his mind.